T.O. to miss 2nd straight preseason game

smuvtalker

TO is in great shape but man the turf toe is one of those lingering injuries. It rarely just goes away. Luckily it's almost a month until the season starts. Regrettably, he has little chemistry with Trent yet so these weeks off are terrible.

You mean because the two passes we saw between them were both right on the money in stride for first downs on the only drive they played together?

You mean because the two passes we saw between them were both right on the money in stride for first downs on the only drive they played together?

Are you kidding? 2 passes and I'm supposed to feel confident that they don't need all the practice they can get together?

This isn't Marino-Duper, Kelly-Reed, Manning-Harrison, or Aikman-Irvin. These two have played zero games together and not playing together for 3 weeks before the season starts won't help. Don't get me wrong: TO is so talented that it won't kill them--but they need to be really good. This is not a very good team. They need all the edge they can get.

I'm sure TO let the Bills know soon after arriving in camp (if not sooner) that he would not be playing much in the preseason. If the season started this Sunday, he would be playing with no evidence of injury.

The "turf toe" or whatever the Bills want to call it is a cover to keep the more neurotic fans from freaking out at this arrangement.

Not worried. In a rare slip of real news, Jauron let it be known T.O. will return to practice next week. That likely wouldn't happen with 'turf toe'. He said it's (toe) sprained.

I don't care if he doesn't play another pre-season game. That's not why we got him. FWIW, the play he got hurt on -his first catch I believe, the Titan/Oiler defender was WAY too aggressive coming in late and trying to smear Owens all over the field. Pretty sure that's where the injury happened. Keep that guys # in the back of you heads for the regular season re-match..

Not worried. In a rare slip of real news, Jauron let it be known T.O. will return to practice next week. That likely wouldn't happen with 'turf toe'. He said it's (toe) sprained.

I don't care if he doesn't play another pre-season game. That's not why we got him. FWIW, the play he got hurt on -his first catch I believe, the Titan/Oiler defender was WAY too aggressive coming in late and trying to smear Owens all over the field. Pretty sure that's where the injury happened. Keep that guys # in the back of you heads for the regular season re-match..

That was Finnegan. No doubt TO will seeing much more of him Nov. 15.

Maybe TO should wear a red pinny when he plays his next preseason game.

Are you kidding? 2 passes and I'm supposed to feel confident that they don't need all the practice they can get together?

This isn't Marino-Duper, Kelly-Reed, Manning-Harrison, or Aikman-Irvin. These two have played zero games together and not playing together for 3 weeks before the season starts won't help. Don't get me wrong: TO is so talented that it won't kill them--but they need to be really good. This is not a very good team. They need all the edge they can get.

I'm not completely discounting your statement, but these two (TE-TO) did work together all through the voluntary OTAs, spent extra sessions working on timing and routes, and then again in training camp until the toe injury. I don't think the "chemistry" issue is something to be worried about.

Do you think those were the only 2 times that Edwards has thrown to Owens all spring and summer?

We should just remove it and make sure there is no future problems.

I'm sorry was the question about a toe or TO?

Forgive me for not providing the link, but on ESPN.com's main page they posted that he will miss his 2nd straight preseason game...

I know it's only preseason, and I seriously doubt that it's too much of a concern, being as though nooone can question T.O.'s work ethic, but don't you all think that the preseason, live action is necessary for him to continue to develop a chemistry with Edwards? Could it be something more serious than they are letting us know? I sure hope not.

Thoughts?

T.O. hs seen enough to know he jumped the gun signing to quickly with the Bills. He is in T.O. preservation mode and will play 1/2 heartedly this year, then focus his energies on T.V. or whatever else his celebrity will bring him.

i don't think he's ever in his career played halfheartedly. Can you name a single instance of him doing this over his 13 year career? He is no Randy Moss. His issues have nothing to do with effort.

Forgive me for not providing the link, but on ESPN.com's main page they posted that he will miss his 2nd straight preseason game...

I know it's only preseason, and I seriously doubt that it's too much of a concern, being as though nooone can question T.O.'s work ethic, but don't you all think that the preseason, live action is necessary for him to continue to develop a chemistry with Edwards? Could it be something more serious than they are letting us know? I sure hope not.

Thoughts?

Not worried in the least we need to find who the other receivers are going to be the rest of the preseason maybe give TO one drive the next to last pre season game.