T.O. Sportscenter sound bite

ChicagoDan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we all know that he knows that we know that that is what he is thinking.

Forgive me for not reading the entire thread, but my eyes are bleeding from trying to decipher this ... I am a little surprised it didn't lock up the entire Internet.

I like TO always have but if he is here for only one year that is fine. The younger WR's including Lee Evans will be gaining a ton of knowledge from him. Do you really think TO would be as good as he is without Jerry Rice? TO has credited Jerry for his development as a player on several occassions.

TO is good for the team no matter how much of a distraction he could possilbly be. People can't wait for him to say something stupid or incorrectly so they can blog about it for a week. If it were anyone else people wouldn't even care.

TO is TO he is a king of putting his foot in his mouth. You would think most people would realize this and move on. TO is only a distraction if you let his foot in the mouth words piss you off.

Not sure if this was on SC or ESPNnews last night (or both). They were asking TO about comparing his current situation to Dallas and he said that he had some good experiences in Dallas but that "I'm with Buffalo right now and so and focusing on that." (emphasis added)

Most players would have said "Now I'm a Buffalo Bill" or something more definite and proud. For some reason the "right now" kinda bothered me--he seems to already be looking to his future somewhere else. I replayed it several times to make sure I got his inflection correctly and each time it bothered me more.

I know we all know that he knows that we know that that is what he is thinking, etc, but it still bugged me he said like that. Hopefully his play will continue to excel as it did briefly last night regardless of whether he already considers us a one and done no matter what.

Athlete inflections from an ESPN interview should be taken with a grain of salt. I think you're looking into this too closely.

Much to do about nothing - TO has been complimentary of the city and so far has not been a circus act. Looks like Edwards is developing some chemistry with him. Let his play on the field speak first - then wory about incidental quotes in the media.

Not sure if this was on SC or ESPNnews last night (or both). They were asking TO about comparing his current situation to Dallas and he said that he had some good experiences in Dallas but that "I'm with Buffalo right now and so and focusing on that." (emphasis added)

Most players would have said "Now I'm a Buffalo Bill" or something more definite and proud. For some reason the "right now" kinda bothered me--he seems to already be looking to his future somewhere else. I replayed it several times to make sure I got his inflection correctly and each time it bothered me more.

I know we all know that he knows that we know that that is what he is thinking, etc, but it still bugged me he said like that. Hopefully his play will continue to excel as it did briefly last night regardless of whether he already considers us a one and done no matter what.

Here's five bucks, go down to the self-esteem store and buy some

TO history: 1st year-great, 2nd year very good, 3rd year distraction.

TO has never ever been a locker room leader, he leads by example in only one way - conditioning.

TO is smart - he still understands it take 30-33 individuals to build a champion in todays NFL.

IF - big IF, the Bills playoff and advanced does TO re-sign with less $ than the Bills will offer. He was exposed to the hype of this HOF weekend. The team of the super bowl years is still very active in activities with the Bills, does TO absorb and blend- the season will tell.

Does TO change to a TEAM LEADER?

I bet a BUFFALO NICKLE thata few old timers talked to him this weekend, #12, #34, #78, #80, and gave him their opinion of the city and franchise.

TO can also look atthe players the fans - justifiably so ran out of town - no matter how good they were on the field - The Henery's, MacGehees, etc

He will look up between huddles at that the names on the Wall of Fame, and if he his the player he promotes himself to be the player he thinks he is - then ONE name will make or break him - it is US - we of the 12th Man.

TO - will help us make the playoff's, he may very well help us advance - but TO only does that 1 way: Every game is game 1 of the season, every game is the last game, EVERY PLAY COUNTS.

TO will go to the HOF - What TO needs to solidify is going on !st Ballot to Join #34, #78, #12

TO has my vote, and my encouragement - to set his record straight, or mybe a curl hook across the middle to pick up the 1st down and move the chains

He's a one year rental, what do you expect?

I would hate to watch any type of football with someone like you. Holy smokes.

Feeling is mutual, I am quite sure.

Look, ladies and fellas. I didn't say this was earth-shattering or I was infuriated. I said 'annoyed'--a pretty tame emotion. And I was simply trying to give a heads up to some fellow fans on something I caught that I felt gave a candid glimpse into our baggage-laden new star athlete's mind--that others might have missed and indeed even ESPN seemingly missed because it was not the reason they showed the clip and there was no commenting by them on that statement.

You just very rarely hear an athlete say "I'm a XX for right now" on basically the first day of a new season. That's all.

Somebody named ChicagoDan needs to take a step away from the NFL for a couple of days and reassess priorities in life.

The man with 5400 posts tells the man with 9 posts that he is spending too much of his time and energy occupied with football.

Priceless.

The man with 5400 posts tells the man with 9 posts that he is spending too much of his time and energy occupied with football.

Priceless.

You might have a point if about 5399 or so of those posts (over 8 years, mind you) weren't useless drivel or feeble attempts at sarcasm. :thumbsup:

I'm a huge fan, but seriously, nitpicking sound bites of athletes is hardly the stuff of insightful analysis. Just my opinion.

You might have a point if about 5399 or so of those posts (over 8 years, mind you) weren't useless drivel or feeble attempts at sarcasm. :thumbsup:

I'm a huge fan, but seriously, nitpicking sound bites of athletes is hardly the stuff of insightful analysis. Just my opinion.

You two ladies wanna room

It was actually during the game when Andrea Kramer was interviewing him. I noticed also and found it to be a little strange. I have a feeling it'll be a one and done for TO and the Bills.

Shocking, isn't it? <yawn>

I just wonder what he'll do with the key to the city. Maybe he can sell it on ebay, grinning madly.