Change of heart for Leodis

zdro22

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i hope you accept the potential consequences, legal fees, fines that come from that because, evidently, some people never learn. but at least you've made your intentions clear, so i'm sure some of us will be able to point the authorities in the right direction.

jw

To be clear, I think that the kids should be punished. I hate vandals.

If I were ever to actually commit an act of vandalism on a pro athlete's property it would be an act of civil disobedience. I would accept all legal punishment. I hope these teenagers were fans of Thoreau.

If you think I would actually announce on the internet that I was going to commit said act, then I deserve double the punishment being thrown at me for doing something so stupid. Bragging on the internet about partaking in criminal activity is almost as dumb as trying to fight for extra meaningless yards on a kickoff return when your team is protecting a late-4th quarter lead.

Many moons ago, TOm Barasso had his 9-11 burned after a terrible Sabre performance/game. I wonder is these hoodlums in Leonis's cases are the offspring?

Do you people remember the Barasso car burning?

http://www.wgr550.com/McKelvin-Pressing-Charges/5241750

Thoughts? Im mixed, i think it teaches the kids a needed lesson. However, i think Leodis could have done alot in regards to PR/fan support to just talk to those kids and tell them why they were wrong...thoughts?

Yes, I'm glad in this time of constrained budgets that the police department and DA's office are using precious investigative resources to build a rock solid case here that will ultimately result in $50 fines :lol:

HurlyBurly, I don't think much in the way of resources is going to be used, especially when the culprits admitted to their acts. There is a way for them to plead quilty to a low misdemeanor, and then have their conviction vacated if they stay out of trouble for a certain period of time.

There is a bigger issue than this singular act. It is making the point that trespassing on someone's property to express one's ridiculous frustration over the outcome of a game is not going to be tolerated. The players and their families shouldn't have to worry about their security because of their high profile profession. If anyone wants to act like a fool, adult or juvenile, then they should assume the consequences for their asinine behavior.

Get off your high horse John. These kids did a harmless prank after Mcdipshit cost the Bills the game by his lack of game awareness & stupidity. Then he comes out openly says I do not want anybody arrested for this. I could almost see pressing charges if it was some middle age 35 year old who did this. These kids are just in high school & probably hit dad's liquor cabinet too hard that night & thought it would be funny. It is ironic but I do not remember the public outcries for that lady that Lynch ran down on the chip strip. F*ck Mckelvin, I just lost what little respect I had for him. & if you think these kids should be punished to the full extent of the law then by the same token Lynch should of been suspended for the whole season, not just three games for his actions were 100xs worse then what these 16 year old kids did.

God some people are just pathetic, you are one of them.

THEY BROKE THE LAW.

Get it?

Apparently not.

I can only hope someone destroys your property and see if have a good chuckle about it and say "Oh well, no big deal"

The incident was investigated fully and there was no evidence that Lynch knew he hit the woman. I agree that he did hit her, but unwittingly, and thus unwittingly left the scene, and thus got the traffic infraction. I guess that could be called a "crime."

My mistake on what was actually written, but it's still inappropriate. If this were done all the time, there'd be a lot of players' lawns messed-up after games. :lol:

But it's good that the DA is looking to press charges while McKelvin is not.

You clown--"niggar"? In your dreams, perhaps--it would have allowed you to elevate this incident to the atrocity that you imagine.

And there was no evidence that he knew he hit the canadian? Neither he nor his passenger (who was not a suspect and therefore could not avail himself of "5th amendment" protection) would cooperate by providing their version of the events of that night. The threat of his passenger having to describe the event of the ENTIRE night to the imminent grand jury hearing lead to resolution of this "simple traffic ticket"--a month later. Even if he didn't realize he hit her, it is unimaginable only to a few select sycophants on this board that he MAY have been drinking (overtly or, as is his custom, covertly) that night. Any evidence of that passed with time (4 weeks).

Anyway, you were saying?

You clown--"niggar"? In your dreams, perhaps--it would have allowed you to elevate this incident to the atrocity that you imagine.

LOL @ the "in [my] dreams" part! I was sure hoping that some idiot kids would use racial epithets!

The act itself was the atrocity, even though what was allegedly written wasn't as bad as what I thought it was, though still offensive.

And there was no evidence that he knew he hit the canadian? Neither he nor his passenger (who was not a suspect and therefore could not avail himself of "5th amendment" protection) would cooperate by providing their version of the events of that night. The threat of his passenger having to describe the event of the ENTIRE night to the imminent grand jury hearing lead to resolution of this "simple traffic ticket"--a month later. Even if he didn't realize he hit her, it is unimaginable only to a few select sycophants on this board that he MAY have been drinking (overtly or, as is his custom, covertly) that night. Any evidence of that passed with time (4 weeks).

Anyway, you were saying?

