Bills player home vandalized

WVUFootball29

Ah... Yes you can if you can. Under the U.S. constitution you have an absolute right to defend your property. Case and point in DC a few years back there was a Reporter columnist who shot an guy on his porch. He was trying to break in and was shot and killed. The court ruled he had the right to protect his property and shoot the man. The gun was his son's who was on leave from the Navy and legal. I forget all the details

I don't know what Constitution you're reading. The fact of the matter is you can only defend property with reasonable non-deadly force in New York State. However, you do have an absolute right to defend yourself and your family within your house, without having a duty to determine whether an intruder is after your property or the people inside your house. So, in your above example, the court may have ruled he was entitled to shoot the intruder, but only because of the possibility of danger to the occupants inside the house.

Clearly, that rationale doesn't apply to a bunch of knuckleheads vandalising a lawn outside the house. So, Mclovin could have come out and used reasonable force against said knuckleheads; ie-doing to them what Brandon Meriweather did to him last night. However, rest assured that had he shot said knuckleheads, he'd be looking at manslaughter charges.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sanctimonious thread on TBD....Yawn..

Just for the record I'm against vandalizing player's lawns, assaulting people with tire irons and the senseless genocide that occurs in West Virginia, where scores of couches are marched off to their death on Saturday nights in Autumn (sorry WVU-it had to be done-good luck).

The really funny thing about this? Brad Riter has a screenshot of the game up on his Facebook page ... and with the ball roughly a yard from hitting his hands, McKelvin's foot is OUTSIDE the end zone. So, yeah, in that split-second, he obviously should have known whether or not he was okay to kneel down for a touchback.

That's a good point and would explain why he hesitated before deciding to run it out. Still no excuse for not protecting the ball.

Do I really need to go through the effort of going back and quoting you on how the vicious spray painters of lawns need to be jailed?! I know in your bubble that sounds like a wonderful idea, but in the real world there are implications to implementting your policy, so yes you were advocating that.

Uh, no, that's not what I said.

Makes us look real good in Buffalo doesn't it

It could have been worse it could have been tragic. The Carl Rowen thing is DC was a case of young (girl and boy) teenagers pool hopping and then arguing with Rowen when Rowen, gun in hand, told him to not move the cops were coming. The kid lunged at the gun. I am not saying there isn't a disconnect between the wealth of these players and fans who support them, case and point MJ at the induction ceremony. Always heard he was an A-hole, this just confirmed it.

That being said, given recent football player paranoia about fans, something stupid and relatively harmless could turn into something very tragic and just shouldn't be done. It is a game after all.

As far as the game goes, I enjoyed it while the fantasy lasted and McKelven stupidly didn't use that thing on top of his head either. Having one doesn't guarantee good decisions.

So what do you think should be done with them if caught? Jail time?

??

For an adult, yes. IMO, an adult who would do this is likely to be a fairly useless member of society, so their incarceration may serve the greater good.

Yes, lock up all those deemed useless.

if they commit a crime, yes.

Uh, yes it is. Everyone else can be the judge of that.

Someone spray paints a !@#$ing lawn and we get 50 pages of sheer outrage. Hundreds of dogs get brutally torn apart in a dogfighting operation and three of us even gave a sh--. You guys are too much, seriously. :thumbsup:

Hide your heads in shame. You live in a state where someone spray painted SOMETHING[we don't know what] on someones lawn.

Guess you haven't heard there's an overcrowding problem in prison. Nonetheless, jail every lawn spray painter out there and let the rapists, etc. out to make room. Numbnuts :devil:

Wow - you read my mind. Clearly, I am advocating the release and pardon of all violent felons. :thumbsup:

Do I really need to go through the effort of going back and quoting you on how the vicious spray painters of lawns need to be jailed?! I know in your bubble that sounds like a wonderful idea, but in the real world there are implications to implementting your policy, so yes you were advocating that.

Uh, yes it is. Everyone else can be the judge of that.

Try harder, Sparky.

