Ryan F's very good outing tonight.....

Simon

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After enduring a relatively bare cupboard since Kelly retired so many years ago, do the Bills suddenly have a pretty respectable stable of QB's?

until next week when we'll want to toss him out of a moving car(figuratively)

Tough call, Bills did have a game more then the Bears plus a week of camp more and it showed imho, Bills looked more oiled then last week. The good news is Fitz looked a lot better then last week. Week 3 for consistency and we'll be able to say more imo.

I like the signing of Fitzy and I think Hamdan is a decent backup as well. I have to admit, Fitz's play last week made me a little nervous.

The Bills are missing a confident stud QB. I think Edwards has potential to become that, but he isn't that guy yet.

I was thinking the same thing, but quickly chastised myself by repeating, "It's just preseason".

You know, I have dubbed you 'Dean of perspective' for a reason.

But what a difference a week makes.

GO BILLS!!!

I have not had a problem with Fitzpatrick this summer. I thought the media (and fans) were a bit harsh on the guy. He's definitely a game QB, not a practice QB. WHen he releases the ball, I'm always confident that a Bills player will be on the other end. This is a far cry from the backup QB we had last season (JP). Also, Fitz can hit the guys in stride on short/medium passes which is a gigantic upgrade from last years backup. I'm definitely liking him as the backup. He's got that sense of purpose, football smarts and field vision,

I have not had a problem with Fitzpatrick this summer. I thought the media (and fans) were a bit harsh on the guy. He's definitely a game QB, not a practice QB. WHen he releases the ball, I'm always confident that a Bills player will be on the other end. This is a far cry from the backup QB we had last season (JP). Also, Fitz can hit the guys in stride on short/medium passes which is a gigantic upgrade from last years backup. I'm definitely liking him as the backup. He's got that sense of purpose, football smarts and field vision,

I only saw him a few times, last year. But I generally liked what I saw, for the most part.

I think many are troubled by his lack of a tight spiral. You have to admit, his passes can look a bit ugly. But they seem to find their mark fairly often.

Guest dog14787

Fitz should have silenced many of the critics tonight, Ryan had good zip on his ball, he played with authority and the fellas a real gamer. Our 2nd string offense didn't miss a beat and looked like they could go up against most first string defenses in the league and still move the ball well.

In my opinion the Buffalo Bills are one of the more talented teams in the league now. I think TE is a championship caliber QB in the makings and it appears we have a very capable backup QB who could also go out and win ball games if called upon.

I really like our ball club :)

Fitz should have silenced many of the critics tonight, Ryan had good zip on his ball, he played with authority and the fellas a real gamer. Our 2nd string offense didn't miss a beat and looked like they could go up against most first string defenses in the league and still move the ball well.

In my opinion the Buffalo Bills are one of the more talented teams in the league now. I think TE is a championship caliber QB in the makings and it appears we have a very capable backup QB who could also go out and win ball games if called upon.

I really like our ball club :)

May I have a cup of your Kool - Aid? :thumbdown:

Guest dog14787
May I have a cup of your Kool - Aid? ;)

Sure, I've got plenty to go around, it may taste a little like Beer though but have a few :):thumbdown::beer:

I think many are troubled by his lack of a tight spiral. You have to admit, his passes can look a bit ugly. But they seem to find their mark fairly often.

They said the same things about Billy Kilmer, too, and he had a nice career. I think Fitz will be fine as the backup. I'm not sure why he gets dissed so much...thought he filled in admirably for a horrible Cincy team last year.