Vick reinstated on conditional basis

Florence tweeted that he wants vick, is there a really a chance of this happening?

Are you serious? I doubt Ralph is interested in a marginal QB who hasn't competed in two years with the baggage he brings, at a position that the Bills are not desperate to fill. I also doubt Vick has any interest in coming to Buffalo, a small market city, to join a team with a clear #1 QB, and an extremely conservative head coach.

Also note, the Bills have said they are not interested. (Full disclosure: This was a few months ago.)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? I doubt Ralph is interested in a marginal QB who hasn't competed in two years with the baggage he brings, at a position that the Bills are not desperate to fill. I also doubt Vick has any interest in coming to Buffalo, a small market city, to join a team with a clear #1 QB, and an extremely conservative head coach.

Also note, the Bills have said they are not interested. (Full disclosure: This was a few months ago.)

Would you give the starting QB job to either of our current backup QB's ?

Was he that bad? I keep hearing allusions to the fact that he got completely burned on at least one occasion but was his performance consistantly poor? Would be nice to get some further details on that from someone who was there.

He had a rough day. Of course, they were playing off the line on (to my eyes) a majority of the plays, which frustrates me to no end. I thought he wasn't in bad position on the first long completion to T.O. down the left sideline, but Edwards laid the ball in there perfectly. However, there were a couple of other plays where he got beat cleanly.

(Aside: I've heard Evans and Owens are both pretty good receivers. :rolleyes: When you're watching intrasquad work, there's always the question of whether it was a bad job on one side of the ball, or merely someone making a play on the other.)

But while Tim and I were watching that morning practice, the third one was enough to make him say, "McKelvin again. Hmm. Maybe that's who I'm writing about today." And the play during the afternoon session where he ended up on the ground was just ugly.

Let's hope it was just a bad day. That possibility does exist.

Yeah, I would doubt that he would want a former 1,000 yard rusher and a player with a winning record. It's not like the "Wildcat" has made a role for players like Vick recently. He also would allow our playcalling to be a little bit less predictable.

He had a rough day. Of course, they were playing off the line on (to my eyes) a majority of the plays, which frustrates me to no end. I thought he wasn't in bad position on the first long completion to T.O. down the left sideline, but Edwards laid the ball in there perfectly. However, there were a couple of other plays where he got beat cleanly.

(Aside: I've heard Evans and Owens are both pretty good receivers. :rolleyes: When you're watching intrasquad work, there's always the question of whether it was a bad job on one side of the ball, or merely someone making a play on the other.)

But while Tim and I were watching that morning practice, the third one was enough to make him say, "McKelvin again. Hmm. Maybe that's who I'm writing about today." And the play during the afternoon session where he ended up on the ground was just ugly.

Thanks

Thanks

No prob. Here's what Tim ended up writing: Observations from first weekend of Bills camp

Second-year right cornerback Leodis McKelvin should have stayed in bed Sunday. Evans and Terrell Owens abused last year's 11th overall draft pick in both sessions.

In the morning, Owens torched him twice and Evans once on long, arcing Trent Edwards bombs. In the afternoon, Evans made a sensational grab near the end zone on another long ball despite coverage from McKelvin and safety Donte Whitner. Not long after, Owens caught a quick in and then cut back to the sideline, sending the helpless McKelvin sliding on his rump.

At least McKelvin was getting beaten by some of the best in the business. Then again, he'll have to defend similar players during the season.

Valid point there at the end. Of course, it's not like any of the other Bills CBs have looked all that great against Randy Moss, either.

That possibility certainly does exist. I did see his interception from Saturday. The kid has mad skills. I'm convinced the only reason he didn't have a lot of interceptions in college is because quarterbacks were simply not challenging him. Let's just hope he's not another Phillip Buchanon. For my own (hopeful) part, I'm not worried about Leodis.

As for Will Jay...Drayton Florence, he'd best keep his mouth shut. Maybe people will think I'm crazy and that I believe in conspiracy theories but I did note last year that Darian Barnes was cut last year shortly after his third appearance on "The Jim Rome Show."

It's only a gut feeling but I don't think the Bills like their marginal players reaching out for media attention. And has been already pointed out, there's lots of stiff competition at cornerback. He should be worrying about his game, not starting a grass roots movement.

You could, but it would make equally little sense. Now you're apparently saying that we can't sufficiently educate ourselves on the details of the Vick conviction to form a valid opinion? Or that because we don't have the number for Ralph's private phone at Grosse Pointe Shores, we shouldn't bother expressing said opinion?

