Madden 2010 is out today!

billsfan89

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought it through that SI deal that was listed the other day so I still have some time to wait. How's the franchise mode offseason? did they finally improve that?

I got a really good deal here in Philly. Last week, at participating Micro Centers, the game was $34.99 if you put down a $5 deposit. Then you could come back between today and the 30th of August and get the game by paying the remaining balance ($29.99). Great deal IMHO, but not as good as the SI deal. I would have done the SI deal, but I heard people saying that they wouldn't get the game until 4-6 weeks.

My thoughts on the game:

It is better than last years. It definitely takes some getting used to. The running game is tough to get going, but I guess you have to have better lineman to run the ball better. Seeing as how the Bills have the worst OL in the league, I'll have to address it in the offseason. The animations are better and more realistic. You can't just throw the ball up to someone that has superior speed and hope he burns the coverage. More tact is required which is fine by me.

I've only played a couple of games so my initial thoughts are just that: initial.

And if anyone knows how to unlock it for Wii. Also, side note, does anyone else "ask Madden" for help when calling plays? I'll sometimes do this, especially on defense, and one of his soundbytes is "A smart coach would call this!" I inevitably think, yeah, but what would jauron do (wwjd)?

I did a little web search for you and according to this web site (http://www.digitalsomething.com/news/2517.html its giving me issues on posting links so just copy and paste the link into your address bar) you have to go to on the main menu and hit EA extras and form there hit enter game code and type in TEAMPLAYER. The link has the codes for all the other modes.

Madden on the Wii for me is strange because in Madden 2007 the Wii version was the best version (They basically took the original X-Box version and added in motion controls and fun party games) than in Madden 2008 all they had to do was fix the kicking and add in O-line and they looked like they had a solid game. But the O-line was horrible (They did fix the kicking somewhat).

So on Madden 2009 for the Wii all they had to do was add in a better online system and fix some minor gameplay issues but instead they tried to brand it with ALL PLAY and built a new engine rather than sticking to a game engine that they had known for years (The original X-Box engine had been used since 2001). I guess if you have kids the ALL PLAY features might be good but I just think they messed up after such a great start.

Oh well I hope that helps you and I don't know why they would lock so many modes on the Wii version especially one as popular as franchise mode.

I did a little web search for you and according to this web site (http://www.digitalsomething.com/news/2517.html its giving me issues on posting links so just copy and paste the link into your address bar) you have to go to on the main menu and hit EA extras and form there hit enter game code and type in TEAMPLAYER. The link has the codes for all the other modes.

Madden on the Wii for me is strange because in Madden 2007 the Wii version was the best version (They basically took the original X-Box version and added in motion controls and fun party games) than in Madden 2008 all they had to do was fix the kicking and add in O-line and they looked like they had a solid game. But the O-line was horrible (They did fix the kicking somewhat).

So on Madden 2009 for the Wii all they had to do was add in a better online system and fix some minor gameplay issues but instead they tried to brand it with ALL PLAY and built a new engine rather than sticking to a game engine that they had known for years (The original X-Box engine had been used since 2001). I guess if you have kids the ALL PLAY features might be good but I just think they messed up after such a great start.

Oh well I hope that helps you and I don't know why they would lock so many modes on the Wii version especially one as popular as franchise mode.

Can't wait to try this out, thanks for the help! The All Play sucks, but the good part is that you can always go back to the old controls. The last version I had was 08, and other than the addition of some new kid friendly modes (5 on 5), and the hiding of franchise mode, the biggest difference is the cartoony graphics. I'm not a big fan of the cartoon style graphics, but if I really cared about the graphics I would have bought an Xbox. The biggest upside of the Wii version IMO are the motion controls, which in this version seem pretty similar to 08.

Other observations after playing more games last night: it could just be my imagination, but Wood seems nasty in this game. I don't usually pay much attention to OL in video games, 'cause it never made much difference, but I noticed a few plays last night (e.g. linemen finishing blocks by pancaking guys, linemen blocking deep down field) and it was Wood every time.

Also Nelson is a pass catching machine, and our 4 and 5 wr sets have been pretty much unstoppable. I've been experimenting some with the depth chart, and having Hardy or Parrish at the 3rd WR position makes the offense much more effective (I'm guessing this works in the video game world since they don't pay much attention to WR blocking.)

On defense, I was a little disappointed that they don't have Maybin in as a starter; I've been subbing him in and he's been getting 1-2 sacks a game, unless I' playing the Jets, in which case had 7.

Call me old school as I still use a PS2, but I think there must be something wrong with the rosters. I know they changed the rankings and all but its a bit outta wack. Kyle vandebash the fastest DE in the game? Pettigrew, a first rd pick - 75, Nelson a 4th rounder, 73? CHRIS KELSAY a 89! I could go on and on, it doesnt make sense. I think mine has a virus.....

I bought Madden 2010 and I have to say I really like it. For the first time since Madden 2004/2005 I feel that the franchise has taken a huge step froward. They fixed a lot of the issues in the Madden series and mixed in some 2K football elements. I feel for the first time on the 360/PS3 they have a good Madden game.

Big improvements

Game play sliders- Let you adjust the games speed and computer levels for things like run defense and pass offense.

