LB Alvin Bowen,

RB Bruce Hall,

DB Cary Harris,

WR C.J. Hawthorne,

OL Nick Hennessey,

WR Felton Huggins,

DT Corey Mace

TE Jonathan Stupar.

So much to-do over Stupar, Harris, and Bowen... you would think that folks forget that each year guys are alocated to the practice squad. Others that we would like to see cut do to underperformance are often still under contract.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to cut the veterans, but you try to keep their replacements in the wings for the time when the team can cut the dead weight without losing too much money.

Nothing to get excited about.

Guest dog14787
Glad to see Stupar on the list.

It is good to see his name on the list and maybe things will work out O.K. after all. I griped allot about Stupar not making the active roster, but we also have an obligation to give a 2nd year player a chance to shine, especially someone drafted in the higher rounds so I can understand that train of thought, but still with that being said,

Jonathan Stupar should be a starting TE for the Buffalo Bills.

:unsure:

After the preseason Copeland Bryant had, he is not around at all? Same ole', same ole' no pressure DE's make it? C'mon Dicky, it's time to move on...the vets have already peaked and maybe, just maybe, you have to bring in some new blood that's impressed while he played? At least sign him to the practice squad....oops, probably signed by another team already!

After the preseason Copeland Bryant had, he is not around at all? Same ole', same ole' no pressure DE's make it? C'mon Dicky, it's time to move on...the vets have already peaked and maybe, just maybe, you have to bring in some new blood that's impressed while he played? At least sign him to the practice squad....oops, probably signed by another team already!

Copeland Bryan isn't even eligible for the practice squad.

Glad to see Stupar on the list.

Do you really think it makes a difference if Stupar or Fine were on the active team? Do you really think either is a differnce maker in any manner? TE position productivity will only be as good as Nelson can make it. The rest of them are marginal NFL players. Nelson may never develop but at least he has NFL size and speed.

So much to-do over Stupar, Harris, and Bowen... you would think that folks forget that each year guys are alocated to the practice squad. Others that we would like to see cut do to underperformance are often still under contract.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to cut the veterans, but you try to keep their replacements in the wings for the time when the team can cut the dead weight without losing too much money.

Nothing to get excited about.

But they are all exposed to waivers where other clubs could sign them. I am surprised somebody did not pick Stupar up.

I am surprised somebody did not pick Stupar up.

I'm not.

I'll have to agree with NoDog. Just watched that Detroit game, and he did not play that well. A couple of drops on some easy catches, against scrubs no less. Not sure what all the fuss was about him. And yes, I have also seen all the other preseason games. Practice squad project seems about right for him.

It is good to see his name on the list and maybe things will work out O.K. after all. I griped allot about Stupar not making the active roster, but we also have an obligation to give a 2nd year player a chance to shine, especially someone drafted in the higher rounds so I can understand that train of thought, but still with that being said,

But they are all exposed to waivers where other clubs could sign them. I am surprised somebody did not pick Stupar up.

I'm not.

Do ya' think TIND that it's possible NFL front office people know a lot more about these things than we do? If Stupar is starting material then how could he have possibly made it through waivers? Astounding, just astounding.

Guest dog14787
Do ya' think TIND that it's possible NFL front office people know a lot more about these things than we do? If Stupar is starting material then how could he have possibly made it through waivers? Astounding, just astounding.

Its astounding how stupid some of the post and posters are getting. :thumbsup:

Did you ever think we might be the only NFL team stupid enough not to have a good starting TE?

Or that maybe good players never even get a chance in the NFL?

The Patriots wanted to take a look at Stupar before he was injured last season in patriot camp, I suppose you find that even more astounding.

Its astounding how stupid some of the post and posters are getting. :thumbsup:

Did you ever think we might be the only NFL team stupid enough not to have a good starting TE?

Or that maybe good players never even get a chance in the NFL?

The Patriots wanted to take a look at Stupar before he was injured last season in patriot camp, I suppose you find that even more astounding.

Ok, when I pointed out he's starting quality it didn't mean he would be picked up as a starter. Nobody picked him up for backup duty either. If he's starting material then he should definitely be backup material.

You could be right about 32 teams knowing less than you do about players but I think that's funny! :ph34r:

What's astounding about your comment on the Pets* liking him is that they didn't pick him up. Think about it.

Guest dog14787
Ok, when I pointed out he's starting quality it didn't mean he would be picked up as a starter. Nobody picked him up for backup duty either. If he's starting material then he should definitely be backup material.

You could be right about 32 teams knowing less than you do about players but I think that's funny! :thumbsup:

What's astounding about your comment on the Pets* liking him is that they didn't pick him up. Think about it.

He was injured and out for most of the season so they couldn't even evaluate him much less sign him, think about it.

So Jonathan Stupar is basically unheard of this season and just because we watched him do well through preseason do you honestly think many teams pay a whole lot of attention to anything Buffalo does or who we bring into camp , think about it.

He was injured and out for most of the season so they couldn't even evaluate him much less sign him, think about it.

So Jonathan Stupar is basically unheard of this season and just because we watched him do well through preseason do you honestly think many teams pay a whole lot of attention to anything Buffalo does or who we bring into camp , think about it.

Yes, but the Pets* and every other team pay attention to every player in training camps. They're not allowed to attend other teams training camps but they watch game film. Every team has a scout or scout's dedicated to evaluating every player in every camp.

They have scouts during the regular season watching other teams players too. They are prepared for any eventuality.