Raiders Head Coach Assaults Assistant

It gets better: at practice today, while the team was stretching, they chanted "Cable bumaye!" (Taken from the Ali-Foreman fight in Zaire. Bumaye apparently translates as "kill him." This per Jerry McDonald, who covers the team for the Bay Area News Group, a newspaper chain out there.)

I love that the Raiders are such a joke. My buddy is a huge Raider fan and was giving me crap about T.O. being a cancer and about Lynch, Whitner and Ko. This makes up for all of it. Cable may actually face jailtime. Apparently, it is automatically felony assault if the victim winds up with a broken jaw.

This whole story has made my day.

Thing is, I watched the Raiders preseason game. They worked the Cowboys, 1s on 1s, 2s on 2s, 3s on 3s. If that's how they are after a dominating win, I'd hate to see those guys after a humiliating loss.

Check that, I'd love to see that. :lol:

It gets better: at practice today, while the team was stretching, they chanted "Cable bumaye!" (Taken from the Ali-Foreman fight in Zaire. Bumaye apparently translates as "kill him." This per Jerry McDonald, who covers the team for the Bay Area News Group, a newspaper chain out there.)

The team? Man that guys lost those players already. :lol:

Anyone recall the altercation on Marv's staff, Marv downplayed it to the media but it was still pretty big news.

One coach punched out another coach in a meeting room, can't recall the names. Might have been Chuck Dickerson who was later fired by Marv for his remarks about the Redskins O line before the super bowl, which prompted them to post it on their wall in the locker room and gave them the edge to play better. Their big and ugly and they stink?

Anyone recall the altercation on Marv's staff, Marv downplayed it to the media but it was still pretty big news.

One coach punched out another coach in a meeting room, can't recall the names. Might have been Chuck Dickerson who was later fired by Marv for his remarks about the Redskins O line before the super bowl, which prompted them to post it on their wall in the locker room and gave them the edge to play better. Their big and ugly and they stink?

Like it was yesterday.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-8144159.html

http://scottpitoniak.blogspot.com/

Steve Tasker's book talks about it. It was pretty damn funny! :rolleyes:

Coaches fight all the time. Usually not publicized but it also doesn't usually end up with broken bones . There was one famous Bills coach fight in 1989. The Bickering Bills era. Could only imagine this place if there had been an internet in 1989. Anyhow, I forget the names at the moment but one coach put another coaches head through a wall. The one coach who went through the wall showed up at the meeting that day with his head bandaged. I'm all for it. Someone should pop Jauron every once in awhile and wake him up.

"October 25, 1989- Buffalo Bills assistant coaches Nick Nicolau and Tom Bresnahan got into a fight Monday while reviewing videotape from Sunday's victory over the New York Jets, leaving Bresnahan with facial and head injuries, according to a report in the Buffalo News.

Nicolau, the wide receivers coach, reportedly knocked Bresnahan to the floor with an uppercut to the chin in a meeting room of the Bills' administrative building at Rich Stadium.

Bresnahan, the team's offensive line coach, received a cut that required stiches.

Sources said Nicolau then placed Bresnahan in a headlock and rammed his head through a wall"

You know you have a good team when you win and the coaches scrap.