O-Line forms an actual pocket around the QB

Offense lines actually matter- Good O-lines can run the ball well and bad ones can't.

New Ratings system- More well rounded rating system were players in the 70's are average and players in the 80's are good/solid. Players in the 90's are pro bowlers/All pros.

Better Presentation- 2K like cut scenes and TV like presentation. As well as a half time show (2K5 football still has a better presentation but Madden is getting closer)

Pro Tak system- 2-9 man gang tackles as well as better more fluid animations and better response to momentum.

Online Franchise- Good feature (Lets get a Two Bills Drive League going)

Things that need to be fixed

Better Half Time show- Audio over highlights and more presentational touches (2K had audio over half time highlights)

Better Camera Angles for Online Co-op- The Camera just plain sucks needs to be fixed and could be a great feature if fixed.

Better Commentary- The commentary is God aweful bring back Al Michaels and John Madden.

More in game graphics- The presentation is done well but I would like to add in things seen in TV broad casts like in 2K5 when they would bring up the chart that shows where the QB's are throwing to on the field.

Holding penalties on PAT's and field goals- Need to patch this its really too often and annoying.

Overall I like the game and feel that the things that need to be fixed are small (Except for on-line Co-Op camera). I think any football game fan will like this game even 2K fan boys will at least notice the effort that went into this years game. Anyone else buy the game or play it what are your impressions.

i have had mine for about a week now (my buddy runs a game store and he got it in on Monday)...i'd say its the best game ive ever played.

I've been having a lot of fun with the Wii version -- something I haven't been able to say about a Madden game since '95 on the Sega Genesis. Screenshots make the Wii version look cartoony, but in motion it looks more like an arcade game. I really like the look. My son loves playing 5-on-5 with the All-Play mode. Pretty soon he'll bump up to intermediate controls. This version is definitely the best one to get if you have younger children and want to introduce them to video football. You do need to get some codes to unlock all the features of the game -- my understanding is that this is to fight piracy.

I did this deal last week. I called SI today and they said all games would be shipped between today, tomorrow, and Monday. The rep told me on the phone that everyone who has already ordered will receive it no later than 10 days after the release date. She said that most people will have it by the middle of next week! Not bad for deal like that!

Yeah, I expect it by Wednesday. Getting it for $26 is well worth a few days wait.

I have a few more observations of the games franchise mode now that I have played it a little more.

You can move teams again. Free agents are more selective in what teams they want to go to. The draft is a bit better you can find players rated very highly in the later rounds (aka steals) but I think there needs to be better players avaiable at the top of the draft (players in the top 8 are between 73-78 top 8 picks should be 76-81 IMO). Overall the draft is improved but still not perfect.

Player progression is much better older players fall off quickly the older they get younger players develop much better and quicker (Wood and Levitre become 79-81 after year one and by year two they end up between 82 and as high as 88). Draft picks also show progress in the game as well.

Overall the franchise is much better but could still use a few tweaks. Like I said I hope they up the top picks in the drafts (I have drafted too many mid first round picks that have ended up at 63 and I have had too many second round picks at 56). I think the player progression is better but I think that the progress of draft picks is just a little too slow.

they still make PS2 games? madden 2010 is out for verizon cell phones... i can't spend the extra $11 dollars on it, its not worth it

Yeah they make sports games for PS2 its easy to do all you do is just update the rosters and you have a huge audience to sell the games to because a lot of people are still on PS2 because PS3's are 400 dollars and XBox 360's are still 200 dollars with no hard drive which you need to save a large amount of game and download additional content (Rosters, Downloadable games, Extra missions and content for other games)

So People are still on PS2 although as the price of the 360 and PS3 goes down less and less people will be on the PS2

no steve johnson?

I also noticed that there's no Steve Johnson. Also, every time I started a franchise (sim the pre-season) by the MNF game vs the Pats, Trent Edwards, T.O., and Maybin were injured and out for 5-6 weeks on average. Also, apparently the CPU decided to sign Gus Frerotte and Levi Jones in 4 of the 5 seasons I started. (I didn't want to start a season with Trent, T.O. and Maybin out!) Other than those little things, I love the game.

I also noticed that there's no Steve Johnson. Also, every time I started a franchise (sim the pre-season) by the MNF game vs the Pats, Trent Edwards, T.O., and Maybin were injured and out for 5-6 weeks on average. Also, apparently the CPU decided to sign Gus Frerotte and Levi Jones in 4 of the 5 seasons I started. (I didn't want to start a season with Trent, T.O. and Maybin out!) Other than those little things, I love the game.

Stevie's in the roster update.

This game is sweet.

True story, I just bought it earlier today at Target and I hadn't opened it until about 5 minutes ago because I was watching the golf and when I opened it to my surprise there was no freaking disc! I couldn't believe it but I'm hoping the people at Target do tomorrow. So until tomorrow I'll just read all of your posts regarding the game.

True story, I just bought it earlier today at Target and I hadn't opened it until about 5 minutes ago because I was watching the golf and when I opened it to my surprise there was no freaking disc! I couldn't believe it but I'm hoping the people at Target do tomorrow. So until tomorrow I'll just read all of your posts regarding the game.

They should believe you, I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to try anything like that! :unsure:

Or, it could be the best scam ever!