Heads up - John Wawrow on Sirius in 10 minutes

Heitz

Summary:

No plans by the Bills for Vick.

Great buzz, reaction, and atmosphere for TO at camp, who has enlivened the fan base.

TO raising the level of play of those around him.

Feeling at camp is it may be 3-5 days for Maybin, quicker for Wood.

Maybin needs to get in as he is a raw, unfinished product. Potential to be inserted as pass rushing OLB.

Schobel says he's feeling as good as he did 2 years ago, before injury.

Good chance DL will be better, but concern with Ellison at OLB.

Marshawn needs to prove he's turned a new leaf. The type of guy you root for.

Future of Bills in WNY with Buff, Roch, and Syr population in decline. JW says we haven't seen the effects of that with regards to season ticket sales, although prices are amongst lowest in league. Canadian season ticket base made a big leap this season.

Offbeat question about getting too much information from sports personalities these days.

Summary:

No plans by the Bills for Vick.

Great buzz, reaction, and atmosphere for TO at camp, who has enlivened the fan base.

TO raising the level of play of those around him.

Feeling at camp is it may be 3-5 days for Maybin, quicker for Wood.

Maybin needs to get in as he is a raw, unfinished product. Potential to be inserted as pass rushing OLB.

Schobel says he's feeling as good as he did 2 years ago, before injury.

Good chance DL will be better, but concern with Ellison at OLB.

Marshawn needs to prove he's turned a new leaf. The type of guy you root for.

Future of Bills in WNY with Buff, Roch, and Syr population in decline. JW says we haven't seen the effects of that with regards to season ticket sales, although prices are amongst lowest in league. Canadian season ticket base made a big leap this season.Offbeat question about getting too much information from sports personalities these days.

I really think we need to embrace even 2 Toronto games per year if we are to keep the Bills viable in WNY for the longer term. I know it seems wrong (and sad) but the financial reality is there. After all, how many $80 dollar jerseys can Buffalo absorb, not to mention selling box seats and the stadium as a whole? And the bills are not a 'storied' franchise a la the Packers where fans from allover are buying their stuff and making special trips to see their games; by anjd large most Bills fans have their roots in the Buffalo area.

I like the Toronto game and hope they expand a little on it (not too much) in order to cultivate these free spending canucks.

I really think we need to embrace even 2 Toronto games per year if we are to keep the Bills viable in WNY for the longer term. I know it seems wrong (and sad) but the financial reality is there. After all, how many $80 dollar jerseys can Buffalo absorb, not to mention selling box seats and the stadium as a whole? And the bills are not a 'storied' franchise a la the Packers where fans from allover are buying their stuff and making special trips to see their games; by anjd large most Bills fans have their roots in the Buffalo area.

I like the Toronto game and hope they expand a little on it (not too much) in order to cultivate these free spending canucks.

Mmmm... yes and no. I've traveled extensively in my career and been to countless sports bars. It's always heartwarming to see a good sized group of Bills fans everywhere. Yes, the vast majority are from WNY originally, but IMO- it speaks to the population of NYS that there are soo many fans. From what I've seen, we have a larger national fan base than the Jets -another NY team.

FWIW, this homer believes we ARE a storied franchise. :rolleyes:

And the bills are not a 'storied' franchise a la the Packers where fans from allover are buying their stuff and making special trips to see their games; by anjd large most Bills fans have their roots in the Buffalo area.

I think there are MANY Buffalo expatriots out there like myself who go to at least one game a year, and who buy plenty of Bills gear. But I agree with your overall point that people need to see the bigger picture and embrace the Toronto venture as a life support mechanism for the franchise. If you are tied to WNY and don't "get out much" its hard to step back and realize just how small and economically weak WNY is compared to the major markets around the league.

I think there are MANY Buffalo expatriots out there like myself who go to at least one game a year, and who buy plenty of Bills gear. But I agree with your overall point that people need to see the bigger picture and embrace the Toronto venture as a life support mechanism for the franchise. If you are tied to WNY and don't "get out much" its hard to step back and realize just how small and economically weak WNY is compared to the major markets around the league.

Thats kind of my point, the fans are in general Buffalo expats out there. Packers, Steelers and some others have many many fans theat were born in all parts of the country much more than Buffalo does.

Thats kind of my point, the fans are in general Buffalo expats out there. Packers, Steelers and some others have many many fans theat were born in all parts of the country much more than Buffalo does.

I get your point, and I agree. Most Bills fans located away from WNY have direct ties to the WNY area and are not "random" fans.