Bears 7th Round Pick Derek Kinder

WR from Pitt. His first career NFL game (whether it is preseason or not) is going to be against the team he grew up watching. Being from the same home town as him in WNY I feel like this is kind of a unique story line seeing as there isnt very many from WNY who have made the NFL. I for one will be sporting my Bills gear at the game but cheering every time he makes a catch.

WR from Pitt. His first career NFL game (whether it is preseason or not) is going to be against the team he grew up watching. Being from the same home town as him in WNY I feel like this is kind of a unique story line seeing as there isnt very many from WNY who have made the NFL. I for one will be sporting my Bills gear at the game but cheering every time he makes a catch.

Saw him quite a bit when he was at Pitt. I was sort of shocked that he didn't go higher in the draft. He always struck me as an NFL-caliber receiver. I didn't know he was from WNY.

Yeah he is from Albion, NY...little town in Orleans County

Having some close ties myself to that high school league, I know when he was playing, there were some pretty disturbing whispers about some of his "personal" relationships.

Derek's a buddy of mine, i played in the high school North/South all star game with him and we were friends at Pitt. With his knee injury 2 years ago and the anemic quarterbacking of Bill Stull, his pro prospects really took a hit. He said he's doing ok up there and i still see him on weekends when he comes back to Pitt. I'm glad he's getting a shot because he is much much better than the raw deal he's gotten over the past couple of years.

Having some close ties myself to that high school league, I know when he was playing, there were some pretty disturbing whispers about some of his "personal" relationships.

dude seriously...who cares what his personal relationships were in high school...it's high school. people grow up. that is except for you because you are still making him out to be a bad dude. its like you're spreading new gossip man. thats old news. let it go. he was young and everybody makes mistakes. so what? are you perfect? grow up man.

What are you trying to say? He is a 3 dollar bill? A gangster?

Also on the Bears is Corey Graham. Native of Buffalo, actually started some games last yr @ CB and IIRC was asked to make the switch to FS this yr. Dont know if he won the starting job or not but should play alot vs the Bills. Played against him when he was at Turner Carroll in Buffalo. Real fast and a great tackler.