Hate to bring up the facts and spoil everyone's panic attack

eball

...and Bell received a lot of reps with the "ones" as well. There has been no "blowup" of the line "just days before the season starts."

Think about it.

Yup...I also love how they completely disregard the fact that Walker was OUT played by Bell and Bell TOOK his job...but the dooms day peeps just like to believe the FO sits around trying to figure out ways to ruin our seasons...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid (Bell) hasn't played one down of REAL NFL Ball. Do you realize the pass rushers he is going to face this year? Trent isn't going to make it through 4 games let alone the season.

Sounds like a real successful school of thought, and the same type of thinking that has had us signing bad castoffs from other teams, and keeping players like Kelsay as starters. Bench everyone who hasn't played yet, only play the veterans no matter how good they are.

...and Bell received a lot of reps with the "ones" as well. There has been no "blowup" of the line "just days before the season starts."

Think about it.

After the draft, cut of Dockery and trade of Peters, I went on the official record and said that by seasons end, and probably by midseason that this OL will be better than last years.

There is MORE talent on this OL than last year...it may take a lil while for them to gel, but they will be better for it and I think they will be better for it this year.

I still stand by that stance even with the cut of Walker... Bell has way more upside and has shown more thus far than Walker did...

So let's see if I have this straight:

Pro-Bowl LT demands contract equivalent to overpaid but adequate RT.

Trade Pro-Bowl LT.

Move overpaid but adequate RT to LT, where he's now overpaid and inadequate.

Cut overpaid and inadequate LT.

Start 2nd-year player with no experience at LT. Back him up with a guard you cut three days ago.

And oh yeah...don't forget to fire your OC first.

Is this a joke? No, really...is somebody just !@#$ing with us? WHY DIDN'T YOU sh-- heads JUST SIGN PETERS???? :thumbdown:

In case you werent paying attention, the Bills did try to sign Peters but he wanted MORE money than he was worth, and he knew it. He did not want to be here so he demanded an unreasonable contract to either be traded or at least over paid if he had to stay. I said this all offseason, he will sign with the team he is traded to for LESS than he was asking the Bills for, and thats exactly what he did...why, because it wasnt about the money, it was about getting out of Buffalo.

Thats why you trade your LT which turned into some pretty good OL help.

Bottom line, there is more talent on out O Line today than last year...Wood and Levitre were two of the highest rated OL in the draft and Bell outplayed Walker. Our C is better to boot...

The best part of all the dooms day peeps freaking out over the release of Walker are also all the same people saying we are doomed becuase we had Walker at LT...Then we gets BEAT out by a BETTER player, they freak out as if NOW our season is officially over.

So my question to them is simple...if Walker was slated to start at LT going into the preseason, and at that time you thought he was too big and slow to play LT effectively, then how is our team worse off giving his starting spot to Bell who was better all preseason and wants it more with way more upside?

The best thing too is that outside of RB, the offensive is line is one of the easier positions to come in as young player and be effective...

This board provides so much humor...

Thats easy, cause Peters didnt want to play here, and would have done a simular lackluster effort he gave us last year. Not like we had a great line with him, so if you arent succussful with someone, and they dont want to stay, how is keeping them a good thing?

Find out the guy who replaced him doesn't really want to play the positions, and just goes through the motions also. Cut him and actually have players who want to play, and give full effort on the field, rather than ones who just are there to collect a pay check.

Keep telling yourself that! Maybe one of us will believe it. He just wanted to be paid what a two time pro bowl LT at what 26? years of age was worth.

Yup...I also love how they completely disregard the fact that Walker was OUT played by Bell and Bell TOOK his job...but the dooms day peeps just like to believe the FO sits around trying to figure out ways to ruin our seasons...

How does that Kool Aid taste? You got it wrong when you assumed that either one of them was the right guy for the job. THIS IS LT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! Teams pay a premium for quality players here for a reason.!!!!!

Think about it.

Yeah, but instead, where the panic attack comes in is that they blew up the line a long time ago, and most fans felt it was an awful decision. And so far, it has been. They've been worse than awful, preseason or not.

The Bills could have drafted almost EXACTLY the same and kept Dockery and Walker, and let the new guys battle for a job. They didn't. The line was average last year. It could have been about the same, with new guys fighting to make it better. But no, Jauron's brilliant idea was to move EVERYONE and now eliminate all competition AND kill whatever depth they could have had.

That's where the panic attack truly came from, and now it seems like it's coming to fruition.

In case you werent paying attention, the Bills did try to sign Peters but he wanted MORE money than he was worth, and he knew it. He did not want to be here so he demanded an unreasonable contract to either be traded or at least over paid if he had to stay. I said this all offseason, he will sign with the team he is traded to for LESS than he was asking the Bills for, and thats exactly what he did...why, because it wasnt about the money, it was about getting out of Buffalo.

Thats why you trade your LT which turned into some pretty good OL help.

Bottom line, there is more talent on out O Line today than last year...Wood and Levitre were two of the highest rated OL in the draft and Bell outplayed Walker. Our C is better to boot...

Have you ever heard the saying something is worth EXACTLY what you pay for it? Peters got paid what he was worth and Philly footed the bill. Peters was worth that much because other teams, unlike the Bills, were willing to pay it.

If Trent makes it through 16 weeks without needing crutches I'm sure he will agree with you on all of the "help" he has gotten on OL!!!!

The best part of all the dooms day peeps freaking out over the release of Walker are also all the same people saying we are doomed becuase we had Walker at LT...Then we gets BEAT out by a BETTER player, they freak out as if NOW our season is officially over.

So my question to them is simple...if Walker was slated to start at LT going into the preseason, and at that time you thought he was too big and slow to play LT effectively, then how is our team worse off giving his starting spot to Bell who was better all preseason and wants it more with way more upside?

The best thing too is that outside of RB, the offensive is line is one of the easier positions to come in as young player and be effective...

This board provides so much humor...

Hey I heard Kyle Orton beat out Rex Grossman in Chicago a few year ago. Does that mean Kyle Orton is a good starting QB that you want running your offense? It;s even worse with Walker-Bell. Just because Bell beat out Walker doesn't mean he will be good at his job. ALL IT MEANS IS HE WAS BETTER THAN WALKER!!!! PERIOD!

I hope Bell blossoms into the next Jason Peters. I really do. I'll also be pissed when he wants to get paid what he's worth and we let him walk to.

Have you ever heard the saying something is worth EXACTLY what you pay for it? Peters got paid what he was worth and Philly footed the bill. Peters was worth that much because other teams, unlike the Bills, were willing to pay it.

If Trent makes it through 16 weeks without needing crutches I'm sure he will agree with you on all of the "help" he has gotten on OL!!!!

Edwards couldn't last 16 games behind the Pats* line. What a load of crap.