Again: that's the very reason the Stadium Wall exists, to "foster a healthy exchange of views about the Buffalo Bills."

No, my point is simply that you can't sufficiently educate yourselves on the inner workings of Mike Vick's mind to see if he has changed as a person. But you are still only hearing what you want to hear, putting words in my mouth, and missing the entire point of my posts that I've stated very, very clearly numerous times. I think you're missing the point completely. Remorse is a human emotion, there is no way you could ever understand how Vick feels about the situation based on your opinions of him.

I am fine with your opinion on the Vick situation. I am not fine with anyone forming opinions on what is going on in Vick's brain at the moment. That's foolishness. As much as you want to, you're not going to get me into an argument over whether or not Vick should be reinstated. I have no opinion on the subject, so stop trying to pull me into that. I understand changing the course of argument is good for winning debates, but it's terrible for intelligent conversation. This is the last time I'm clarifying it. If you don't get it yet, you are a true moron.

Yeah, I would doubt that he would want a former 1,000 yard rusher and a player with a winning record. It's not like the "Wildcat" has made a role for players like Vick recently. He also would allow our playcalling to be a little bit less predictable.

The Bills have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position. I'll take Lynch or Jackson over Vick any day, as a RB. Vick was, in part, a product of his offense, and his rushing yardage benefited from his reluctance to throw (and his freedom to run in the offense). Jauron isn't likely to let Vick freelance the way he was allowed to play in Atlanta. Add to that two years of inaction, and a minimum 6 game suspension (as I understand it). What makes you think Vick 2006 = Vick 2009?

Truth is, it doesn't matter what you or I think. I stand by my earlier post. He's not right for the Bills and the Bills aren't right for him. He is likely to get an offer from a higher profile team. Do you really expect Ralph to outbid another team for his services, or do you expect Vick to take less to come to Buffalo. Try to think a couple of steps above the Skooby/retard level. What is actually likely to happen here?

That possibility certainly does exist. I did see his interception from Saturday. The kid has mad skills. I'm convinced the only reason he didn't have a lot of interceptions in college is because quarterbacks were simply not challenging him. Let's just hope he's not another Phillip Buchanon. For my own (hopeful) part, I'm not worried about Leodis.

As for Will Jay...Drayton Florence, he'd best keep his mouth shut. Maybe people will think I'm crazy and that I believe in conspiracy theories but I did note last year that Darian Barnes was cut last year shortly after his third appearance on "The Jim Rome Show."

It's only a gut feeling but I don't think the Bills like their marginal players reaching out for media attention. And has been already pointed out, there's lots of stiff competition at cornerback. He should be worrying about his game, not starting a grass roots movement.

But it was also after he played in enough games to guarantee his annual salary. Not the worst thing that could have happened to him; he was not cut in pre-season which I think is increasingly likely for Mr. Drayton. I remember watching Drayton in a couple San Diego games where he was penalized and burned and thinking "glad that guy is not a Bill". Now he is, he better just be quiet and try to get a job. Barnes at least did that...

Ya know, it's funny, SJBF. While the CBs were doing their position drills in the corner of the field we were watching, I mentioned to Tim how smooth McKelvin looked as he went through the backpedal-turn-run moves. "A lot smoother than McGee, anyway," I noted.

And then he proceeded to stink up the joint when they actually started throwing the ball around. :rolleyes:

He's young, and I do expect him to still have some ups and downs. I just hope the downs don't come when he's lined up across from Moss ...

Let's go back and reboot your original post:

A few questions that you should answer:

1. Have you ever been in a position of high esteem, wealth, and prestige and have it all taken from you in your prime due to a terrible mistake on your part?

2. Have you ever been to prison?

3. Have you ever been under house arrest?

4. Are you Mike Vick?

If you answered no to any of these questions, please do us all a favor and just keep your opinions to yourself.

And if you can't see that my disagreement is with the idea that people shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions here, then I'm not the moron in this conversation.

Let's go back and reboot your original post:

And if you can't see that my disagreement is with the idea that people shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions here, then I'm not the moron in this conversation.

That post was in response to someone's opinions of whether or not Vick has changed. Since no one here knows Vick, they cannot have a valid opinion on whether or not he feels remorse or has in fact changed.

Are you serious about this?

:rolleyes:

Well, I thought it was a good joke, anyway. Remember the "Bring Professional Football Back to Buffalo" bumper stickers from the mid-'80s?

NM, I see what you are talking about. Richmond lost it's team this year, because it wouldn't build a new stadium. Made me wonder.

Right -- the Bisons are still there, they just stink.