No one else wanted LW either

Why would you trade a draft choice for a player you can have for free if you wait a day or two? Why would you trade a draft choice for a player when the first regular season game is TWO days away and EVERY team in the NFL has set their lineup (well, except the Buffalo Bills)?

Exactly! Everyone knew he was getting cut. Someone is going to get a damn decent RT for at minimum a backup. The Bills however are SIX days from their kickoff and still don't have their starting OL set.

Exactly! Everyone knew he was getting cut. Someone is going to get a damn decent RT for at minimum a backup. The Bills however are SIX days from their kickoff and still don't have their starting OL set.

"Coach Jauron mentioned the word cohesion on the offensive line. It’s the most important part of our operation, the cohesion in that line."

Heh.

And this fool thinks he is (or was) a better Left Tackle than Jason Peters.

Point me to the universe where Walker thought he was a better LT than Peters?

Shoot, point me to the universe where Walker thought he belonged at LT?

Bills really screwed Walker, more than any player this year. If this team had an iota of judging talent, he'd be back on the right side and Butler would be walking up the Congress steps for his real future job.

Point me to the universe where Walker thought he was a better LT than Peters?

Shoot, point me to the universe where Walker thought he belonged at LT?

Bills really screwed Walker, more than any player this year. If this team had an iota of judging talent, he'd be back on the right side and Butler would be walking up the Congress steps for his real future job.

I will actually point you to the universe where a poster at Twobillsdrive.com thought that Walker was a better LT than Jason Peters...AND a universe where said poster thought Walker belonged at LT...READY?

Here ya go...

Walker for Peters is an upgrade.

Heard on NFL net just now that we tried to trade him earlier in the day. Couldnt even get a 6th rounder for him Nuff said

Teams would not give us anything because they knew we'd cut him and they could sign him to a better contract not because noone thinks he can play football, genious.

Teams would not give us anything because they knew we'd cut him and they could sign him to a better contract not because noone thinks he can play football, genious.

Yeah, we all saw Walker getting cut 6 days before our opening game...... all the other teams said "eh, we all know they are cutting walker 6 days before their season starts. All teams cut their starting LT around then!"

Heard on NFL net just now that we tried to trade him earlier in the day. Couldnt even get a 6th rounder for him Nuff said

Well, to be fair, he has a decent sized contract AND they would have to give up a draft choice AND it came two days after these teams had just had to make some excruciating cuts, so just because no one was willing to do that doesn't mean no one wants him. Someone will sign him. He's a decent starting RT in this league.

I will actually point you to the universe where a poster at Twobillsdrive.com thought that Walker was a better LT than Jason Peters...AND a universe where said poster thought Walker belonged at LT...READY?

Here ya go...

I really wish he'd weigh in on that observation. He likes to spout off like a pro scout. I'll be taking whatever personnel evaluations he says with a grain or two of salt.

Why would you trade a draft choice for a player you can have for free if you wait a day or two? Why would you trade a draft choice for a player when the first regular season game is TWO days away and EVERY team in the NFL has set their lineup (well, except the Buffalo Bills)?

Because you have no guarantee that a player placed on waivers won't be claimed by someone else.

That said, I'm sure Walker will clear at least once.

GO BILLS!!!

Why would you trade a draft choice for a player you can have for free if you wait a day or two?

To beat the rest of the NFL to Langston frickin' Walker of course. Imagine the massive doses of Rolaids GMs around the NFL are now taking while stressing out that Langston Walker is on the free market and if they lose out on the Langston Walker Sweepstakes they're going to have to deal with one angry owner and potentially thousands of season ticket cancellations. I'm sure they're collectively kicking themselves in the ass over not giving up that precious 7th round pick for Langston Walker's exclusive rights.

its the contract. but IMO the contract was necessary and worth it for this team to have one more servicable OL.

If not, that decision should have been made a long time ago... same time as Dockery, Peters, who they wanted in the draft, and Turk.

You need a plan and this team doesnt have a plan or a real football "mind" calling the shots.