Food TV/Guy Fieri shooting at Bills/Bears pre-season game

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you shoot a tailgating segment at a preseason game???

Yeah...it's definitely gonna be lacking something...plus it'll miss the surrounding experience of Lot 1...but the way Kenny talked, the fact that it's just preseason is the only reason he consented to it...moving the Pinto, that is. To do the whole thing right, they'd have to do it in the regular season in Lot 1...but then, Kenny's party would beat any other party without even trying

Info link at BillsZone.com forum.

Here's your chance to represent our town on national TV.

PTR

I cut-n-pasted for those not registered at BZ. Lori, if this isn't allowed, go ahead and delete my post....

Attention Tailgaters!!!

We want YOU to be part of a television show!

When: August 15th

Where: Lot C, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

Why: A Food Network Tailgate Competition Show.

Who: Our Host is Guy Fieri

Here’s the scoop. The Buffalo Bills face the Chicago Bears on Saturday, August 15th. That’s INSIDE the stadium. OUTSIDE the stadium, a very different battle will be taking place. A battle between two top tailgating teams…one from Buffalo, one from Chicago. Guy Fieri will be refereeing the showdown and it will be intense. And that’s where you come in…we need tailgaters to fill the parking lot.

We want you, your rigs, your grills, your games, your costumes and all the other gear you bring to the lot to give our show a real tailgating atmosphere. We’re looking for the true tailgating fan, the fan who loves to party in the parking lot. Bills fan, Bears fans, fans from other teams…you’re all welcome! We need you for our background shots and for when we go into the lot to experience everything that makes tailgating great!

We have room for about 60 set ups (R.Vs, busses, trucks, cars, tents, whatever you use to mark your tailgating area) in full tailgating mode; cooking, playing and gearing up for the game.

Due to the “magic” of television, we need you to be able to set up on Friday, the 14th, between 4 and 8 pm and be able to rejoin us Saturday morning by 8am, ready to tailgate. This is a night game and your vehicle will not be able to leave the lot until after shooting is complete, around 8pm. We will have security in the lot overnight on Friday.

One BIG note: Food Network is a family network. We are going to be talking a lot about community and family fun at tailgating. The television production will be sharing the parking lot with the Bills Kids Day Festivities, so any drinking that may take place should be done in moderation. We want this to be a show that ALL ages can watch and enjoy. The program will be a direct reflection on the city of Buffalo, as well as the Food Network, so please keep that in mind as you enjoy the day.

We have limited space and passes are necessary, so please contact Maggie Macpherson at maggiemacpherson (at) mac.com.

Please include an idea of what type of vehicle you’ll be bringing, how many people will be in your group and roughly how much space you’ll need.

Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!

When: August 15th

Where: Lot C, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

Why: A Food Network Tailgate Competition Show.

Who: Our Host is Guy Fieri

Printable Parking Lot map

That's actually a release from http://www.ontheblacktop.com/ meant for public distribution, so I'm all right with it. I did edit the e-mail address so the spambots have a harder time finding it, though.

Okay, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Some additional info: both Commissioner of Tailgating Joe Cahn and "Jay the Tailgate Guy," with whom we had the pleasure of grilling and chilling last Sunday, plan to be in attendance. Stop by and say hi!

Oh, and even if you can't park your car on Friday and be there for the duration, they're looking for people to be part of the crowd Saturday morning.

I am planning to be out there to support Kenny. I should be finishing my Quest for 31 (a journey to see a game in every stadium in the NFL) this year with plans to visit my "Final Five" - DEN, NO, NY, BAL, and WAS, in place for this year.

The Saturday game is the Kids Night.

Not quite sure how smart that is.

And here's your answer:

"One BIG note: Food Network is a family network. We are going to be talking a lot about community and family fun at tailgating."

Keep your shirt on, hide the beer, and don't look at the camera were the most popular sayings at the taping.

Managed to get a couple pictures, even though they really did not want pictures taken. Will get them posted soon.

Guy took 15-20 takes on one segment of just walking through the lot and repeating some lines.

His segment with Ken took about 15-20 minutes when I was there, not sure if they did any filming earlier in the day, since it was an all day event.

There was one "entry" point the Bills (or maybe Food Network) had staffed with a security guard making everyone sign a release in case they appeared on camera. Well, if you simply walked 20 more feet down the cement barriers, you could get right into the filming area without signing the release.