No one else wanted LW either

Yeah, we all saw Walker getting cut 6 days before our opening game...... all the other teams said "eh, we all know they are cutting walker 6 days before their season starts. All teams cut their starting LT around then!"

The teams we called to ask if they wanted to trade for him knew we would cut him. The average fan like you and I did not get a call from Russ about possibly trading Walker. Other GMs did and they knew Ralph would not pay LW's salary.

Heard on NFL net just now that we tried to trade him earlier in the day. Couldnt even get a 6th rounder for him Nuff said

So no other teams were bothering to trade for an OL in one day when they just cut down to their final roster and less than a week before their first game? I don't think it says anything more than maybe the rest of the league isn't in the state of turmoil that the Bills are.

To beat the rest of the NFL to Langston frickin' Walker of course. Imagine the massive doses of Rolaids GMs around the NFL are now taking while stressing out that Langston Walker is on the free market and if they lose out on the Langston Walker Sweepstakes they're going to have to deal with one angry owner and potentially thousands of season ticket cancellations. I'm sure they're collectively kicking themselves in the ass over not giving up that precious 7th round pick for Langston Walker's exclusive rights.

:thumbdown:

my take on this for what it's worth: jauron and the rest of the coaches realize we have no shot at the playoffs and are going with the young guys. i think we're going to see young guys inserted into the starting line-up through out the year. i can see maybin,harris,ellis and possibly palmer all getting a chance. tough for us arm chair quarterbacks to evaluate the o-line but i am excited over the little i've seen from maybin and harris. i think we might be pretty good in a year or two!

my take on this for what it's worth: jauron and the rest of the coaches realize we have no shot at the playoffs and are going with the young guys. i think we're going to see young guys inserted into the starting line-up through out the year. i can see maybin,harris,ellis and possibly palmer all getting a chance. tough for us arm chair quarterbacks to evaluate the o-line but i am excited over the little i've seen from maybin and harris. i think we might be pretty good in a year or two!

Why would Jauron do this when he knows he won't be here next year without a playoff appearance?

Heard on NFL net just now that we tried to trade him earlier in the day. Couldnt even get a 6th rounder for him Nuff said

Cmon, lets not be silly. Lets not tell half truths. We all know that there are teams that want Walker, they simply don't want him at $5 million per year for the next 3 years. I mean we can go 7-9 just as easily with a guy making $450K...

why would a team give up a draft pick for a guy they know will end up getting cut....just because no one traded for him doesnt mean no one wants him....he wont be out of work long

Why couldn't he play as a strong guard or something else for is... This looks to me like a $$$ cut... Not whats best for the team. You cannot convice me he couldnt' have played another position.

He was borderline too fat to play tackle. No f'ng way he could have played guard. The whole point of Bell coming in is that we wanted to get more athletic on the line. That being said, it's a risky move if Bell or Butler get hurt, we're probably screwed.

Teams don't usually want to keep a player who was a starter on the OL as a backup when they are LT's age. Probably Butler looked like he had more upside than Walker at RT, so they didn't want to move him back there. Anyway, I have no problem cutting him if they weren't going to start him. Give the younger players a chance in that case and save the $3 million actual salary he was due to get.

Unfortunately, the Levy era for the OL was a real disappointment. They bring in Dockery and Walker for high salaries which ticks off Peters and the whole thing is set back for years. I think Russ Brandon and co. at this point have done a much better job of at least setting up the line well for the future and even this year they can't be worse than last year, at least I hope not.

why would a team give up a draft pick for a guy they know will end up getting cut....just because no one traded for him doesnt mean no one wants him....he wont be out of work long

Because, as I've tried to explain previously, there is no guarantee you'll get the guy when he's placed on waivers. The only certain way to obtain the player is to trade for him. Unless you're the Detroit Lions, who have first dibs on the waiver wire, you can't be sure you'll get anyone that's waived.

GO BILLS!!!