Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

Guest dog14787
i have heard these reports, but can't track them down other than what WBEN reported earlier today.

is there anyone out there with any more confirmation on Leodis' supposed flip-flop. it's strange, because I spoke to him today and he said he wasn't pressing charges.

jw

A link is posted on the board jw (Change of heart for Leodis)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now it's being said that McKelvin has decided to press charges after all. It's beeing tweeted and I just read an online article. However the Buffalo News says it's the DA who may press charges.

This thing needs to die one way or another...the last thing needed is a distraction like this. I wonder if Leodis tried to file an insurance claim and his company required him to go after the little bastards... or, perhaps the Buffalo News is right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun,

An insurance claim for what exactly? To pay someone to cut his grass? I think his deductible would preclude that course of action :censored:

A link is posted on the board jw

that link is from WGR, which is a sister station of WBEN.

my question is is there anyone other than an ENTERCOM affiliate reporting this, because i can't find anything else. i'm not entirely discounting the WBEN report because they are a very reputable and trusted news outlet, however i'm wondering why other media aren't reporting this.

again, i thought this was over when Leodis told me he wasn't pressing charges earlier today.

jw

So now it's being said that McKelvin has decided to press charges after all. It's beeing tweeted and I just read an online article. However the Buffalo News says it's the DA who may press charges.

This thing needs to die one way or another...the last thing needed is a distraction like this. I wonder if Leodis tried to file an insurance claim and his company required him to go after the little bastards... or, perhaps the Buffalo News is right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun,

what does this mean, insurance claim. there was nothing damaged on his lawn.

and what do you mean maybe the Buffalo News had it right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun.

The AP reported last night that the DA had the right to pursue this matter with or without McKelvin's permission.

jw

my question is is there anyone other than an ENTERCOM affiliate reporting this, because i can't find anything else. i'm not entirely discounting the WBEN report because they are a very reputable and trusted news outlet, however i'm wondering why other media aren't reporting this.

again, i thought this was over when Leodis told me he wasn't pressing charges earlier today.

jw

Sal tweeted it (as I'm sure you already saw). But since he used "reportedly," it sounds like he hasn't been able to confirm it either.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson...st-vandals.html

One day after Buffalo Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin told reporters that he didn't want the two teenagers who vandalized his front law to be arrested, Eric County District Attorney Frank Sedita told a Buffalo radio station that he has received a sworn affidavit from McKelvin stating that he would like to press charges.

Looks like everything tracks back to Sedita.

what does this mean, insurance claim. there was nothing damaged on his lawn.

and what do you mean maybe the Buffalo News had it right and the NFL beat reporters jumped the gun.

The AP reported last night that the DA had the right to pursue this matter with or without McKelvin's permission.

jw

Didn't have time (or want) to read this entire thread but from 1130 or so miles away, and as a lifelong Bills fan, this is shameful. My thought is for Leodis McKelvin to NOT press charges and invite these teens to The Ralph, give them the tour and seats for the game. Who didn't make mistakes as a teenager? Turn it around.

Does anyone know what was actually spray painted? McKelvin said he laughed at it (after his anger subsided). Sorry, but I've been driving for 18 hours and don't feel like reading the whole thread; forgive me for my laziness if its in this thread.

From the snooze:

"The messages scrawled on the lawn outside McKelvin’s brick home in the Briercliff Estates subdivision off Amsdell Road included the statement “learn 2 take a knee,” as well as the score—25-24—and a graphic depiction of the male anatomy."

jw

A player misled you??

This is so stupid... Blades of grass... I can't imagine why I am even replying... But here goes. Is it really up to Leodis? Afterall, it is CRIMINAL... Leodis is not the one to decide. Erie County/Hamburg can go ahead and press charges even if Leodis doesn't want to.

There is your problem... Just like the Kane thing... No matter what the parties are saying.

So now Leodis is not pressing charges again?

One thing I've figured out: I now blame the coaches for the fumble. Clearly Leodis will do anything anyone tells him to do, so they must not have said anything about getting to the ground.

Bingo!

Even my overweight, undereducated co-workers in Chicago think the same thing you posted in the first paragraph... GO FIGURE!

Same thing with the neighbors north of the border (Wisconsin)...

:beer:

Wisconsin should talk... the home of the John Birch society and the Communist movement in the US. Between Madison and Appleton you have California and Alabama all rolled into one.... talk about a schizoid state. :blink:

So now Leodis is not pressing charges again?

One thing I've figured out: I now blame the coaches for the fumble. Clearly Leodis will do anything anyone tells him to do, so they must not have said anything about getting to the ground.

Far as I can tell, Sedita is the only one who ever said he was, and that runs contrary to what both McKelvin and his agent have directly told the media.

A player misled you??

in my many dealings with athletes, i cannot recall having one directly lie to me. skirt the topic? say no comment? point the conversation to off the record? yes. but lie when asked a direct question? no recollection of this. there's one politician (not local) that did this to me, but that's another story altogether.

and there does seem to be some confusion out there between what Sedita said and what Leodis and his agent are saying. i'm not saying Sedita is wrong either, but something's not lining up because Leodis and agent wouldn't be so adamant in their denials.

jw

in my many dealings with athletes, i cannot recall having one directly lie to me. skirt the topic? say no comment? point the conversation to off the record? yes. but lie when asked a direct question? no recollection of this. there's one politician (not local) that did this to me, but that's another story altogether.

and there does seem to be some confusion out there between what Sedita said and what Leodis and his agent are saying. i'm not saying Sedita is wrong either, but something's not lining up because Leodis and agent wouldn't be so adamant in their denials.

jw

Did I read that latest story correctly -- McKelvin's agent is Hadley Engelhard? Tell you a little story about him the next time I see you ... :lol: