Vic Carucci not a fan of Fitzpatrick either

Pitta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying how bad our QB depth is the whole off season and been getting beaten up on these boards for saying so. There is a reason so many people call him "Noodle Arm" Fitzpatrick. Alot of people on these boards think Fitz is the second coming of Jim Kelly, but I think it is closer to a second coming of Billy Joe Hobert. If Edwards goes down, we don't have a snowballs chance in a microwave. I am sure I will get beat up again for saying it, but it will turn out to be the worst move of the off season, and the most confusing. If we wanted Fitz, he still would be available now, yet we signed him 30 seconds into free agency and gave him millions. Make sense to me-NOT!

Fitz was signed based on his performance last year in regular season games for an NFL team. It makes no sense to evaluate him based based on mini camp or even training camp performance, like he was a kid invited for a tryout. If he does awful in 2 or 3 preseason games then we should start to get worried and I'm sure the FO will also become concerned. If you never liked the signing to begin with then now is the time to wait it out and see what happens. Maybe you will be proved right. But now is not the time to cut Fitzpatrick and grasp for someone else, based on bad throws in the first week of training camp!

If Fitzpatrick looks horrible in the first few preseason games then I wonder if Trent Green would be willing to come out of retirement. Then again if we were to be willing to talk a QB out of retirement.....there's always Farve. I'd throw the Niagra Falls at him to wear the Buffalo blues!

If Fitzpatrick looks horrible in the first few preseason games then I wonder if Trent Green would be willing to come out of retirement. Then again if we were to be willing to talk a QB out of retirement.....there's always Farve. I'd throw the Niagra Falls at him to wear the Buffalo blues!

Are you implying that we start Favre for a year and stunt Trent's growth as our franchise quarterback? Or were you joking?

Are you implying that we start Favre for a year and stunt Trent's growth as our franchise quarterback? Or were you joking?

Just kidding. Farve is too much of a drama queen. I don't believe that Buffalo will sign ANY big names this year and chance taking the spotlight off of TO.

I have been saying how bad our QB depth is the whole off season and been getting beaten up on these boards for saying so. There is a reason so many people call him "Noodle Arm" Fitzpatrick. Alot of people on these boards think Fitz is the second coming of Jim Kelly, but I think it is closer to a second coming of Billy Joe Hobert. If Edwards goes down, we don't have a snowballs chance in a microwave. I am sure I will get beat up again for saying it, but it will turn out to be the worst move of the off season, and the most confusing. If we wanted Fitz, he still would be available now, yet we signed him 30 seconds into free agency and gave him millions. Make sense to me-NOT!

Really??

Fitz was signed based on his performance last year in regular season games for an NFL team. It makes no sense to evaluate him based based on mini camp or even training camp performance, like he was a kid invited for a tryout. If he does awful in 2 or 3 preseason games then we should start to get worried and I'm sure the FO will also become concerned. If you never liked the signing to begin with then now is the time to wait it out and see what happens. Maybe you will be proved right. But now is not the time to cut Fitzpatrick and grasp for someone else, based on bad throws in the first week of training camp!

Matt Cassell played so bad in training camp and preseason last year that a lot of people thought he was going to get cut and Matt Gutierrez was going to be starter after Brady went down. Yeah right, look how that played out.

Of course, Cassell might be a product of the Bellicheat system whereas here in Buffalo we have no system, so I wouldn't be surprised if even Peyton Manning came here and struggled!

What performance was that? a 70 QB rating with 8 TDs in 12 starts?

"The Bills desperately need to upgrade their quarterback depth.

Yeah, I've been saying this for several months. Fitz / Hamdan are incapable of starting and lord help us if the season depends on their actions to win.

Has anyone actually been to camp and seen him run the offense? He may not be the best option this team has for #2 but he is throwing much better than Hamdan right now. When I was at practice both Saturday and Sunday most of his balls were spot on and were thrown in with some pretty good zip.

On Sunday when I watched Hamdan throw he held onto the ball and tossed it out of bounds on 2 consecutive plays and on a third dumped it off to a back and that was almost picked off.

I don't see us going out and getting another quarterback at this point, but i also don't see Fitz being as bad as some people are saying. Oh and I can't help but feel like he is a much better option than JP was.