LOL! So someone is a "sycophant" if he/she believes that Lynch wasn't drinking that night because, well, no one saw him drinking and there is zero evidence to support that he was, much less impaired when he drove? So what are you if you believe he was drinking, "covertly," like "in the bathroom" (as you know, a personal favorite of mine!), without any evidence whatsoever? Yes, a "clown." "In your dreams" you want to believe he was guilty of DUI hit-and-run, because, gosh darn it, he had the audacity to remain quiet, and that's obviously all the proof you need of his guilt, right? That and "come on, dontcha think he was drinking..." doesn't hold up anywhere, much less in a court of law.

And the grand jury was dismissed after the DA laughably overplayed his hand by subpoenaing Wilson, Brandon, 3 Bills execs (all of whom were no doubt out partying that night on Chippewa, if not in Lynch's car), Steve Johnson, James Hardy, and Christian Gaddis (did the DA forget about Billy Buffalo?), for the sole purpose of getting Lynch to admit he was the driver. The DA either finally came to his senses and offered the plea deal he should have offered in the beginning, or, more likely, his boss(es) told him to stop wasting taxpayer time and money and offer Lynch the plea deal that was appropriate for the facts gathered after a month-long investigation. Which was a traffic ticket. Lynch's passenger, the aforementioned Steve Johnson, wouldn't have given testimony any different than Lynch's account because, had Lynch truly hit-and-run and Johnson saw/knew it, Johnson could have been charged for being a material witness and not reporting a crime and/or obstruction of justice. But you knew that part, right?

As for Lynch's gun, it was essentially a crime of the letter of the law. There was no victim, real or potential. There was just an illegal gun in a trunk that, in the hands of a violent criminal, potentially could be deadly. He had his day in court and was rightfully given a misdemeanor. The suspension however was a joke, especially in light of the Commish's recent ruling on Vick, as well as others. But wait, Vick was "suspended" while in jail, "paid his debt to society," and is rehabilitated, right? ;)

These kids should be hauled before a judge and charged with the equivalent of a traffic ticket, to teach them a lesson. But it shouldn't be grounds for, perhaps, being suspended from school for a different incident.

Yes, I'm glad in this time of constrained budgets that the police department and DA's office are using precious investigative resources to build a rock solid case here that will ultimately result in $50 fines ;)

So unless its murder, they should let it go- those kids are garbage and should be treated like garbage

I think that McKelvin will be making a mistake if he tries to punish these kids "to the full extent of the law" and will squander most of the support that people in Buffalo are giving him as the victim of this crime. He is obviously doing this at the prompting of the NFL in order to "make an example out of them". A multi-millionaire athlete making an example of middle class teenagers playing a prank is not likely to be well received in a blue collar town like Buffalo. I think that both he and the NFL would gain much more in terms of good will, and therefore safety, by being lenient here. I think that McKelvin correctly sensed this when he initially decided not to press charges. Maybe he did something wrong in his youth? I hope that he re-reconsiders or at the very least administers a proportional penalty.

JMO

I think that McKelvin will be making a mistake if he tries to punish these kids "to the full extent of the law" and will squander most of the support that people in Buffalo are giving him as the victim of this crime. He is obviously doing this at the prompting of the NFL in order to "make an example out of them". A multi-millionaire athlete making an example of middle class teenagers playing a prank is not likely to be well received in a blue collar town like Buffalo. I think that both he and the NFL would gain much more in terms of good will, and therefore safety, by being lenient here. I think that McKelvin correctly sensed this when he initially decided not to press charges. Maybe he did something wrong in his youth? I hope that he re-reconsiders or at the very least administers a proportional penalty.

JMO

It wasn't a prank, it was a crime- I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.......players are NOT subject to the wrath of the fans- on or off the field

It wasn't a prank, it was a crime- I hope they are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.......players are NOT subject to the wrath of the fans- on or off the field

I guess that makes sense as long as you are prepared to live in a world without forgiveness and where every crime is punished to the maximum extent possible. It doesn't sound like a fun place to me. As Ghandi said, "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

I guess that makes sense as long as you are prepared to live in a world without forgiveness and where every crime is punished to the maximum extent possible. It doesn't sound like a fun place to me. As Ghandi said: "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

And what is a world that allows everyone to act on every angry impulse they have?

The best solution is one in which the kids do an extremely embarrassing public punishment both to get the kids to understand this was NOT funny and to prevent them from doing the usual bragging about geting away from punishment.

It also would also further NFL goal of drawing line between lawful and unlawful expression of fans.

The best solution is one in which the kids do an extremely embarrassing public punishment both to get the kids to understand this was NOT funny and to prevent them from doing the usual bragging about geting away from punishment.

It also would also further NFL goal of drawing line between lawful and unlawful expression of fans.

I agree, they should be required to mow his lawn & shovel snow from his driveway for as long as he is a Buffalo Bill or they turn 21 years of age.

There are always gonna be people like you. All I know is that if 2 KIDS came up to me and apologized for a stupid prank they pulled and offered to make it right, all would be forgiven and you move on. You don't need the law looking over your shoulders for every minor infraction. IMHO they learn more from that type of experience.