[closed]Rumor: Vick visited Buffalo

Mopreme

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this disgusting story about two teenagers who abused a defenseless puppy yesterday in Lockport. Then realize what Vick admitted to doing is a thousand times worse. This A-hole can rot for all I care. He does not deserve another chance. No one should sign him, including the UFL. Of course I don't believe this "rumor" of a Vick sighting but if the Bills were stupid enough to sign him, then they will have lost me as a fan, for whatever that's worth.

Not to restart any debate, but as a dog-owner what Vick did was deplorable and he deserved as much punishment as he got, perhaps even moreso. However, he pled guilty, was sentenced and served real jail time. He declared bankruptcy. In my book, he paid his debt to society and now can move on with his life. If that involves playing football for my favorite team, so be it, as long as he helps the Bills win games.

I know this was in a thread yesterday, but just heard Peter King on the Cowherd show, and he again reiterated he thinks there are three teams that makes sence for Vick..Green Bay, Steelers and Buffalo. Now, he also mentioned there are prolly more teams interested, but it does a team no good to say they may be interested and then do not get him.

Again, he did not say that Buffalo was absolutely interested and actively pursuing Vick, but I find it starange that Peter King comes out of the Canton weekend, where he got an award and where there where Bills folks everywhere and just pulls the Bills name from out of thin air. I am really starting to think there may be something to this Vick to Buffalo stuff

Seems like the Bills are selling their soul, if these rumors are true. I have to agree with you also about the possibility.

On the brightside, the PETA folks will be filling up hotel rooms in Buffalo if the signing happens. Buffalo will be a media circus, if it wasn't already with T.O.

Read this disgusting story about two teenagers who abused a defenseless puppy yesterday in Lockport. Then realize what Vick admitted to doing is a thousand times worse. This A-hole can rot for all I care. He does not deserve another chance. No one should sign him, including the UFL. Of course I don't believe this "rumor" of a Vick sighting but if the Bills were stupid enough to sign him, then they will have lost me as a fan, for whatever that's worth.

I was actually going to make a tasteless Vick joke about that, but it was too horrible of a situation in Lockport. And besides any dog/Vick jokes are childish and I feel embarrassed for even thinking about posting something of that nature. I really hope this was an awful accident or else I hope they really teach these teens a lesson. I was really sickened when I heard this on the news a couple days ago. I hope and pray the Bills do not sign Vick. He would be a great addition to the team football wise, but at what price. It's just not worth it IMO...

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think. Also TO is a big supporter of Vick. He could be pulling for Vick to be a Bill.

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think

I differing view of the "win now" mentality (if the Bills actually have it, which I doubt)

But anyways, if the Bills have a "win now" mentality, why would they bring in a new QB after camp has started. A QB who is totally unfamiliar with the playbook and hasn't played a down since 2006

I don't know if Vick will be a Bill or not, but hearing Peter King saying that the Bills have the must win mentality and that we could be one of the teams in the mix for Vick makes me think. Also TO is a big supporter of Vick. He could be pulling for Vick to be a Bill.

Thats exactly why you don't want Vick on the team. Trent is the man right now he doesn't have to look over his shoulder. If Vick is on the team and the Bills are 1-3 and TO is unhappy I don't want to have a guy calling for Vick to start. Let Trent have his team and have no controversy. I doubt TO would be calling for Fitz to start.

Trent needs this year to show the organization what he has even if the Bills go 7-9 or 6-10 but Trent throws for 3500 yards and 20 TD's with 10 ints than you know that Trent is likely to be your guy going froward. I want to put Trent is a position to have success not to have him be undermined later in the year.

Just stop with all this Vick talk. He is a bad fit and a distraction waiting to happen.

The blog linked by the OP isn't the original source; that source is here (as linked from that blog): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/229533-...-visits-buffalo

If it were true I'd totally fail to see as to why; Vick is a runningback that can throw the ball half the the time he throws, and arent we kinda decked out on rb's allready?

Local ESPN Radio here in NY said Buffalo is one of 5 teams interested in Mike Vick. I heard it myself today at 4:10pm on ESPN Radio on 1410am (Watertown) New York. They also went on to say Buffalo could be the favorite to land him if he does not take more money and play in the UFL.

If the Bills are, in fact, interested in Vick, then it makes the most sense for him to sign for multiple reasons:

1)Its a small market time so he can revive his career with less distractions. TO would most likely be center of attraction.

2)No pressue to start plus good opportunity to be 2nd qb since current backups are nothing special.

3)Bills are desperate for a winning season and will utilize Vick after his suspension.