McKelvin was SUPPOSED to bring it out with 2:06 left

Simon

If you're so afraid of a freaking Special Team's fumble that you're willing to give your opponents a free TO with 2:00 left in a tight game, you've got less guts than Dick Jauron.

If your worried about taking 6-8 seconds off the clock to not give NE a free timeout, then you must know your team cannot make a first down to ice the game, or your D cannot stop NE going 60-70 yards with 0-1 timeouts then YOU have less guts then Dick Jauron.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If your worried about taking 6-8 seconds off the clock to not give NE a free timeout, then you must know your team cannot make a first down to ice the game, or your D cannot stop NE going 60-70 yards with 0-1 timeouts then YOU have less guts then Dick Jauron.

:censored:

Obviously. Say no more.

They have likely to make 2 first downs instead of 1 if we don't bring that ball out.

I'll take the strong odds we don't fumble, instead of curling up and being afraid to play football.

Obviously. Say no more.

So you'd also give your opponent a free TO with 2:00 left and curl up into the fetal position in your own endzone because you were afwaid to bring the ball out and pway?

Gee, we're all surprised. :bag:

This is what is eating at me right now. Regardless of the :06 left on the clock before the two minute warning, as numerous people have pointed out earlier your hands team is in there... AND you are ripping off chunks of yardage with screens, draws, delayed handoffs, and consistently doing this while running the play clock down to the last :03 seconds... TAKE THE KNEE AND PICK UP THE EXTRA GODDAMN FIRST DOWN LIKE A REAL TEAM. If you don't, PUNT THE BALL AND TAKE YOUR CHANCES. McKelvin had no business, whether it was a coaches decision or his own, running that ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone!! Not in this game under those circumstances!!

You're just wrong here. It's these little nuances that win or lose football games. McKelvin holds on, and the chances of winning now that the clock is under 2:00 improves dramatically.

If you're so afraid of a freaking Special Team's fumble that you're willing to give your opponents a free TO with 2:00 left in a tight game, you've got less guts than Dick Jauron.

Amen.

That...doesn't make any sense.

Obviously. Say no more.

Well, I agree with the second part of that statement...

No actually 1 first down would of about sewn it up, unless your going to wet yourself knowing brady has 30 seconds and no timeouts and 60 -70 yards to go needing a touchdown.

Except when you don't get that first down then what? Instead of having no timeouts Brady has 1. You think that timeout doesn't matter? You've got to be joking. It's not a coaching mistake to take it out of the endzone there, anyone who knows football knows that. Just hold onto it. You people are seriously making Dick Jauron look like Mike Martz.

No actually 1 first down would of about sewn it up, unless your going to wet yourself knowing brady has 30 seconds and no timeouts and 60 -70 yards to go needing a touchdown.

What if they convert on 2nd down.

Or get yet another dropped pass.

Giving your opponents a significant gift of an important TO because you're afraid to play football would have been the gutless play.

They have likely to make 2 first downs instead of 1 if we don't bring that ball out.

I'll take the strong odds we don't fumble, instead of curling up and being afraid to play football.

How is manning up and picking up 2 first downs afraid to play football. Your talking about running the ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone with your hands team on the field at a critical time in the game. When your fielding it that deep, you need to get it out of the shadow of your goal line, for one, and the kicking team usually has a bead on you around the 15, and with your hands team on, you've got no blocking. If you need to pick up an extra first down then DO IT!! How is that conservative. And the fact that McKelvin put it on the ground earlier, to me, means its a risk. Obviously those odds weren't so strong, cuz... it happened.

How is manning up and picking up 2 first downs afraid to play football. Your talking about running the ball out from 5 yards deep in the endzone with your hands team on the field at a critical time in the game. When your fielding it that deep, you need to get it out of the shadow of your goal line, for one, and the kicking team usually has a bead on you around the 15, and with your hands team on, you've got no blocking. If you need to pick up an extra first down then DO IT!! How is that conservative. And the fact that McKelvin put it on the ground earlier, to me, means its a risk. Obviously those odds weren't so strong, cuz... it happened.

Being afraid to bring the ball out for a fear you might drop it is being afraid to play football.

If it doesnt make sense to you to have the ball first and 10 on the 20 with a 4 point lead and just over 2 minutes remaining, then I suppose nothing makes sense to you.

If it doesn't make more sense to you to have it 1st and 10 on the 17 with just under 2:00 left, then I suppose nothing makes sense to you.

So you'd also give your opponent a free TO with 2:00 left and curl up into the fetal position in your own endzone because you were afwaid to bring the ball out and pway?

Gee, we're all surprised. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I would, because one first down wins the game. One first down with Freddie playing well, TO now on your team, and AVP calling a decent game. Yeah I do. Or, even if they have one timeout left, yeah, I make them 60 or 70 yards with one timeout left. You betcha.

And that's good, you shouldn't be surprised.....it's smart football in that situation, period. This way FAILED. Miserably.

Yeah, I would, because one first down wins the game. One first down with Freddie playing well, TO now on your team, and AVP calling a decent game. Yeah I do. Or, even if they have one timeout left, yeah, I make them 60 or 70 yards with one timeout left. You betcha.

And that's good, you shouldn't be surprised.....it's smart football in that situation, period. This way FAILED. Miserably.

AMEN

So because event (a) happened then the odds weren't that strong against event (a) happening? That's your argument? Sound logic.

Is picking up an extra first down (not just one, but two now apparently) against a defensive mastermind statistically easier than not fumbling the kickoff? Again, I yield to you, sir. Keep in mind, this is a situation in which you have to drain the opponents three remaining timeouts, so your options are either to run the ball or make very safe passes.

There's a big difference between Tom Brady having 1 timeout vs. no timeouts. If you don't get it you just don't get it.