Ryan F's very good outing tonight.....

Simon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After enduring a relatively bare cupboard since Kelly retired so many years ago, do the Bills suddenly have a pretty respectable stable of QB's?

I still have to see how Trent performs over the course of the entire season. And Fitz is 1-1 in terms of performance in pre-season games for us. So, I think it is too early to tell.

After last weeks performance, it was easy to jump on Fitz. As it is this week to jump

on the bandwagon. Thought he played well enough this week.

FWIW, he is a smart guy, moves well, seems to have a grasp of the offense.

My hope is he turns into a Frank Reich type of guy. Dependable backup, plays well

enough if called upon, and helps TE from the sidelines. Not looking for him to be the

starter, just good enough to handle the backup role.

My hope is he turns into a Frank Reich type of guy. Dependable backup, plays well

enough if called upon, and helps TE from the sidelines. Not looking for him to be the

starter, just good enough to handle the backup role.

That's my wild dream, too. If he can be anything like Frank, he will be a perfect #2.

That's my wild dream, too. If he can be anything like Frank, he will be a perfect #2.

I know it's a lot to ask of him, but after this last game, he showed some promise. Maybe

not quite Frank, but respectable at the very least.

But I do reserve judgment to after next weeks game..... :unsure:

I have not had a problem with Fitzpatrick this summer. I thought the media (and fans) were a bit harsh on the guy. He's definitely a game QB, not a practice QB. WHen he releases the ball, I'm always confident that a Bills player will be on the other end. This is a far cry from the backup QB we had last season (JP). Also, Fitz can hit the guys in stride on short/medium passes which is a gigantic upgrade from last years backup. I'm definitely liking him as the backup. He's got that sense of purpose, football smarts and field vision,

I agree. Fitz looked real good last nite. You can tell that the guy is a football player. He knows where to go with the football. And does not hesitate in his decision making. He looks to be a big upgrade from JP.