Jonathan Stupar

JPicc2114

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the coaches based their evaluations on what they saw for the last 3 months instead of meaningless preseason games and production against what was largely a bunch of guys who'll never play in the NFL.

But I'm all about the mob mentality so it's probably because they're really stupid and we're really smart.

Do you mean the walk throughs in shorts and T-shirts? Your opinion may hold water if the Bills could evaluate talent...

Agreed... Demetrius Bell, Fred Jackson, and Steve Johnson all suck.

You mean the Fred Jackson who needed A Thomas to keel over to see the field and the Stevie Johnson who's still buried deep in the depth chart?

Yeah I feel confident about those talent evaluators.

The panties are wound because Bills' TE position has been the Sahara for a decade. Then when you look at his production against scrubs, you realize that Schouman nor Fine never had this kind of production against scrubs, Fine can't stay healthy and Schouman is the 21st century incarnation of the forgettable duo of Coons & Cline, then it becomes more puzzling.

It's no big deal that Stupar goes on the PS. The bigger deal is that the coaching staff continues to put players on the field who don't contribute.

99% of the Bills' decision on Stupar was based on evaluation of the coach's practice tapes, NOT what he did on the field against 3rd stringers in pre-season games. Granted, he looked good at times but is anyone confusing him with John Mackey?

Hope we sign him to the practice squad, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Guest dog14787
99% of the Bills' decision on Stupar was based on evaluation of the coach's practice tapes, NOT what he did on the field against 3rd stringers in pre-season games. Granted, he looked good at times but is anyone confusing him with John Mackey?

Hope we sign him to the practice squad, though.

GO BILLS!!!

I swear you guys just make some of this stuff up as you go sometimes. If you are 2nd or 3rd string then you also play 2nd and 3rd string in practice.

99% evaluation from practices and 1% from actual game conditions, Brilliant

Guest dog14787
If it makes anyone feel better, I've got the closest inside information possible that the Bills have informed Jonathan that they will sign him to the practice squad (as long as another team doesn't add him to their 53, of course).

Maybe you can tell him from all of us that support him in our minds he did enough to make the active roster and he's got a bright future in the NFL.

We can only hope by some miracle he stays with us and is taken off the practice squad in the near future.

There was no way Schouman was getting cut, as its been widely publicized that he is the TE that TE is the most comfortable with at this point. Fine is still young, and would have been picked up by someone else if cut. Nelson is obvious. Stupar will more than likely end up on the practice squad. Voila, we didn't even have to choose, because we still have all four (most likely.)

Typical Bills move, cut the one and only bright thing we had during the pre season. Did the guy play against first stringers? No, but let me ask how many catches did our first string TE's have during the pre season? Stoop caught nearly every ball thrown to him and was able to get open. I wanted this guy starting.

Typical Bills move, cut the one and only bright thing we had during the pre season. Did the guy play against first stringers? No, but let me ask how many catches did our first string TE's have during the pre season? Stoop caught nearly every ball thrown to him and was able to get open. I wanted this guy starting.

We'll see how much other teams think of him, if he's picked-up by someone else. If he ends-up on the Bills' PS...

Do you mean the walk throughs in shorts and T-shirts? Your opinion may hold water if the Bills could evaluate talent...

The BILLS don't have a talent problem. Any decent NFL staff could contend with the current roster. It's too bad Ralph is too cheap to pay for coaches and we end up with the Mularkey's, Williams', and Jauron's of the world.

I don't know if the guy can play in the NFL and neither do any of you. I do know that every season there is someone cut who was a preseason probowler and I don't recall a single one of them going on to do crap in the NFL.

Now back to the pitchforks...

The BILLS don't have a talent problem. Any decent NFL staff could contend with the current roster. It's too bad Ralph is too cheap to pay for coaches and we end up with the Mularkey's, Williams', and Jauron's of the world.

I don't know if the guy can play in the NFL and neither do any of you. I do know that every season there is someone cut who was a preseason probowler and I don't recall a single one of them going on to do crap in the NFL.

generally agree altho our O line needs time to gel and our D front 7 is 2 good players(hopefully just a year) away.

What's Sam Aiken doin' these days?