Tension in the air

Magox

I'm glad. There seems to be some tension in the air between Edwards and Jauron. Both of them this week have made uncharacteristic comments regarding some sort of discontent for one another after the Packers game. Edwards subtly hinted that the coaching staff hasn't been preparing properly against 3-4 defenses and Jauron basically said that Edwards has been a Puss.

I'd rather have this happen now than during the season, and it is time that they both make each other feel not so comfortable with where they are and that they hold each other and themselves accountable for their actions.

I take this as a positive.

I'm glad. There seems to be some tension in the air between Edwards and Jauron. Both of them this week have made uncharacteristic comments regarding some sort of discontent for one another after the Packers game. Edwards subtly hinted that the coaching staff hasn't been preparing properly against 3-4 defenses and Jauron basically said that Edwards has been a Puss.

I'd rather have this happen now than during the season, and it is time that they both make each other feel not so comfortable with where they are and that they hold each other and themselves accountable for their actions.

That would be great if Jauron ever showed any inkling of a willingness to change. Not holding my breath.

As much as i wanted to get worried about it I couldn't agree more, Magox. Lets see the fires burn a little bit more from these players and coaches.

I have to say i have Trents back on this, Jauron sucks as a coach, the offensive coaches have no clue how to counter a 3-4 defense, and until they let Trent call his own plays at the line i think it will continue. I dont feel Trent is a puss either i just think he was keeping his cool and not calling out his coaches, but after 3 years he realizes, he has no help. So for him to get fired up and call out his coach i think he is assuming more of a leadership role on this team which is great. He got T.O. here, now get Dick out!

I have to say i have Trents back on this, Jauron sucks as a coach, the offensive coaches have no clue how to counter a 3-4 defense, and until they let Trent call his own plays at the line i think it will continue. I dont feel Trent is a puss either i just think he was keeping his cool and not calling out his coaches, but after 3 years he realizes, he has no help. So for him to get fired up and call out his coach i think he is assuming more of a leadership role on this team which is great. He got T.O. here, now get Dick out!

Letting Trent call his own plays at the line won't help either. When Kelly called his own plays he was prepared during the week by the coaches. He knew what he was going to see. He practiced against the defense he would be seeing. The coaches prepared him mentally with a game plan that would be effective. I don't see Edwards getting the same type of preperation from this lousy staff. So we would just have an unprepared quarterback calling his own plays.

See now I'd have to take the 180-degree opposite view -

1) The idea that Edwards "called out" his coach - or that he will "get Dick out" - is ludicrous! Trentative was and is one of Dick Jauron's most reliable ball-washers and brown-nosers, never missing an opportunity to publicly profess his undying love of Dick during that brief time when Jauron's future here was anything but certain;

2) The notion that Trentative is the guy responsible for T.O. being here is equally ridiculous - he may have offered his opinion, but I can assure you his opinion was irrelevant. It was a mainly a marketing move by Brandon, with a potentially tremendous upside for Edwards and the Bills passing game - providing Edwards becomes a good enough QB to take advantage of all the receiving talent the Bills' front office has handed him;

3) Trentie "not a puss"???? To me, he sounds more like Sunday nite's Miss Universe contestants than an NFL QB, but you be the judge...

Nickname: Trenters

I would describe myself as a person as: Unselfish

The reason I love football is: The complexity

For me to improve as a person, I need to: Be consistently motivated

My favorite pre-game ritutal is: Reading Biblical verses with my roommate Matt Traverso

The reason I chose Stanford is: The reputation of success

Since coming to Stanford, I have learned: There are a lot of overachievers in the world

The best thing about Stanford is: The campus and weather

(I guess it would it have killed him to answer "California girls")

Favorite TV Shows: SportsCenter, Daily Planet, Bobby's World

Bobby's World?

Favorite Actresses: Dakota Fanning, Piper Perabo

Dakota Fanning? Dakota Fanning?????

Ummm.....yeah.....no.

Maybe it is the coaching - I guess that would be preferable in that it would mean we didn't waste another 3-4 years developing a QB that is at best a career back-up - but more likely it's a combination of less than stellar coaching along with a wuss of a QB.

JMO.

(link)

;)

Funny stuff, but I have actual footage of DJ giving Trentative the beat-down he deserves....

Los Gatos Boy's gonna think twice before 'calling out' DJ again :)

Sadly Senator -- I see a strong resemblance to Trent in the rag doll school girl :sick:

We have been through this 3 times now in the last decade....first two Southern this one Northern. How bout no more !@#$ing QB's from !@#$ing California..... Just say no.... Get us a rough and tumble Western Pennsylvania kid.

Sadly Senator -- I see a strong resemblance to Trent in the rag doll school girl :)

We have been through this 3 times now in the last decade....first two Southern this one Northern. How bout no more !@#$ing QB's from !@#$ing California..... Just say no.... Get us a rough and tumble Western Pennsylvania kid.

I'm with you on the 'no more CA', but I've got to keep an eye on a certain kid from Abilene, TX...

Taylor Potts

The fourth-year junior might be the best quarterback Mike Leach has ever had. Let that sink in.

QB factory cranks out another one

6'5", 218 lbs., throws the ball 80 yards thru the air - it'll be fun to see how he does under the tutelage of that offensive genius, the mastermind...

Mike Leach