We Don't Know The Severity Of Bell's Back Trouble

Steely Dan

It seems that back problems can plague a player for their whole career and I'm wondering what the odds are of Bell's back trouble becoming chronic. I have to assume that Bell's back is good enough to go on Monday but the Bills are really screwed if he goes out for any time at all. Just curious.

It seems that back problems can plague a player for their whole career and I'm wondering what the odds are of Bell's back trouble becoming chronic. I have to assume that Bell's back is good enough to go on Monday but the Bills are really screwed if he goes out for any time at all. Just curious.

Steely, I've gotta believe the Bills waited until they had CERTAIN medical information that Bell would resume practicing tomorrow (when we start to install the game plan) and that the injury isn't one that's gonna linger.

Then again.

GO BILLS!!!

We always have Chambers.

:unsure: I know that's what bothers me!! :censored::thumbsup:

(I know you were being sarcastic.)

Steely, I've gotta believe the Bills waited until they had CERTAIN medical information that Bell would resume practicing tomorrow (when we start to install the game plan) and that the injury isn't one that's gonna linger.

Then again.

GO BILLS!!!

From what I've heard back problems are very, very hard to diagnose completely. This is why back trouble is the usual injury in scam car accidents. It's hard to disprove there is a problem. JMO

Also, I have a friend who never had back trouble until one day he leaned over to tie his shoes and he had a slipped disc. I just hope this doesn't plague him. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

Only the Bills medical staff knows exactly what's wrong with Bell's back. (By the way congrats to Tim Graham who was the first to report Bell might replace Walker 1-2 weeks ago). I'm willing to guarantee Bell had a MRI and with Walker's release felt the injury not severe. It could have been a strain, sprain, herniated disc, or whatever. I suspect it was a strain and is expected to get better with NSAID's(like ibuprofen), rest, and physical therapy. There's always a chance it can be re-aggravated especially shortly after healing.

Having blown a disc, I can tell you it shows up on the MRI - very clearly. Muscle strains...not such a big deal. They'd know if it was the latter in a few minutes. This all having been said, it does concern me that Bell's been out as long as he has. My angst will do nothing, however, to bring Bell to the field any sooner or later.

Having blown a disc, I can tell you it shows up on the MRI - very clearly. Muscle strains...not such a big deal. They'd know if it was the latter in a few minutes. This all having been said, it does concern me that Bell's been out as long as he has. My angst will do nothing, however, to bring Bell to the field any sooner or later.

I'm worried they're throwing him out there too early. :unsure:

I'm worried they're throwing him out there too early. :unsure:

Idiotic response on my part, Steely, but I just don't know. There has simply NO information about Bell's back....well, certainly NO information worth a schit, for about 2 weeks. I guess this is the element about the opening game that concerns me the most. Not the DTs. Not the TEs. Not even the QBs. That back on our new starting LT has me in deep-six angst.

Idiotic response on my part, Steely, but I just don't know. There has simply NO information about Bell's back....well, certainly NO information worth a schit, for about 2 weeks. I guess this is the element about the opening game that concerns me the most. Not the DTs. Not the TEs. Not even the QBs. That back on our new starting LT has me in deep-six angst.

I don't think it was stupid. My concern is that on one of the first few plays he injures it again and is out for the season. :unsure:

It is my humble medically proven opinion that he will be fine! Now, does anyone know where the "Records Room" is?

-Dr. Rosenrosen

Do you have the Beatles' white album? Nevermind, just bring me a glass of hot fat and the head of Alfredo Garcia.

Unfortunately, it all depends on what the back problem is. Some are worse than others. And it's hard to predict how quickly it can heal.

I've had back problems for years since picking up a kid at a weird angle. It hindered me from playing sports (and a few other things) for a couple of years, but it eventually healed and I'm able to do just about everything again. But then again, I'm not trying to stop a 300-pound man running full speed at me a few dozen times every week.

Unfortunately, it all depends on what the back problem is. Some are worse than others. And it's hard to predict how quickly it can heal.

I've had back problems for years since picking up a kid at a weird angle. It hindered me from playing sports (and a few other things) for a couple of years, but it eventually healed and I'm able to do just about everything again. But then again, I'm not trying to stop a 300-pound man running full speed at me a few dozen times every week.

what about a 300lb woman? :unsure:

Seriously though, over a 16 game season the chances that one of your OL gets hurt for an extended period are pretty good. Do you guys feel good about having Chambers, Scott and McKinney as the depth? :devil:

PS: It's not like Butler hasn't been banged up before.

Do you? :P