Maiorana and Roth: Langston Walker Not Real Happy at LT

If this is true, -and I've routinely questioned both reporters- then LW doesn't have 'much' upstairs. If I'm not mistaken, LT is the second highest paid position in the NFL. Succeed, and he'll make more $$ then he could even imagine in his wildest dreams.

Hmmmm .... kinda makes you wonder why Peters was the lowest paid lineman on the Bills doesn't it? Maybe he was right being pissed off the way OBD treated him.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its clear to me that the Bills are looking at Bell as the eventual heir apparent at LT. Its a huge assumption and a huge risk, but I think that by about game 5 or so they will give him a shot and move LW back to right. Where that leaves Butler is anyones guess.

If it works out, they are geniuses. If not...

I personally have some confidence in Bell I think athletic genes and pedigree count for a lot.

We shall see I think, sooner rather than later.

'Thurman#1' : Read the article, and I'll also highlight it for you.

VJ91: Right!

'Thurman#1' : Could be a worrisome.

VJ91: Yeah.

'Thurman#1' : Walker should not be so negative about this?

VJ91: Right!

VJ91: Hey Thurman#1, now we can write our own article in the D&C. How insightful. Were Roth and Maiorana stone drunk when they put this crap together?? :flirt:

Only difference is that they have interviewed NFL football players.

Attitude is important, and it seems as if he isn't feeling to confident about the situation.

Not good. I'm thinking at some point int he season, Bell will be getting some playing time at LT.

Its clear to me that the Bills are looking at Bell as the eventual heir apparent at LT. Its a huge assumption and a huge risk, but I think that by about game 5 or so they will give him a shot and move LW back to right. Where that leaves Butler is anyones guess.

If it works out, they are geniuses. If not...

I personally have some confidence in Bell I think athletic genes and pedigree count for a lot.

We shall see I think, sooner rather than later.

Agreed, I think it may be sooner, the preseason will tell us alot. . .

If this is true, -and I've routinely questioned both reporters- then LW doesn't have 'much' upstairs. If I'm not mistaken, LT is the second highest paid position in the NFL. Succeed, and he'll make more $$ then he could even imagine in his wildest dreams.

With this attitude, if accurate, he'd probably be broke 5 years after he retires anyway.

Suck it up, Lumpy! :flirt:

P.S. who's out there for a tryout.. :P

Right on, Chandler.

Look, I can imagine how tricky it will be for him and if he doesn't catch on it may slightly jeopardize his career.

HOWEVER, I believe he is in the 3rd year of a five year deal, and if he shows up this year and even improves greatly next year, this guy can walk into One Bills Drive after his 4th year and say, "Let's start talking long term; I'm thinking 6 years, 60 million dollars sounds about right."

...and considering this conversation is taking place in January/February 2011, he might just get it.

Well, it was obvious back when they told him he was moving over to LT that he was not happy about it. Now it's been 3 months, OTA's, training camp, etc later and his attitude hasn't changed. Not a good sign. I'll be watching Bell again very closely this preseason.

Do not believe a thing Sal Maiorana speaks or writes. He is an assclown who has never played the sport in his life. He comes from the "negative nancy" school of journalism and believes he is Rochester's gift to the world.

Because Langston said "I didn't have a choice" does not mean he isn't embracing a move to the most prestigious and most highly paid OL position in football. Believe me -- if he does well there, he knows he is in line for a hefty pay raise.

With this attitude, if accurate, he'd probably be broke 5 years after he retires anyway.

Suck it up, Lumpy! :doh:

P.S. who's out there for a tryout.. :lol:

The dude's pretty much one of the smartest players on the Bills--which is saying a lot considering The Brain at back-up QB and other ivy-leaguers.

LW is playing this shrewdly by tempering expectations. If LW fails at LT this year, people will just say, "he's a pure RT and played out of position," not that "he's washed up."

The dude's pretty much one of the smartest players on the Bills--which is saying a lot considering The Brain at back-up QB and other ivy-leaguers.

LW is playing this shrewdly by tempering expectations. If LW fails at LT this year, people will just say, "he's a pure RT and played out of position," not that "he's washed up."

Hope you're right, JR.

I admit to being pizzed to hear this as it re-inforces Bills fans biggest fear this year. IMO, we have finally accumulated enough great talent to contend, with the major ? being a brand new OL that nobody knows for sure will work out. If he's just sandbaggin', then it's all good! Just scares me right now..

All the more reason to hope D. Bell is improving on a daily basis...and that Wood is as good as advertised so he can take a lot of pressure off Walker on the left side.

Do you really think Walker would be saying things like "what other choice is there?" if Bell was nearly ready to be a starting LT in the NFL?

Applying Occam's Razor to Walker not being happy: who would be happy to be put in a job were you have a giant target painted on your chest, have no choice, and have enough experience to know what it takes (not talks) to be adequate?

Do you really think Walker would be saying things like "what other choice is there?" if Bell was nearly ready to be a starting LT in the NFL?

