No Huddle?

How funny is it going to be when the Bills dont run the no huddle this season?

I just dont see them doing it all the time in every game. We shall see. If they do then we are truly the most gimmicky lowest of the low. And whatever we accomplish wont be worth anything longterm, like Miami succes with the 'wildcat' last year.

I just dont see them doing it all the time in every game. We shall see. If they do then we are truly the most gimmicky lowest of the low. And whatever we accomplish wont be worth anything longterm, like Miami succes with the 'wildcat' last year.

I'll take Miami's success last year.

Who says it won't be long term if it is successful? AND what exactly is "lowest of the low" about it?!

The no-huddle has been a "gimmick" that has been run (yielding both success and failure) since is inception by the Sam Wyche and the Bengals in 1988.

"Currently the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning ,New England Patriots with Tom Brady, Cincinnati Bengals with Carson Palmer, and more recently, Atlanta Falcons with Matt Ryan employ their own variations of this approach."

Offensive and Defensive strategies are constantly being reused and recycled (see the recent re-emergence of the 3-4 as a more popular scheme.)

Funny how?

Who says it won't be long term if it is successful? AND what exactly is "lowest of the low" about it?!

The no-huddle has been a "gimmick" that has been run (yielding both success and failure) since is inception by the Sam Wyche and the Bengals in 1988.

"Currently the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning ,New England Patriots with Tom Brady, Cincinnati Bengals with Carson Palmer, and more recently, Atlanta Falcons with Matt Ryan employ their own variations of this approach."

Offensive and Defensive strategies are constantly being reused and recycled (see the recent re-emergence of the 3-4 as a more popular scheme.)

Agree totally. There is very little that's new under the NFL sun. Just different variations of the same old schemes.

It is now, just as it's ALWAYS been, a player's league.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree totally. There is very little that's new under the NFL sun. Just different variations of the same old schemes.

It is now, just as it's ALWAYS been, a player's league.

Or (more accurately) a league of adjustments.

Once teams pick up a "gimmicky trend" (no-huddle, wildcat, etc.), other teams begin to eventually deploy defenses to slow them down or even stop them. You'll see the wildcat for a few years, but it'll eventually go away when defenses begin to stop the teams running them. Offenses will then adjust and find different ways to beat a defense that will stop the wildcat, then the defenses adjust to that adjustment.

These things go in cycles. It's been a while since we've seen someone effectively run a no-huddle all game long, but I'd bet we'll see someone "perfect" it soon.

Or (more accurately) a league of adjustments.

Once teams pick up a "gimmicky trend" (no-huddle, wildcat, etc.), other teams begin to eventually deploy defenses to slow them down or even stop them. You'll see the wildcat for a few years, but it'll eventually go away when defenses begin to stop the teams running them. Offenses will then adjust and find different ways to beat a defense that will stop the wildcat, then the defenses adjust to that adjustment.

These things go in cycles. It's been a while since we've seen someone effectively run a no-huddle all game long, but I'd bet we'll see someone "perfect" it soon.

Actually, Peyton Manning and the Colts have run A LOT efficient of no huddle over the past 4-5 years.

very true - I just hope they pick-up the pace.

I don't think it's a gimmick per se. Just a way to compensate for other flaws and hopefully give them a slight advantage. I think they will still use alot of the play clock like the Colts do, but come to the line and keep the defensive personel from changing.

Two reasons we WILL be running the "No Huddle" offense a majority of the time:

1. It tires out the defense quicker with less opportunity of substitutions.

2. It will help our OL because alot of times the defense won't be completely set when we snap the ball.

It is a gimmick i am sorry. And you do not build longterm success on gimmicks. Lets see how Miami does this year. Defensive cords are to smart and players are to fast, it wont work long term. And as far as the whole wearing down the other teams D, you also wear down your Oline a lot faster and potential can wear down your own D. I do not mind it sprinkled in here or there. Maybe as a change of pace when things have not been working in a conventional set. Or in a 'go for the jugguler' form(used a lot during Kellys days). But all the time, no way. I also dont think Dickie and th eboys are tipping their hand like this. I am not surprised if in the NE game we see way more huddle then no huddle.

I don't care if they run it once all year. If practicing the no huddle all training camp accomplishes one thing, and that one thing is to insure the coaching staff gets the play call in to Edwards so that we don't foolishly waste timeouts, then the whole exercise was worthwhile.

It is not a gimmick, the Bills want to utilize the no huddle in an effort to keep Trent from getting killed later in the game should they want to attempt some passing.

The Bills coaches are hoping the opposing defense will be so tired that they don't rush as hard and the no huddle run properly should limit defensive substitutions.

From what I've seen 2 things concern me, 1st: The Bills need to HURRY to the LoS and not just mosey up to it because opposing teams will HURRY substitutions on after a play. I've noticed that the Bills are very slow at getting lined up this defeats what the 'no huddle" offense is trying to accomplish.

2nd: The Bills players conditioning, it appears to me that the Bills have not been in proper condition since Rusty Jones left the team. The Bills used to be able to go down to Miami in September, with the temp and humidity in the high 90's and outperform the Dolphins. Perhaps the Dolphins are in better condition now under their new coach. But I've noticed that the Bills seem to be the players who are gasping for air now and not the other teams players.

Running the no huddle requires your players to be in top condition, so that they don't wear out before the other team does.