It was probably also "no big deal" when some dipshits burned a swastika (with gasoline) into one of the fairways at Transit Valley CC to protest Grant Fuhr's application for membership, right?

That is why God hates BFLO and will never grant a championship... Would be the worst thing on the planet... Just imagine the swollen heads people in WNY would get... And you think Pats* Land is bad!

:thumbsup:

That is why God hates BFLO and will never grant a championship... Would be the worst thing on the planet... Just imagine the swollen heads people in WNY would get... And you think Pats* Land is bad!

:thumbsup:

Maybe, but only if the won more than one. Pats land is bad. I would much rather deal with NYC, two minutes afterwards their attitude is what have done for me lately and it was expected, no big deal, get over yourself.

The problem that gets me is that these incidents (Mularky) must be an "inside job" among the gated communites of OP and Amherst... That is even more disturbing.

LOL, it is only thing the local high bored high school students can come up with before they leave town to take jobs in DC and on Wall Street where they can become really successful criminals.

disorderly conduct is kind of a "catch all". hardly a "stretch"

Stalking

Making Graffiti

Possession of Graffiti Instruments

Criminal Mischief

Criminal Tampering

happy now?

I really don't think that whether the damage caused is of a permanent nature really makes any difference. I'm pretty sure that I'd still get in trouble if I stopped by your house and took a big, steaming dump on your front doorstep.

Wow, scour law websites much? You're still missing the big picture here. Think about what you are arguing instead of just trying to win the argument.

For what it's worth, a few reactions from the national media:

Rich Eisen, NFL: "Awful. Apparently, no one circles the front lawn like the Buffalo Bills..."fans"?"

Pete Prisco, CBS: "It makes me sick to think some jackass fan vandalized Leodis McKelvin's home. It's a game idiot. Not life or death. And I think I get it bad with some of the comments on the bottom of my columns. nasty people."

Charles Robinson, Yahoo!: "Add this fan to Kanye's "jackass" category."

So ... get used to hearing about those "classy" Bills fans. Great.

The really funny thing about this? Brad Riter has a screenshot of the game up on his Facebook page ... and with the ball roughly a yard from hitting his hands, McKelvin's foot is OUTSIDE the end zone. So, yeah, in that split-second, he obviously should have known whether or not he was okay to kneel down for a touchback.

Good point... I have never faulted him for the choice or the fumble... It happened. BFLO had 45 seconds to move the ball into long FG range... The problem is they only had two timeouts, when the paramount thing should ALWAYS head into the last 2 minutes with ALL your timeouts (unless something really heinous happens and you have to burn one... Butm that wasn't the case.)

IMO, this falls on DJ and clock management... "End game tactics."

Wow, I'm dealing with a retard. If you can't understand that advocating jailing all the vicious crimnials in our society such as lawn spray painters (which you clearly did) would lead to implications of relieving an already bad situation with overdrowding, then there's not much more I can do for you. Oh, and nice touch linking this to neo Nazi's :thumbsup:

"Numbnuts"

"Retard"

the irony is pretty rich. :devil:

I'm really not familiar with the number of "vicious" (your characterization, not mine) lawn spray painters in the WNY area. Since you seem to be such an expert on the topic, perhaps you could shed some more light?

Really, though, what's the difference between a "vicious" lawn spray painter and someone ("viciously", no doubt) who burns a lawn with gasoline? It's just grass, right?

For what it's worth, a few reactions from the national media:

Rich Eisen, NFL: "Awful. Apparently, no one circles the front lawn like the Buffalo Bills..."fans"?"

Pete Prisco, CBS: "It makes me sick to think some jackass fan vandalized Leodis McKelvin's home. It's a game idiot. Not life or death. And I think I get it bad with some of the comments on the bottom of my columns. nasty people."

Charles Robinson, Yahoo!: "Add this fan to Kanye's "jackass" category."

So ... get used to hearing about those "classy" Bills fans. Great.

my thought exactly. Great!