Vick reinstated on conditional basis

Aww, poor little Mike Vick. He made his own bed. He had it all before his moronic, evil decisions cost him everything. Too damn bad for that waste of life.

You're completely missing my point.

I don't take issue with people who have your opinion. I even clarified and [i thought that I] idiot-proofed that statement by saying it was all his fault. And even though I've always been a Vick fan and I would love to see him play again and excel, I would not be surprised or upset if he was banned from the NFL for life. I just think the way he's being treated right now is abusive and only for the benefit of the NFL disguised as a second chance. It's creating months of publicity, mystery, and above all else an annoyance and distraction for whatever team signs him. Let him in unconditionally or not at all. These months of speculation are not going to make Vick a better person. He's received much worse punishment already and this is just a stupid joke. I have been very impressed with Goodell thus far, but I think he's being a bit of a coward, to be honest.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in other words, nobody but a previous U.S. President has a right to express an opinion on how Obama's doing, because we haven't held that office? Nice "you never played the game" pull, but opinions are what we do here.

No. A character judgment is very different from judgment of one's ability to hold political office.

The way our constitution was drawn up, We all (constitutionally, not realistically) have the ability to be president. We have information available at our fingertips to educate ourselves on what would be the best way to run our country, and most importantly we have the right to vote for our president. Everyone who is worth a dime should be educated on the inner workings of their government and have enough knowledge to judge our nation's leaders. That is our duty as a citizen.

Your vote on Vick's eligibility in the NFL, however, would only count on a WGR website poll. This matter is not up to public opinion. It's up to a wishy-washy commissioner that is currently treating this matter like a circus. The NFL is a business, the United States is a nation-state full of over 300 million people that depend on their leaders. The NFL can survive and even thrive with an idiot playing back-up quarterback as long as it sells tickets, boosts ratings, and doesn't cause significant PR issues.

I could go on?

"a terrible mistake"?

You think operating an on-going dog torture/murder operation, over time, for profit...then lying about it, is simply "a terrible mistake"?

No, I don't think it was simply a terrible mistake, but it was a terrible mistake nonetheless, was it not? Don't turn this into something it's not. Do you really want to argue semantics? Are you really going to try to tell me that Vick's actions were not the very definition of a life mistake that he would immediately take back if he could? And where did I say simply? Come on guy, keep your emotions out of this.

I only take issue with the idea that Vick "hasn't changed a bit." I think that's a moronic statement and absolutely foolish to say. People's outlook on life can change after reading a good book, and Vick hasn't changed after going to prison and losing almost everything he had? Please.

No im an independent ball buster....and yes, old movies and politics are gay. its a football board.

Wouldn't know anything about the movie - never saw it. I was referring to a famous short story from The New Yorker magazine. You must be a Danny Kaye fan, maybe like Laurence Olivier was? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't know anything about the movie - never saw it. I was referring to a famous short story from The New Yorker magazine. You must be a Danny Kaye fan, maybe like Laurence Olivier was? :wallbash:

:rolleyes:

No. A character judgment is very different from judgment of one's ability to hold political office.

The way our constitution was drawn up, We all (constitutionally, not realistically) have the ability to be president. We have information available at our fingertips to educate ourselves on what would be the best way to run our country, and most importantly we have the right to vote for our president. Everyone who is worth a dime should be educated on the inner workings of their government and have enough knowledge to judge our nation's leaders. That is our duty as a citizen.

Your vote on Vick's eligibility in the NFL, however, would only count on a WGR website poll. This matter is not up to public opinion. It's up to a wishy-washy commissioner that is currently treating this matter like a circus. The NFL is a business, the United States is a nation-state full of over 300 million people that depend on their leaders. The NFL can survive and even thrive with an idiot playing back-up quarterback as long as it sells tickets, boosts ratings, and doesn't cause significant PR issues.

I could go on?

You could, but it would make equally little sense. Now you're apparently saying that we can't sufficiently educate ourselves on the details of the Vick conviction to form a valid opinion? Or that because we don't have the number for Ralph's private phone at Grosse Pointe Shores, we shouldn't bother expressing said opinion?

Again: that's the very reason the Stadium Wall exists, to "foster a healthy exchange of views about the Buffalo Bills."

Every time you post, you reveal how freaking stupid you are. Nobody was eating these dogs, to my knowledge and I don't torture my chicken (or steal chickens from my neighbors to torture and kill) before I eat it. Perhaps you do.

I'm guessing SKOOOOOOOBY's around 15 years old, but stopped maturing at 12, yes?

Key West? Last month it was Naples... :rolleyes:

If you ever been to Key West on vacation, you'll understand the answer I gave. Does the government / public assistance offer free vacation with blocks of cheese now?? If not you're SOL.

Florence tweeted that he wants vick, is there a really a chance of this happening?

A lot of Bills are talking about it and we aren't hearing from any other teams.

BTW, what role will Florence have this year?

More than a chance.

Vick could miss four games, or as few as no games

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2009 4:01 PM ET

The fact that "Week Six" appears in the announcement conditionally reinstating quarterback Mike Vick is a bit misleading.

The first reaction right here was that he has been suspended six games.

The terms "by Week Six" means that it's five games.

And, as we pointed out previously, if he signs with a team that has a bye week before Week Six, he might miss only four games.

But looking carefully at the language of the release, the Commissioner has committed to making a decision "by Week Six." And that means he could make a decision before Week Six. Or before Week Five.

Or before Week One.

Our guess is that public reaction will be a huge factor in all of this. If it's positive, Vick could be back as soon as Week One.

Theoretically.

Meanwhile, it appears that Vick will be paid throughout the term of his suspension, given that he will be permitted to participate in all activities, with the exception of games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...es-or-no-games/

If you ever been to Key West on vacation, you'll understand the answer I gave. Does the government / public assistance offer free vacation with blocks of cheese now?? If not you're SOL.

The imagination's a wonderful thing, young SKOOBSTER.

They used to say jerkin' off makes you insane - in your case, I think it's true...

SKOOOOOOOOBY

Yup. With Corner running ahead of him and Lankster impressing early on, how much would the Bills be paying a No. 5 CB?

Of course, on the flip side, McKelvin didn't exactly dominate in practice this weekend. His performance made me a little ... well, you know ... nervous.

Was he that bad? I keep hearing allusions to the fact that he got completely burned on at least one occasion but was his performance consistantly poor? Would be nice to get some further details on that from someone who was there.