Langston Walker released/Kirk Chambers re-signed

Warren Zevon

In the meantime the internet has crashed along with all domestic phone services from the stampede of 31 NFL franchises making a mad dash to secure the services of Langston Walker. But they'll have to compete with the New York City Transit Authority who have made Walker a substantial offer to be a turnstile.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they tried to trade Walker first and cut Chambers because they knew no team would rush to sign him. After failing to get any offers for Walker, they cut him and then re-signed Chambers. Just an educated guess.

This sounds logical.

Our o-line is very young, let's hope that we can develop them into a great line in a few years. I think Walker is a little better than Bell today but he has a tremendous upside so i'm okay with the move. Trent should invest in some additional insurance until these guys mature.

In the mean time, we will be down to our 6th, 7th and eighth QB's, because any QB playing behind this line is going to get killed!!!!

there is something to be said about changing the culture. trying to get rid of losing types and start fresh with kids who dont know any better. all in all, they got rid of a losing player (walker) -- who has never been a winning pro team. he was on a sad raider team first.

this can either backfire or turn out to be brilliant. when it is brilliant -- often the talent and pedigree of the players are usually HIGH. GREEN BAY did this a few years ago and now has a dominant line. NE did it many years ago and is now dominates. you need to have good players to do it.

this experiment should be interesting. drafting a RT next year would be awesome -- if BEll pans out.

Miami did it last year after taking Jake Long #1. The started the year with only one guy- the center- playing the same position he had the year before.

In the meantime the internet has crashed along with all domestic phone services from the stampede of 31 NFL franchises making a mad dash to secure the services of Langston Walker. But they'll have to compete with the New York City Transit Authority who have made Walker a substantial offer to be a turnstile.

:thumbdown::censored::w00t::w00t::doh::lol::lol::lol:

Miami did it last year after taking Jake Long #1. The started the year with only one guy- the center- playing the same position he had the year before.

And traded that guy to Oakland before this year's draft.

Ok bud. Walker sucks, this move needed to be made. So what was the plan heading into the draft again? Tell me again why this team ended up with Maybin, Wood and Byrd instead of Oher and Everett Brown, etc.? Are you suggesting that the plan all along was to trade Peters, draft no left tackles, and hope Bell came into camp ready to take over? Come on. The fact is that the organization has no real plan, and hasn't from day one.

Maybe their thought was, we will have a higher draft choice next year, lets use that one for our LT.

I bet they tried to trade Walker first and cut Chambers because they knew no team would rush to sign him. After failing to get any offers for Walker, they cut him and then re-signed Chambers. Just an educated guess.

+1 - They did mention they tried to trade him first.

I am not exited by this, but not surprised either. There where multiple clues this may be coming. Jaron seriously praised Bell, and didn't back Walker, which isn't normal for him. Walker didn't exactly sound excited about playing LT, and had a few interviews were he went out of his way to express how much he was displeased by this. I think if he would have kept it in house, and/or pushed to stay a RT from the beginning things would have been different. Think he doomed himself with his lack of effort and motivation at LT, for someone with his paycheck.

Considering they traded away their last starter at that position for basically same reason, didn't really have much of a choice but to part ways.

I thought there would be a big cut like this...not really surprised, figured it would be Kelsay, Denney, or Walker. Hell, these guys are even dragging down my Madden squad with their cap figures...lmao...

I just wonder if we are going to bring any other guys besides Chambers in for some more depth...

its maddening that changes that needed to happen last December are happening 6 days before a huge opener at New England.... a team the Bills have not beaten in forever. The front office is clueless and Russ Brandon is a clown. Ralph Wilson is a bigger clown for giving RB the keys to the car (just because he got the idea for St John Fisher).

we wonder why this team hasnt made the playoffs in a decade.... The "organization" is a joke.

I'm thinking the same. The timing of these moves (Schonert, Walker) is absolutely befuddling. What did Schonert and Walker do to keep their jobs at the end of last season? Why do you get rid of them right before this season? I hope Bell is really ready and performs at a respectable level. I think he bench pressed 225 pounds 9 times at the Indy Combine. He looks like he has bulked up in the past year but he is a major question mark right now. What a mess!

We just cut the best RT on the roster. What a fugged up front office we have

Do you/we really know that? And even if he was by what order of magnitude would he have to be better than Butler/Scott to justify paying him 5 million dollars this season compared to whatever they'll make? Double? Triple? Quadruple?

Gotta be a pre-cursor to another move. We'd have an open roster spot, and no way the team would carry only 7 OLs.

Now lets all gather together and hope that we find this same report tomorrow, only with chris kelsay's name substituted in place of Walker.

lol. you have not been following the bills very long?

Do you/we really know that? And even if he was by what order of magnitude would he have to be better than Butler/Scott to justify paying him 5 million dollars this season compared to whatever they'll make? Double? Triple? Quadruple?

Not to mention how much energy and motivation Butler/Scott showed on field/practice, and how hard they worked to make the team. While Walker appeared to be going through the motions, didn't look to be giving his best efforts all the time, and was telling people how much he wanted to play LT. If want to do a rebuilding job and change the atmosphere, getting rid of the malcontents is a good start.

I seem to remember at the beginning of training camp, that Walker had a somewhat negative approach to becoming the teams LT. My guess is that there was a combination of him being a malcontent, poor performance on his part, salary issue and better than expected progression of Bell that led to his departure.

In regards to the timing, well, it does seem odd on the surface, but perhaps his continued poor play and attitude contributed to the late decision of releasing him.

As far as I'm concerned, Screw it! Play the young guys, give them experience, it's time for an overhaul anyway, as far as I'm concerned.