Anyone notice how much better WGR is without Schopp??

zevo

I normally don't care so much about this stuff and don't have the chance to listen to these guys much anyway seeing that i'm on the left coast, but, honestly, what qualifies Schopp as being "smart" anyway?

There's the MENSA claim, but he went to St. John Fischer for Journalism (or the like) for cripes sake. I mean, i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but at least i did engineering at UB. I could probably breeze through journalism at SJF without attending half of the classes.

What else? He plays scrabble, enjoys tennis, and tries to speak using proper grammar on the radio. Yay, good for him. What's next? I'm going to find out that he is on his way to solving the Riemann Hypothesis because he likes polo?

Spare me.

Just a random vent...nothing to see here ;)

It's not even hard to get into MENSA. Last time I looked a 1200 on the SAT would qualify you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem like one or the other has been either on vacation or "sick" for months. They are definitely trying to reduce staff and forcing them to take unpaid time off. I love the way Schopp pretends that he cares about the credibility of the show, but when the Bills were 4-0 last year and knowledgeable callers were pointing out the falacy of them being good (played one team missing 3 offensive lineman and two with coached about to be fired), he mocked and derided each caller, because he wanted to have "positive" shows. Now all he does is crap on the Bills and Sabres, while telling us how he doesn't even like the sports. Is it too much to ask for guys who love sports and our teams????

I think, but don' quote me on this, that they're burning vacation before the fall book starts (the book may have started already - I've been away from that game for a long time now). Once the ratings period begins, there are no vacations.

I was thinking last week that GR is much more listenable in the afternoon without one of Schopp or the Bulldog. I usually will not turn on WGR, but I wanted to hear a sports update and left it on through the break while I took a call on my cell. Schopp alone was not that bad (how's that for faint praise), and I thought the same of the Bulldog yesterday. Honestly, though, both are still tough to listen to. Schopp is an arrogant jerk, and while part of it may be an act, I have bumped into him once or twice and found him to be consdescending (which is funny coming from a guy whose contribution to society is yakking on the radio about diversionary things that are nearly inconsequential in the grand scheme of life). Bulldog, on the other hand, is a real salt of the earth guy, but I have found him tough to listen to on a professional level after someone far more astute than I pointed out all of the "ahhhs" "umms" "ugghs" "yeeeaaahs" in his presentation.

Greg Bauch is a funny dude, though, and a good guy.

IMO, reading the majority of your posts is pretty comparable to listening the condescending crap that Schopp makes a living off of. So I could've guessed that you would be a fan of his. Just sayin'. ;)

Well, I'd hate to burst your bubble, but your ninja intuition isn't quite as up to par as you think. I was being sarcastic. You must not have been around for this:

Schopp

Nothing fires up this board like a good Mike Schopp discussion. Are we in for 25 more pages? Count me on the side that enjoy him. So what if he rips on callers, thats his schtik and you know what is coming if you call. Call in and ramble on incoherently without a point and thats what happens. He's usually right anyway. I love the Bills and Sabres like my own children, but it's not easy to be a fan these days.

Nothing fires up this board like a good Mike Schopp discussion. Are we in for 25 more pages? Count me on the side that enjoy him. So what if he rips on callers, thats his schtik and you know what is coming if you call. Call in and ramble on incoherently without a point and thats what happens. He's usually right anyway. I love the Bills and Sabres like my own children, but it's not easy to be a fan these days.

I was just thinking, it's been at LEAST two weeks since the last Schopp-bashing thread.

The Bills' sorry performances aside, I kind of enjoyed that fortnight ...