OK....now can we please get Aaron Maybin into camp

:censored::o:wallbash::w00t::blink:

Do you think they stop practicing because they leave St John Fisher?

His contract will be exactly what it should be given the draft position.

Yeah, no sh-- they keep practicing. The point being he missed all of the installation of the playbook and all the emphasis on technique, etc. He'll never catch up to make himself useful on the field this year. And yes he'll get paid, but IMHO the FO should use his missed time against him in negotiations. He'll get a 5 year deal, and he'll be stealing at least 20%.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no sh-- they keep practicing. The point being he missed all of the installation of the playbook and all the emphasis on technique, etc. He'll never catch up to make himself useful on the field this year.

And this all magically changes on Wednesday?

you have no idea if maybin is holding out or just waiting for an offer. if the bills don't want to sign high draft picks, they should trade down

So all of this is becuase the Bills have not made an offer yet .... please

If the Bills did not want to sign a high pick why have they done so before? They could also have traded down.

Bet they don't

Hmmm.....who was out there playing DE Saturday? Sure wasn't Maybin. Who will be out there next weekend? Not Maybin. Sounds like someone is moving on.

Whether he shows or not, he'll have a lot of catching up to do, because he missed all of training camp (it ends Wednesday-look it up). You know, where you typically see teams spend the time installing their systems, and practicing them. I'm sure they'll stop everything once he shows and give him the luxury of catching up. Maybe they'll have a redo of training camp practices to get him his reps instead of installing game plans. :lol::nana::lol:

Hmmm.....who was out there playing DE Saturday? Sure wasn't Maybin. Who will be out there next weekend? Not Maybin. Sounds like someone is moving on.

Whether he shows or not, he'll have a lot of catching up to do, because he missed all of training camp (it ends Wednesday-look it up). You know, where you typically see teams spend the time installing their systems, and practicing them. I'm sure they'll stop everything once he shows and give him the luxury of catching up. Maybe they'll have a redo of training camp practices to get him his reps instead of installing game plans. :lol::nana::lol:

Let's try this:

He will get signed, and at a salary commensurate with his draft position. He will incur no penalty for the length of the negotiation (not holdout).

It really makes very little difference if he signs today, tomorrow, or Friday. Wednesday represents nothing. He has already missed training camp. If he shows up tomorrow, will be get the benefit of camp?

The Bills are likely to use him in spot duty in obvious pass situations. I think he will be fine with whatever he gets in practice. But of course his first year is compromised somewhat by missing so much time. It happens EVERY YEAR to a few players. This time, it was a Bills' player. Try not to make too much out of it.

I'm beginning to let my paranoia slip free.

I wonder how much Maybin's holdout - and it is exactly that - is because he and his agent doesn't want him to undergo the drug testing that he'll face once he's signed.

I'm thinking he's drying out as well as holding out.

On a business level - a holdout from a guy like him does not make sense at all.

What's the difference in coin - a bean or two?

There's got to be another reason. Maybe his agents are pissed at the FO for some friggin' reason.

Maybe they're relatives of Chris Mortenson.

Let's try this:

He will get signed, and at a salary commensurate with his draft position. He will incur no penalty for the length of the negotiation (not holdout).

It really makes very little difference if he signs today, tomorrow, or Friday. Wednesday represents nothing. He has already missed training camp. If he shows up tomorrow, will be get the benefit of camp?

The Bills are likely to use him in spot duty in obvious pass situations. I think he will be fine with whatever he gets in practice. But of course his first year is compromised somewhat by missing so much time. It happens EVERY YEAR to a few players. This time, it was a Bills' player. Try not to make too much out of it.

Usually the Bills are lucky enough to avoid the inevitable greedy jerk. It looked like this would be true this year too when they drafted Maybin higher than he was projected. I have no idea if he'll be a good player or not, but he as already proven to be a ME ME ME type.

At what point do the Bills rights expire and Maybin end up in next year's draft? Is there a magic date for that?

Usually the Bills are lucky enough to avoid the inevitable greedy jerk. It looked like this would be true this year too when they drafted Maybin higher than he was projected. I have no idea if he'll be a good player or not, but he as already proven to be a ME ME ME type.

At what point do the Bills rights expire and Maybin end up in next year's draft? Is there a magic date for that?

April 1st.

magic date for that is the day of the draft. if they have not signed him by then he goes back in the draft

I wonder how much Maybin's holdout - and it is exactly that - is because he and his agent doesn't want him to undergo the drug testing that he'll face once he's signed.

There's got to be another reason. Maybe his agents are pissed at the FO for some friggin' reason.

What drug do you think he is on? Aren't they piss tests? In which case, even weed is out of your system in a month tops.

That's an even more paranoid scenario than I could have concocted. Wow. Stay away from me.

I hope the the Bills management sticks to their guns. Tell Maybin take it or leave. sign today or go home and wait until next year. He was overrated by most experts and who is going to pick him up next year after sitting out a year for the money he could get this year. Make a statement, grows some balls. ownership created this mess of paying untested rookies this money, owners need to stop it.

So it looks like this is probably down to a couple million dollars either way...the Bills offering 24 million and Maybin's trying to get 27ish.

Just hope he is in game shape when and if he gets here...or will end up like Peters after his hold-out - worthless for the first 4 or 5 games...

NFL.com

Pk Player Pos. Team Status Contract

1 Matthew Stafford QB Detroit Signed 6 years, $72 million ($41.7M guaranteed)

2 Jason Smith OT St. Louis Signed 5 years, $61.775 million ($33M guaranteed)

3 Tyson Jackson DE Kansas City Signed 5 years, $57 million ($31M guaranteed)

4 Aaron Curry LB Seattle Signed 6 years, $60 million ($34M guaranteed)

5 Mark Sanchez QB N.Y. Jets Signed 5 years, $60 million ($28M guaranteed)

6 Andre Smith OT Cincinnati Unsigned

7 Heyward-Bey WR Oakland Signed 5 years, $38.25 million ($23.5M guaranteed)

8 Eugene Monroe OT Jacksonville Signed 5 years, $35.4 million ($19.2M guaranteed)

9 B.J. Raji DT Green Bay Signed 5 years, $28.5 million ($18M guaranteed)

10 Crabtree WR San Francisco Unsigned

11 Aaron Maybin DE Buffalo Unsigned

12 Knowshon Moreno RB Denver Signed 5 years, $23 million ($13M guaranteed)

13 Brian Orakpo DE Washington Signed 5 years, $20 million ($12.1M guaranteed)

14 Malcolm Jenkins CB New Orleans Signed 5 years, up to $19 million ($11M guaranteed)

15 Brian Cushing LB Houston Signed 5 years, $18 million ($10.435M guaranteed)

16 Larry English DE San Diego Signed 5 years, $17.8 million ($9.9M guaranteed)

17 Josh Freeman QB Tampa Bay Signed 5 years, $36 million (10.25M guaranteed)

18 Robert Ayers LB Denver Signed 5 years

Maybin is officially Crabtree's bitc#. Aaron will sit and / or not contribute much this year. Or he will come in and get hurt right away. That often happens to holdouts. Assuming he plays 8 years, he is throwing 12% of his career down the toilet as a result of someone's else's greed and stupidity. His agent does him a grave disservice by not being man enough to negotiate a deal irrespective of the player in front of him. I wonder if his agent is in collusion with Carbtree's agent Parker.