Applying Occam's Razor to Walker not being happy: who would be happy to be put in a job were you have a giant target painted on your chest, have no choice, and have enough experience to know what it takes (not talks) to be adequate?

Words mean nothing at this point.

I would be happily surprised if Walker is even a good LT. He wasn't much better than average at RT imo. He was OK.

It takes a long time to replace a good LT. Just ask any Bills Fan. Since Wolford, all of ours were piss poor (and that includes Fina). Peters was the notable exception. Will Jauron be too stupid to make this team stronger up front?

Maybe not, only because it might be out of his hands. In 09, we only squandered 1 early pick (and of course all of the late ones) on a defensive back. Who knows.....perhaps some of his power was hopefully removed. We play in the cold and wind, and so do the pats and the jets. This team, more than others, will always need to run, and stop our opponents from doing so.

Passing is great, and it is certainly the trend but again, we play in Orchard Park, NY.

The Bills need to devote resources in 2010 to the Tackle positions on both sides of the football. This year, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed for things (good tackle play) that are a coin toss.

Jmo.

Words mean nothing at this point.

I would be happily surprised if Walker is even a good LT. He wasn't much better than average at RT imo. He was OK.

It takes a long time to replace a good LT. Just ask any Bills Fan. Since Wolford, all of ours were piss poor (and that includes Fina). Peters was the notable exception. Will Jauron be too stupid to make this team stronger up front?

Maybe not, only because it might be out of his hands. In 09, we only squandered 1 early pick (and of course all of the late ones) on a defensive back. Who knows.....perhaps some of his power was hopefully removed. We play in the cold and wind, and so do the pats and the jets. This team, more than others, will always need to run, and stop our opponents from doing so.

Passing is great, and it is certainly the trend but again, we play in Orchard Park, NY.

The Bills need to devote resources in 2010 to the Tackle positions on both sides of the football. This year, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed for things (good tackle play) that are a coin toss.

Jmo.

Going to see a lot of Lynch/Jackson lining up to Trent's left on pass plays. Walker should be OK on inside rushes but the speed moves will be rough. Trent has a comfort in the pocket so hopefully one forms with Hangartner at center and he can step up and deliver in 3.5 seconds.

You are aware that your binky Jason Peters is already on the PUP list for the Eagles? Broken nail or yeast infection I believe. Sure wish we kept him.

PTR

If you want to demonstrate your disdain for Peters, you might try apathy rather than watching him so closely he can't fart without your notice and comment. I am not the one sucking on his every move binky boy.

1. LW is a smart guy and tries not to lie, he know his capabilities and that he's going to have a lot of problems at LT

2. They talk about LW being at 345 if he's anywhere close to that weight I'd be ecstatic, last year he played at 380+

Right on, Chandler.

Look, I can imagine how tricky it will be for him and if he doesn't catch on it may slightly jeopardize his career.

HOWEVER, I believe he is in the 3rd year of a five year deal, and if he shows up this year and even improves greatly next year, this guy can walk into One Bills Drive after his 4th year and say, "Let's start talking long term; I'm thinking 6 years, 60 million dollars sounds about right."

...and considering this conversation is taking place in January/February 2011, he might just get it.

You must be wrong because in January and February we will be playing in the playoffs and Superbowl.

Respectfully disagree.

Forget knowing his limitations, he needs to focus on what abilities he does have and find a way to apply them to his new position. The only thing that knowing limitations does for a person is remind them of what they cannot do. With Walker's current state of mind, I don't think he can afford that type of focus.

That said, I do agree that he's not a great fit at LT, but he's what they've got, unless they want to throw Chambers (ugh) or Butler (uncertain ugh) into the fire.

Just my 1 cent.

My point was, he knows he is out of his natural position and knows he is not suited till fill LT, he will still try his best because he is a professional. I didn't state he was focusing on his limitations, I stated he knew them. and was very aware he is simply not being put in position to succeed by the coaches.

This move just shows me that the Bills don't understand the offensive line positions very well, there is currently nobody in the entire Bills organization that has a clue on how to build a dominate O line, or they are just to cheap to actually pay a top LT. The very first thing Parcells did at Miami was draft a LT (Jake Long) to protect the QB. The Bills had a premier LT and they screwed it up, just like they screwed up by releasing Derrick Dockery when they could have traded him for a pick.

Its kinda funny how the bad teams continually find a way to stay bad, no matter how hard they try they, keep shooting themselves in the foot.

To be honest, I would feel better if Langston and Butler were at the same positions as last year and if Kirk Chambers was holding down LT.

I first thought that they were going to leave the right side alone and then try to get a stop gap player in to bridge the gap to Bell (i.e. Chambers). I never thought they'd actually sign a Levi Jones, but thought they'd go for continuity. Instead it seems like they went with the "let's get the best five guys on the field" approach. I wonder how long it takes until D. Bell gets in and somebody take a seat like in 06 when Peters moved to LT halfway through the season.