McKelvin reaction after INT

Following McKelvins first INT, he was chest beating, strutting, and posturing towards the sidelines like he just made the play of the year that preserved the superbowl victory. I'm thinking, "Jesus, you did your job. Swell. Good for you. Act like you've been there before. Now go sit down".

Am I just an old stick in the mud, or do you think his reaction is a little over the top? I mean, c'mon, it's a friggin preseason game already. Get over yourself McLovin'.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following McKelvins first INT, he was chest beating, strutting, and posturing towards the sidelines like he just made the play of the year that preserved the superbowl victory. I'm thinking, "Jesus, you did your job. Swell. Good for you. Act like you've been there before. Now go sit down".

Am I just an old stick in the mud, or do you think his reaction is a little over the top? I mean, c'mon, it's a friggin preseason game already. Get over yourself McLovin'.

Normally it would irk me too...but for a team that just hasn't been exciting for a decade, it's almost refreshing to see somebody show some overt swagger (even if it's over the top).

Swagger=good.

I'm not so sure about that. In every sense of the phrase. The TO of old (and, probably, of the Bills) irritates the living crap out of me. But I'm glad he's on the team for the moment.

No one, however, exemplifies "Class" these days like Lee Evans. Catches the ball, hits the end zone, drops the ball (or hands it to the official).

I like that. I guess I don't like swagger. I like points and wins. Don't need the Sharpies.

I'm not so sure about that. In every sense of the phrase. The TO of old (and, probably, of the Bills) irritates the living crap out of me. But I'm glad he's on the team for the moment.

No one, however, exemplifies "Class" these days like Lee Evans. Catches the ball, hits the end zone, drops the ball (or hands it to the official).

I like that. I guess I don't like swagger. I like points and wins. Don't need the Sharpies.

There's a difference between getting excited and overreacting and having a predetermined stunt like TO's sharpie or Joe Horn's cell phone. There's no place in the game for that, but when it comes to shouting, dancing, spiking the ball...I like it.

Have to agree - a bit much. He can learn from Lee Evans - classy.

I have no problem with a player celebrating after a big play. However, McKelvin's antics are far over the top, IMO, and he's making a fool of himself. I never really got behind the saying "act like you've been there before", but he went so crazy that it looked like that was the first interception in his life. If you aren't a Bills fan, you'd think, hasn't he made an interception before?

I actually like all the player celebrating. I like Chad Johnson, I like T.O.'s, I'm very pro celebrating. I think it makes the game fun and energizes the crowd. But McKelvin really looks like a fool. It was a fuggin preseason game for chrissakes.

Leodis should celebrate less and focus on the fudamentals --like when a WR catches a ball in front of you and falls to the ground, in the NFL it is legal for him to then get up and start running again.

Touch the man as he lays on the ground, Leodis. Then you may start your glorious celebration.

McKelvin's first name is Hayzoos? :censored: If the Bills were losing by 3 TDs it might irk me. I see your point, but it did not bother me.

He did it facing his own players on the sidelines. Just excitement from a young player, helping to pump up his teammates.

Had he done it in front of the other team (taunting) or at midfield for the crowd (showing off) I would agree with you.

Thats just the Bills fans that kill me. A guy gets excited after a play and the fans thinks hes full of himself. Finally a Bills player that is showing some kind of excitement. It is football they are playing. Now i know what the front office was saying about getting more playmakers. Mckelvin is going to add some kind of excitement! X factor baby!! Bills are getting rid of all the players the are boring! yup the ones that dont get hyped and play like crap the last few years.

This sort of reminds me of the Bills SuperBowl teams we had, you know those games where they would have an up close camera shot of Jim Kelly, and he looked so nervous that he was about to vomit and sh-- himself. Then they would switch to the next camera shot of Michael Irvin and Deon Sanders laughing and goofing off, getting all pumped up.

I have no problem with a player celebrating after a big play. However, McKelvin's antics are far over the top, IMO, and he's making a fool of himself. I never really got behind the saying "act like you've been there before", but he went so crazy that it looked like that was the first interception in his life. If you aren't a Bills fan, you'd think, hasn't he made an interception before?

I actually like all the player celebrating. I like Chad Johnson, I like T.O.'s, I'm very pro celebrating. I think it makes the game fun and energizes the crowd. But McKelvin really looks like a fool. It was a fuggin preseason game for chrissakes.

Agreed especially since this was a meaningless game. No need for the antics ... when it gets us into the playoffs then go crazy.

Agreed especially since this was a meaningless game. No need for the antics ... when it gets us into the playoffs then go crazy.

When it gets us to the playoffs? We need to do those things to get to the playoffs. 9 yrs. and counting. McKelvin has been here one year and knows things must change. A sense of urgency son!

Excitement from a young, up and coming player :lol: C'mon guys, is this really a "problem"? I hope all of our guys start showing some emotion this year, especially on defense. We've had a team that just went through the motions for years now. Bruce and that defense used to get hype and show their emotion on the field all the time. I, personally, like when guys are hyped up and showing a little swag.

Pure excitement isn't rehearsed. Jumping up and down, doing a backflip even, that can be looked at as pure excitement. What Leodis did bordered on spontaneous, so I won't judge him TOO harshly, although the sheer length of the chest beating and jawing caught my attention, that's for sure. If I were Jauron, I'd give him a teeny weeny talking to about it, and move on.

Celebrating is when a big play matters, one that makes a difference. generally, they would occur late in the 4th quarter, I liked Thurman Thomas. Yeah, he could spike the ball from time to time, but how many times did he simply flip the ball to the ref after scoring? A ton.

Frankly, while obviously admiring the talent and play of Bruce Smith for years, I always hated his sack strut, dance or baseball swing, unless it was again late in the game and a difference maker.

Nothing worse than a tool going nuts when his team is getting hammered, yet it happens all the time. Something has been lost as the generations roll by. It's called "class".

Same thing when anyone makes a play. They have to try to get noticed. It has been going on for a few years and I think it sucks but it's not going to change.