The Definition of Insanity……

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you define poorly coached? Is Jauron a tactical master? Probably not. Does he get a lot out of the sad bunch he gets? absolutely. He shouldn't have final say in personnel or anything close to it, but thats a front office problem.

Since NFL coaches call the plays and packages on every down, it hardly seems a great stretch to connect the dots and see that to be a consistent winner a team needs coaches that are better than almost tactically competent. It's just one of the many facets of modern coaching. It's more than being able to recall data like "951 catches and 139 touchdowns is a lot of production."

Pinning the faults of Jauron coached teams on lack of talent is just too simplistic. It is true that he has never coached a team that has Hall-of-Fame caliber players 5 or 6 deep at every position. No coach does. But the converse is not true either: his rosters do have some talent. In fact, we've all seen quick turnarounds in the NFL where a new staff can come in, shake things up a little, and a team can suddenly go from worst to first. We saw this in Miami last year, and let's not pretend that they went from having "no talent" to having "great talent" with a snap of Parcells' magical fingers. Really, quick turnarounds cannot be explained by a formula that has player talent as the only variable and dismisses coaching as an entirely level playing field. Indeed, Lovie Smith was able to take a roster that consisted in majority of the same players Jauron had to the Super Bowl.

No, the multifaceted job of coaching is critical to success in the NFL, it has become increasingly important from the old days as the game has evolved and with increased player movement, and it is certainly not a level playing field. Indeed, with free agency and the salary cap, the talent distribution across the NFL isn't totally out of whack like in other sports. Every team has holes and good players: the good teams just get more out of their good players and hide their weaknesses better.

Once again, I don't think Jauron is the worst coach of all-time; he seems like a great person. But, he has proven his deficiencies over time and he stands among some of the losingest coaches in NFL history for his comparable longevity.

Since NFL coaches call the plays and packages on every down, it hardly seems a great stretch to connect the dots and see that to be a consistent winner a team needs coaches that are better than almost tactically competent. It's just one of the many facets of modern coaching. It's more than being able to recall data like "951 catches and 139 touchdowns is a lot of production."

Pinning the faults of Jauron coached teams on lack of talent is just too simplistic. It is true that he has never coached a team that has Hall-of-Fame caliber players 5 or 6 deep at every position. No coach does. But the converse is not true either: his rosters do have some talent. In fact, we've all seen quick turnarounds in the NFL where a new staff can come in, shake things up a little, and a team can suddenly go from worst to first. We saw this in Miami last year, and let's not pretend that they went from having "no talent" to having "great talent" with a snap of Parcells' magical fingers. Really, quick turnarounds cannot be explained by a formula that has player talent as the only variable and dismisses coaching as an entirely level playing field. Indeed, Lovie Smith was able to take a roster that consisted in majority of the same players Jauron had to the Super Bowl.

No, the multifaceted job of coaching is critical to success in the NFL, it has become increasingly important from the old days as the game has evolved and with increased player movement, and it is certainly not a level playing field. Indeed, with free agency and the salary cap, the talent distribution across the NFL isn't totally out of whack like in other sports. Every team has holes and good players: the good teams just get more out of their good players and hide their weaknesses better.

Once again, I don't think Jauron is the worst coach of all-time; he seems like a great person. But, he has proven his deficiencies over time and he stands among some of the losingest coaches in NFL history for his comparable longevity.

Aside from Schobel and Stroud, both lines have been devoid of talent. The don't start building in the secondary. Personally, I don't care who the coach is, we should fix the problems. By the way, the fact that we let Ruben Brown and Jason Peters go fits the axiom of if you listen to the fans, you will end up sitting with them. Shiny new QB next year!!

He can't come back, the exit was too good

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain

Now you've decided to show me the same

But no sweet, vain exits or offstage lines

Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild horses couldn't drag me away

Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

Hold your breath until I go away.

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain

Now you've decided to show me the same

But no sweet, vain exits or offstage lines

Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild horses couldn't drag me away

Wild, wild horses, couldn't drag me away

Hold your breath until I go away.

I always like this version:

If your new persona is the one that sticks, I see no reason for you to go. If the go back to the one you started with, I think you will likely be banned before long.

I always like this version:

If your new persona is the one that sticks, I see no reason for you to go. If the go back to the one you started with, I think you will likely be banned before long.

Excellent Garcia. Thanks. Have you heard the Graham Parsons/Flying Burritos version? Something else again, but not on YouTube.

I haven't changed since my day one. If this Kindergarten bans me, it merely reflects their lack of heuvos, and your little bunch's "feminine-like" ability to persistently whine. I will not break the TOS, so get creative. I've been around the block in the Big League for many years. I just like to catalyze the exchange of ideas, and watch them flow.

Ave

Excellent Garcia. Thanks. Have you heard the Graham Parsons/Flying Burritos version? Something else again, but not on YouTube.

Yes, it is outstanding.

As for the rest, as long as you converse intelligently (you obviously have the ability) things should be fine. Nobody is ever banned for their opinion.

In fact, you don't even have to converse intelligently. If so, most of the posters would be long gone.

But it helps to be fairly civil.

Aside from Schobel and Stroud, both lines have been devoid of talent. The don't start building in the secondary. Personally, I don't care who the coach is, we should fix the problems. By the way, the fact that we let Ruben Brown and Jason Peters go fits the axiom of if you listen to the fans, you will end up sitting with them. Shiny new QB next year!!

That I agree with entirely. The Bills in their glory years were a couple of run-defenders up front away from winning a Super Bowl. Not a hard sell on me, bro. <_<

Apostle of Homer Simpson are you?

I have to disagree with the position - so what you are saying is you would be OK as a Bill's fan if they went 2-14? Just being is good enough? You are Russ Brandon's wet dream! You don't want better? Playoff's don't matter to you? Are you one of these poeple that is just happy to have a job? Don't care what you look like? Just throwing some clothes on is good enough is it?

Again, no umbrage, I just think expectations are necessary for self and one's sporting teams....otherwise, your just a Homer....

He actually works for Brandon and is just keeping the masses moving in the right direction.

no expectations but lots of season ticket sales

I haven't changed since my day one. If this Kindergarten bans me, it merely reflects their lack of heuvos, and your little bunch's "feminine-like" ability to persistently whine. I will not break the TOS, so get creative. I've been around the block in the Big League for many years. I just like to catalyze the exchange of ideas, and watch them flow.

Ave

can you please just shut the hell up. nobody cares about your poems or your romeo and juliet reverences because it has nothing to do with anything and makes you seem like a flaming homosexual.

can you please just shut the hell up. nobody cares about your poems or your romeo and juliet reverences because it has nothing to do with anything and makes you seem like a flaming homosexual.

<_< <_<

You doth protest too much, methinks. Try wiping the goo off your lips first before you go off flapping them.

For your sorely needed edification, "the poem" is part of the lyrics to a classic Rolling Stones song.