Leodis McKelvin's property vandalized

Simon

You have repeatedly shown yourself to be pretty racist and although I think it's backward, I support your right to think what you will. I see no reason why your choice of religion should be out-of-bounds when you seem to have no problem judging others based on things that are not their choice.

My point is.....I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TAKING HEAT!!!

If I am going to dish it, I will take it. When certain posters chime in with insults because they have no shot at taking me down with logic or original humor...I see it for what it is. No big deal.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont live in the WNY area so I may be wrong but dont Bills players keep their addresses private? I mean if I where an athlete I would be unlisted in the phone book to keep my private life private. I would be more worried about how someone knew where I lived. Maybe I'm wrong? Are there Bills players that have made reference to their homes? I dont see many players doing this IMO

"It wasn't quite the public wrath lashed out at Scott Norwood after his famous wide right miss at the end of Super Bowl XXV. But bitter Buffalo Bills fans did go too far Monday night when they spraypainted an obscenity on the lawn of kick returner Leodis McKelvin in the town of Hamburg, just outside Buffalo." - Mike Zeisberger

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/football/...928426-sun.html

Correct me if im wrong, but I recall Bills fans chanting for Scott Norwood and bringing him to tears at City Hall after Super Bowl XXV...or is that just my imagination. Here is the link to video of that....but it may be a fake like the moon landing video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c21xzRcd2Uo

I saw this on SI today.

----------------------------------------------------------

"On another note, Silver said he wasn't surprised that Bills fans vandalized Leodis McKelvin's house. Silver said when he writes negative things about Buffalo, the team's fans threaten him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatric...l#ixzz0RHxRBkRe

I've read his stuff in the past. He had an axe to grind with A.J. Smith of the Chargers during the LT contract dispute. Let his personal bias get in the way of objective reporting in that case. Not a big fan of his.

Comments?

Slander, Threats, Accusations, Religious Biggotry..............

Spraypaint on a lawn with no threats or hate speech by 1 of 2 million fans in the Greater Niagara Region (Thanks Russ for coining that one!), after a guy making $20 million makes a decision a Pop Warner kid wouldn't make.

Wow, way to make yourself the victim dude.

As a side note, making a mistake at your job does not make it okay for someone to vandalize your property. Period.

Have you ever made a mistake at your job? Does that mean I can do whatever I want to your personal property, even though it has absolutely no affect on my personal well-being or any other crucial facet of my life?

On this website alone...heck, on this thread alone....I have been slandered, accused of breaking the law, had my occupational livelyhood threatened, my Religion belittled, my mental ability and status mocked and degraded.....

You really don't see the difference between this, and showing up at your bunker uninvited to vandalize it?

:thumbsup:

This isn't about what they did, it's about the mindset of someone who takes the time to do this. As DCTom says it has a "rabbit in a stewpot" feel to it. :D

No, it's about perspective. At the end of the day, these guys will probably end up with a small fine, I'm guessing on the order of $50. That's on the level of a parking ticket. Yet there are those who have jumped onto their moral high horse and doling out punishment on an order of magnitude reserved for the worst of the worst in society.

You are seriously comparing a physical violation of someone's home with comments made on a message board?

Someone was able to link in neo Nazi's with spray paint on a lawn, so why not? <_<

I dont live in the WNY area so I may be wrong but dont Bills players keep their addresses private? I mean if I where an athlete I would be unlisted in the phone book to keep my private life private. I would be more worried about how someone knew where I lived. Maybe I'm wrong? Are there Bills players that have made reference to their homes? I dont see many players doing this IMO

there is no provicy in todays internet world

On this website alone...heck, on this thread alone....I have been slandered, accused of breaking the law, had my occupational livelyhood threatened, my Religion belittled, my mental ability and status mocked and degraded.....

And that's when you're having a GOOD day. :D

might be amused to see some Bills fans quoted in this piece that just moved:

AP: Bills CB McKelvin Willing to forgive and forget

thanks, everyone.

jw

Nice article... and as a former Buffalonian and one always in spirit and addiction to Buffalo Sports, I like the sentiment expressed. Positive reinforcement of McKelven is a good thing. Despite the disconnect of the money he earns, he still is a young kid and I grew up where every knew each other and neighbors took care of each other.

I dont know if this was posted already (I'll be the first to admit I didnt go and re-read the entire thread) but on BB.com they have a story about how local Bills fans are donating money to McKelvin's favorite charity. Thought it was a very nice gesture.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/16/r...s-fans-step-up/