Bills and Maybin Close To A Deal Not Waiting On Crabtree Deal

bobcat

Yeah, even if he gets three preseason games, i think we're going to be fine. It's been stupid, like most of the other draft picks who haven't been signed, but I think it won't really matter as long as he gets a few weeks in.

IF he's been working out like he plans to play in the NFL this year.

If true, finally some sanity. Even with Moreno signing, Joel Segal (Maybin's agent) could still have waited for a decision on Crabtree (I hope the 49'ers call his bluff and pull their contract offer) so as to get a better contract. Or maybe Segal knows that Crabtree isn't getting even close to what he asked for and is only being offered the 10th slot salary, making a continued "holdout" a bad idea. I don't know. Just sign a contract and get into camp, rookie!

If true, finally some sanity. Even with Moreno signing, Joel Segal (Maybin's agent) could still have waited for a decision on Crabtree (I hope the 49'ers call his bluff and pull their contract offer) so as to get a better contract. Or maybe Segal knows that Crabtree isn't getting even close to what he asked for and is only being offered the 10th slot salary, making a continued "holdout" a bad idea. I don't know. Just sign a contract and get into camp, rookie!

I noticed the 4th pick did better than the 3rd so the slotting thing is not always in stone though maybe Crabtree does get what he wants in the end.

Crabtree is killing himself right now. If he goes a year out of football he won't even be drafted in the top 15 next year IMO. This whole situation is retarded. Thank God for some reason from Maybin, his agent, and the Bills' FO.

Crabtree is killing himself right now. If he goes a year out of football he won't even be drafted in the top 15 next year IMO. This whole situation is retarded. Thank God for some reason from Maybin, his agent, and the Bills' FO.

If he actually sits out the year, I think what will happen is that the NFL draft will look more like the MLB draft, where there is a slotting system, but some players make known that they won't sign unless the team offers above slot. So, you could see Crabtree slip until a team willing to pay him top-5 money, regardless of where he's drafted.

Maybe we should trade him for a guard because he decided to hold out or better yet a dime back.

He must not have a true heart of a Buffalo Bill because he dared to hold out.

Here's hoping Trent stays upright tonight.

Players have all the leverage in the league. Even rookies and their agents, when properly hyped, command the ability to negotiate as long as need be. It may not see fair, but it's reality.

The line will be a concern, and minus their best OLineman, how can it not be? Buffalo gambled a lot when Peters went out the door, forcing all those moves. If it doesn't work, the front office should be nuked.

Players have all the leverage in the league. Even rookies and their agents, when properly hyped, command the ability to negotiate as long as need be. It may not see fair, but it's reality.

The line will be a concern, and minus their best OLineman, how can it not be? Buffalo gambled a lot when Peters went out the door, forcing all those moves. If it doesn't work, the front office should be nuked.

An NFL team OWNS a player's rights (the player can't negotiate with any other ream) and can void the contract anytime they see fit with no financial penalty (other than the guaranteed money paid). Furthermore, the teams are restricted in what they can pay players, by the salary cap.

But the players have all the leverage.

Right.

An NFL team OWNS a player's rights (the player can't negotiate with any other ream) and can void the contract anytime they see fit with no financial penalty (other than the guaranteed money paid). Furthermore, the teams are restricted in what they can pay players, by the salary cap.

But the players have all the leverage.

Right.

You were right Deann :rolleyes: !

You were right Deann :rolleyes: !

BTW, this article suggests the Bills are the ones who have been waiting for Crabtree to sign:

Buffalo management is well aware that the 49ers are having issues signing Michael Crabtree who was drafted a pick earlier than Maybin and will not wait until that deal is finalized to sign Maybin.

I have no idea if it is true, but it may very well be.

Maybe we should trade him for a guard because he decided to hold out or better yet a dime back.

He must not have a true heart of a Buffalo Bill because he dared to hold out.

Here's hoping Trent stays upright tonight.

trade for a guard???? or dime back???? please tell me you are joking

Maybin's agent = fail.

Buffalo management is well aware that the 49ers are having issues signing Michael Crabtree who was drafted a pick earlier than Maybin and will not wait until that deal is finalized to sign Maybin.

According to this article, the Bills were the party holding out on a deal until some others were done. My guess is both sides were in no real rush. Now that Knowshon is done, it is probably time to crank up the talks. I'm sure both sides would prefer Crabtree be done first, but it's now clear that isn't likely to happen, so things should go a little more quickly, I think.

According to this article, the Bills were the party holding out on a deal until some others were done. My guess is both sides were in no real rush. Now that Knowshon is done, it is probably time to crank up the talks. I'm sure both sides would prefer Crabtree be done first, but it's now clear that isn't likely to happen, so things should go a little more quickly, I think.

I really doubt the Bills were waiting for Crabtree! I doesn't make any sense.