Maybin in tears

For those of you on this board that have called him greedy and questioned his heart or desire, read this article on ESPN. The kid WANTS to play, and badly. As lame as it sounds, if you read his posts on twitter he seems like a pretty serious and dedicated football player. I hope he gets signed soon because he wants to play, and he will help the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...ce=NFLHeadlines

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you on this board that have called him greedy and questioned his heart or desire, read this article on ESPN. The kid WANTS to play, and badly. As lame as it sounds, if you read his posts on twitter he seems like a pretty serious and dedicated football player. I hope he gets signed soon because he wants to play, and he will help the team.

I'd cry too, if there were millions within my grasp...and be happy to say that the reason for my sobbing was my love of the game and go on and wring my hands about these evil forces all around me. Those forces that can't find their way to give me more millions so I can dry my eyes and unburden my heavy heart.

It's tough being 21, and not being able to sign a contract for millions of dollars. I'm a victim of needing more money. It's not my fault! - that darn extra money is keeping me away from - my love of the game.

Spare me the drama queen stuff and get into camp. If he really wants to play put some pressure on your agent to get it done. Ask Eric Wood.

Here's the deal, and it's simple.

Maybin is a good kid. Hopefully he's a good player. But he has the rare opportunity to make an important statement, to set a precedent.

Okay, Aaron. There are about eight dozen agents out there who would jump at the chance to serve you. Fire the prick who is preventing you from making an impact for the team that is about to give you ludicrous gobs of cash. There is no GOOD reason why his agent needs to see Crabtree's numbers. Base it on last year's slot, plus the % raise given to Moreno.

Done.

Short of that, he can say whatever he wants about "the business side of things". But it will all be the same old BS anyone can utter. There's nothing special about Maybin right now. Nothing at all.

But there could be...

You there Aaron?

I have a fantastic suggestion, forget what the #10 selection will receive, then settle for less.

This way you can enjoy your NFL career, and save a ton of money buying cleanex for the boat load of tears

This is why some players represent themselves and dump agents every year, its your career, not theirs.

Maybin is a good kid. Hopefully he's a good player. But he has the rare opportunity to make an important statement, to set a precedent.

Okay, Aaron. There are about eight dozen agents out there who would jump at the chance to serve you. Fire the prick who is preventing you from making an impact for the team that is about to give you ludicrous gobs of cash. There is no GOOD reason why his agent needs to see Crabtree's numbers. Base it on last year's slot, plus the % raise given to Moreno.

Done.

Short of that, he can say whatever he wants about "the business side of things". But it will all be the same old BS anyone can utter. There's nothing special about Maybin right now. Nothing at all.

But there could be...

You there Aaron?

Good post.

I'd cry too, if there were millions within my grasp...and be happy to say that the reason for my sobbing was my love of the game and go on and wring my hands about these evil forces all around me. Those forces that can't find their way to give me more millions so I can dry my eyes and unburden my heavy heart.

It's tough being 21, and not being able to sign a contract for millions of dollars. I'm a victim of needing more money. It's not my fault! - that darn extra money is keeping me away from - my love of the game.

Outstanding! :unsure:

He -and others- can attempt to spin it any way they want. This spin is the most accurate.

Done.

But there could be...

You there Aaron?

perfectly crafted. :unsure:

Whats up w/ Maybin hanging out w/ Arrington?

Lavar has been reduced to being a hanging on to a college kid. You can be sure if the kid was drafted in the 8th round. Lavar Arrington wuld have narry a word to say to the kid.

Up to a certain degree all the players are absolutly spot-on; they are out there creating the dollars, they are the industry called NFL. Yet as a player, why are you holding out so long that your value to the team and with that your playing time will decrease by the day. What is 1 million more or less on 20 million guaranteed?

You want to play but as a result of business reasons you may be loosing your shot at even playing at all during the season. It's a loop created by the owners themselves, they used to underpay the players that were their $$$ making machines, as a result players turned to people to negotiate for them, agents were born and now through capatilist evolution agents have turned the greediness around on the owners themselves which result in hurting in the game and with that the industry called NFL. There is no way Maybin will not suffer in one way or another from skipping camp.

Doesn't matter which side you side with, in the end both parties are hurting the industry; the customers (fans) are being victimised as a result. I honestly question if either side realizes this.

:unsure:

I understand these guys can get cut at any moment with no compensation. But I could care less.

These guys are paid more money than the majority of people on this board playing a GAME. Why

should I care if he gets 500K more for ruining his career??

My biggest problem is, he will eventually sign for a little more than what the Bills are offering, but

he needs to look at the ramifications of holding out and the impact it will have on his first NFL season

and how it impacts his team mates.

As for the "tears", :unsure: him!

Okay, Aaron. There are about eight dozen agents out there who would jump at the chance to serve you. Fire the prick who is preventing you from making an impact for the team that is about to give you ludicrous gobs of cash.

Come on now! Chafie Fields (Maybin's agent, I'm guessing an underling of Segal's) gotta make a name for himself and feed his family! He didn't make jack squat in his one failed season in the NFL (2000).

I have a fantastic suggestion, forget what the #10 selection will receive, then settle for less.

This way you can enjoy your NFL career, and save a ton of money buying cleanex for the boat load of tears

This is why some players represent themselves and dump agents every year, its your career, not theirs.

If he dumped his agent and signed a % increase from Moreno, he'd make way more...how much is he giving to his agent?

I've got a novel idea....how about the Bills signing him for a little more just to get him into camp? What's a few extra million from a franchise worth $750M or whatever it is they're worth. If Maybin plays well, then it is money well spent. If not, chalk it up to the price to compete now-a-days.

I'd love to see him in camp like everyone else, but there are two sides to this whole negotiation thing.

Look at similarly slotted players last year. Add some. Sign.

Cry me a river. If he wanted to be here with his millions, he'd be here.

Right.

He can't take the #6 and #16 numbers and figure something out? #7 and #15? #8 and #14? #9 and #13? He absolutely needs #10?

Maybe he's like JAIrus Byrd and hates to practice.

We're talking about practice man. Practice. Not a game. Practice.