Bills to rent Rhodes, predicts Ross Tucker

Charles Romes

Did the Bills do this a couple years ago with a veteran DB? Vincent maybe?

they did not. Vincent was placed on IR shortly into the season and then sought his release once healthy in order to sign with another team, which became the redskins. and when he sought his release from the Bills, Vincent made it clear he was not interested in coming back to Buffalo, even though he liked playing here.

jw

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, he'd be useless for any other team, having missed all of their off-season, training camp, and pre-season.

He's a running back and a veteran one at that. Any other position I'd agree but not a veteran RB. Regardless, no team would bring him in as anything more than a third at this point. Give what I've seen this preseason I'd seriously doubt any team wants him.

If that's true then it's a good move.

However, if Rhodes is truly an integral part of their plans, then it is quite a risk to assume he'll clear waivers. It would seem there might be a number of teams that would like to have a veteran of his caliber on their roster. Guess we'll just see what happens.

Wow, what an investigative reporter! Looking into the behind the scenes of cutting a

3rd string running back! Woodward and Bernstein, look out!! :unsure:

This has been a tough week having to with posters like you, and it's made me far too cranky to deal with having to respond to this mindless banal, and plane disrespect from you and at least two other posters, jwssswhoever and Spartacus.

As a result, I'm planning to take some time off this board to cool down and reconsider. I've got a busy week ahead of me, and there's no point respond to this baloney.

As much as I could try to ignore it, it just rubs me the wrong way.

To all those with whom I've shared many good and informed exchanges with, thank you all. It's been a pleasure.

I hope to be back at some point, but at this point it all seems too trying to deal with.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

This has been a tough week having to with posters like you, and it's made me far too cranky to deal with having to respond to this mindless banal, and plane disrespect from you and at least two other posters, jwssswhoever and Spartacus.

As a result, I'm planning to take some time off this board to cool down and reconsider. I've got a busy week ahead of me, and there's no point respond to this baloney.

To all those with whom I've shared many good and informed exchanges with, thank you all. It's been a pleasure.

I hope to be back at some point, but at this point it all seems too trying to deal with.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

John,

I and many others (the vast majority) of this board greatly appreciate your contributions. Please do not let a few knuckle heads dissuade you from participating in TBD discussions.

However, if Rhodes is truly an integral part of their plans, then it is quite a risk to assume he'll clear waivers. It would seem there might be a number of teams that would like to have a veteran of his caliber on their roster. Guess we'll just see what happens.

Teams already passed on him once at that money. I doubt anyone is all that interested now.

fwiw, both jwwssswhatever and Asszaloha are trolls whom are going to be handed their hats very soon.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

they did not. Vincent was placed on IR shortly into the season and then sought his release once healthy in order to sign with another team, which became the redskins. and when he sought his release from the Bills, Vincent made it clear he was not interested in coming back to Buffalo, even though he liked playing here.

jw

:unsure:

Ross Tucker opined this morning on NFL radio that the Rhodes is still part of the Bills' plans for weeks 1-3 but that was cut in view of a league rule which forces teams to pay veterans for a full year if they are on the original 53 man roster. He believes the Bills calculated that Rhodes will clear waivers and speculated that the Bills will re-sign him over the next few days. By cutting and re-signing Rhodes, rather than having him as part of the original 53 man team, the Bills will be obligated to pay Rhodes for only the weeks he is on the team rather than the full year.

So let me get this straight. Rhodes won't get signed by any other team right through the end of week one. Then, he'll sign a two game contract with the Bills, play those two games, and then he'll leave again when Lynch comes back.

If that's as much respect as Dominick Rhodes has left in the league, he should retire and take Ross Tucker's place on NFL Radio. :unsure:

I will make the bold prediction right now, Rhodes won't be available for this grand money saving scheme to work after week one.

John,

I and many others (the vast majority) of this board greatly appreciate your contributions. Please do not let a few knuckle heads dissuade you from participating in TBD discussions.

fwiw, both jwwssswhatever and Asszaloha are trolls whom are going to be handed their hats very soon.

:unsure:MAJOR 2

Agreed on all counts.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

Complete disrespect - I frequent this board daily and without your contributions it would be a shame. Hopefully a select few knuckleheads dont ruin your participation for the rest of us.

jw

Maybe he's thinking about Nall.

When Kevin Jones went down with an injury, the Bears immediately became a player in the backup RB market. With the limited number of backup RB options in Free agency, I think the Bills ( and maybe they did, we'll never know) could have attempted to get some sort of compensation for Rhodes, even if it was only a conditional 7th like they got from the Lions for Olandis Gary in 2003.

By releasing him, I think there is a possibility that they try to get him back at a non-guaranteed rate. JW is right though. For a guy like Rhodes, being cut by a team like the Bills is a slap in the face enough. I bet if he has any other option, he will look into it.

I really don't understand his appeal to being here anyway. You would think he would want to be in a committe situation where he could be productive, and get a better contract next year. But, in Buffalo, he will be lucky to get 7-10 touches the first three weeks, and will be a non-factor every week after that ML and FJ are both healthy.

You would think a team like Jacksonville, Chicago, St. Louis or even Cincy would be interested in his services.

So let me get this straight. Rhodes won't get signed by any other team right through the end of week one. Then, he'll sign a two game contract with the Bills, play those two games, and then he'll leave again when Lynch comes back.

If that's as much respect as Dominick Rhodes has left in the league, he should retire and take Ross Tucker's place on NFL Radio. :thumbsup:

I will make the bold prediction right now, Rhodes won't be available for this grand money saving scheme to work after week one.

My thinking exactly. The first team with an injury at RB will sign Rhodes.