Hate to bring up the facts and spoil everyone's panic attack

eball

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still three players starting that have never played in an NFL game.

The point is that there was a PLAN that was implemented during the offseason -- not some knee-jerk decision a week before the season starts as some are making it out to be.

The point is that there was a PLAN that was implemented during the offseason -- not some knee-jerk decision a week before the season starts as some are making it out to be.

Who cares whether it was a plan or a knee jerk reaction when the plan sucks? Go ahead and credit the FO for coming of with this glorious plan if it makes you feel better, but it doesn't make the end result any more palatable or capable of competing against the pantywaists on MNF in six days!!!

The PLAN, if you mean counting on a 2 year late round project who has played football for 5 years much less an NFL game that meant something to protect you QB's blind side, was a bad one!!!!!

Hey, it COULD work. I hope it does but it involves an INCREDIBLE amount of risk. It throws the time tested concepts of the importance of continuity and experience on the offensive line out the window. With this you can't argue. We are rollin' the dice big time and I hope we don't crap out.

The PLAN, if you mean counting on a 2 year late round project who has played football for 5 years much less an NFL game that meant something to protect you QB's blind side, was a bad one!!!!!

Hey, it COULD work. I hope it does but it involves an INCREDIBLE amount of risk. It throws the time tested concepts of the importance of continuity and experience on the offensive line. With this you can't argue. We are rollin' the dice big time and I hope we don't crap out.

OH...and don't take that to mean that I think Walker was/is a better LT. Just that if our plan was to go with the best option between Walker and Bell it was a bad plan.

First of all Bell should have been the starter at LT by default as no else on the team had the athletic qualities to realistically play there- Is Butler a better RT than Walker that's the question - I've not been impressed with Butler's preseason performance, in fact I thought Scott looked better- yes Walker looked horrible at LT and anyone expecting anything different should start riding the short bus now.

That doesn't mean they are any good.....yet. They will take a serious, serious beating this year. They will be better off in the long run but that doesn't do any good this year. Call it what it is. Yet another rebuilding year. The only thing I don't get is why sign TO? Could have saved that money as well, look the fans in the eyes and say "We have sucked for 10 years and never had a plan, we will suck this year but we now at least have a plan" I don't care if they do go 0-16, I'll still watch them every week. Just give me a solid plan with a solid coaching staff and a real direction so on 563rd thought, actually, until they get a real head coach in here they will never be any good no matter what they do.

So let's see if I have this straight:

Pro-Bowl LT demands contract equivalent to overpaid but adequate RT.

Trade Pro-Bowl LT.

Move overpaid but adequate RT to LT, where he's now overpaid and inadequate.

Cut overpaid and inadequate LT.

Start 2nd-year player with no experience at LT. Back him up with a guard you cut three days ago.

And oh yeah...don't forget to fire your OC first.

Is this a joke? No, really...is somebody just !@#$ing with us? WHY DIDN'T YOU sh-- heads JUST SIGN PETERS???? :thumbdown:

billybob

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts

Posted on: May 17 2009, 02:28 PM

RFA

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,969

Pisa and Henderson or Dorsey- Bell is going to be the LT by the forth regular season game and hopefully before the season starts, But you know Juaron slow to recognize who can play and who can't.

So let's see if I have this straight:

Pro-Bowl LT demands contract equivalent to overpaid but adequate RT.

Trade Pro-Bowl LT.

Move overpaid but adequate RT to LT, where he's now overpaid and inadequate.

Cut overpaid and inadequate LT.

Start 2nd-year player with no experience at LT. Back him up with a guard you cut three days ago.

And oh yeah...don't forget to fire your OC first.

Is this a joke? No, really...is somebody just !@#$ing with us? WHY DIDN'T YOU sh-- heads JUST SIGN PETERS???? :thumbdown:

Thats easy, cause Peters didnt want to play here, and would have done a simular lackluster effort he gave us last year. Not like we had a great line with him, so if you arent succussful with someone, and they dont want to stay, how is keeping them a good thing?

Find out the guy who replaced him doesn't really want to play the positions, and just goes through the motions also. Cut him and actually have players who want to play, and give full effort on the field, rather than ones who just are there to collect a pay check.