Vick reinstated on conditional basis

:rolleyes:

Well, I thought it was a good joke, anyway. Remember the "Bring Professional Football Back to Buffalo" bumper stickers from the mid-'80s?

Well, I knew this girl that had a whammie weenie and thought that for goodluck......

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash:

Well, I thought it was a good joke, anyway. Remember the "Bring Professional Football Back to Buffalo" bumper stickers from the mid-'80s?

Gotcha. Makes sense when I saw their record. Just a little shell shocked from Richmond losing it's team this year. I interned there actually, so I was sad to see them go. Although, I was never one to care if an AAA team won or lost, your joke makes complete sense.

Sorry, I was like.....there's no way Buffalo lost it's team. lol. Of course, Richmond was a pretty strong market for AAA, so I wondered.

:rolleyes:

He could have said: Michael, you can't play until at least Week 6. What he said was: If you do everything right, I could reinstate you fully before Week 6.

He could have said: I'm suspending you so you can't play in any games in the preseason, and you can't be around the team until I reinstate you. What he said was: You can play in the final two preseason games if someone signs you, and if you do everything right, you can practice with your team with no restrictions until you're reinstated. That's unlike a normal suspension, when players can't practice with their teams in the regular season.

He is going to be willing to take back-up money and we have no real good back-up options. Fitzgerald and Hamdan suck and DJ is not going to hang his job on those boys this season. Stock the team with talent and let the coaches sort out where they go has been the theme.

GO Bills!!

what will tomorrow's vick thread be skooby?

Who did Lehigh Valley take over for? Ottawa?

Yup. This is their ... third year in Allentown, I think? Second in the new park. (Eesh. I should know this stuff without looking it up -- I'm covering a local kid who plays for the R-Phils, and we both thought he was going to be up with the IronPigs this season ...)

Calling people names makes others look smarter.

thats such an obama thing to say.

the bills wouldn't do anything to put any added pressure on Trent. he is the apple of Ralph's eye. Keep looking elsewhere. And Fitzgerald isn't as bad as everyone claims he is. Hamdan, though, is.

Field the best team you can.

And that includes Michael Vick.

God, you're an idiot. And I'm not just saying that because you're a narcissistic whore with a desperate need for the attention and positive adult reinforcement you lacked in childhood. I'm saying that because you're a narcissistic whore with a desperate need for the attention and positive adult reinforcement you lacked in childhood, AND have absolutely no friggin' clue. Can you even quantify what Michael Vick brings to a team, or what he did for the Falcons?

And that includes Michael Vick.

God, you're an idiot. And I'm not just saying that because you're a narcissistic whore with a desperate need for the attention and positive adult reinforcement you lacked in childhood. I'm saying that because you're a narcissistic whore with a desperate need for the attention and positive adult reinforcement you lacked in childhood, AND have absolutely no friggin' clue. Can you even quantify what Michael Vick brings to a team, or what he did for the Falcons?

:rolleyes::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
That post was in response to someone's opinions of whether or not Vick has changed. Since no one here knows Vick, they cannot have a valid opinion on whether or not he feels remorse or has in fact changed.

There might be a few posters claiming to know what Michael Vicks all about, I for one am not one of them. The African American, because of his or her heritage and turbulent history are really the only ones that can fully understand how a black man really feels. It wasn't that long ago the black man was still dealing with slavery,racial problems, being forced to endure hardships that were unspeakable and basically for the lack of a better word, treated like animals.

Myself personally, I'm white and because of my heritage I'm ashamed of what we did to the black man and in my heart I'm not going to hold it against him for something I helped make him into in the first place.

Pitta, why are you here? Cursing our City and our players doesn't cut it and calling our Mod a moron doesn't cut it. So if you don't respect anything about this board, the City of Buffalo or even the owner of the football team, why are you even here?

Yeah, well, if you could sell $10 million of jerseys, I'm sure they'd overlook your faults as well. It's the NFL, and the bottom line is paying the bills.

That's why really, I think this was a job for the criminal justice system and not Goodell. Unless the five-game suspension is a backdoor to suspending him for the season, since no team wants a potential starting QB to miss Septemeber.

The NFL, the only place where a convicted felon can make millions of dollars. I'm sure all the convicted felons in the world wish they could all have good paying jobs, but who wants to hire a convicted felon...the NFL. I lost a lot of respect for Roger Goodell today. I need a job with the NFL, that way if by some chance if I ever get in some sort of trouble and they try to fire me over it, I'll threaten to sue them since they let convicted felons work for them. PHUQ VICK!!!!!!!!!

There might be a few posters claiming to know what Michael Vicks all about, I for one am not one of them. The African American, because of his or her heritage and turbulent history are really the only ones that can fully understand how a black man really feels.

Pitta's point is, none of us can know what is in another's head. We can't know if he is sorry for what he has done, feels remorse, etc. Neither can another Black man. Someone who shares Vick;s culture, upbringing, life experiences, etc. may have a better chance of empathizing with what he has gone through, or imagining what he might be going through now, but only HE knows what is in his head.

I agree with Pitta, that no one here knows if he is reformed, has changed, etc. But I completely disagree we can't have an opinion about it. Since it is, by definition (at least Pitta's) "unknowable", an opinion is ALL we can have. We can form that opinion by observing his behavior and listening to what he says. We can believe him, or disbelieve him. Are those opinions very informed? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they aren't proper opinions.

To be honest -- he's probably not amused, but I doubt he'd actually take action against Owens for saying that. Maybe a fine, but I doubt it.

I can see it now.... Goodell gets a call from Foxboro, TO gets a 1 game suspension.

I hope Trent slaps Florence in the head, then has Langston Walker sit on his face. That was like a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in Trent's abilities, and whether or not you believe in Trent, we do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT need another QB controversy.

Besides, Vick is an average QB at best and an average thug, too.

The NFL, the only place where a convicted felon can make millions of dollars. I'm sure all the convicted felons in the world could all have good paying jobs, but who wants to hire a convicted felon...the NFL.

Anyone know how many convicted FELONS are in the NFL today? Just curious.

Also keep in mind that Vick didn't simply make "a mistake" as has been suggested. He has been found to engage in:

Illegal gambing

Running a criminal enterprise

Tax evasion

The torture and murder of an unknown number of animals involved in the dog fighting operation

I also suspect he is guilty of the following (either personally, or complicit in):

Theft of dogs to use as practice for the dogs in the fighting operation

The torture and murder of these stolen dogs

Money laundering

It probably isn't a crime to use rape stands to force female dogs to bread, for the dog fighting operation, so I won't list that.

In other words, Michael Vick is, most likely, one very sick motherfuc#er.

But, just a mistake. No biggie.