Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/25/09 PM

As you all know, I try to get to Training Camp as much as possible. I had to work last night and didn't get a chance to type my report up until this morning. Here's my camp report from yesterday afternoon and my photos....

It's Here! The Buffalo Bills Training Camp has officially begun and this time, something was different. That's right, it was Terrell Owens' first Training Camp practice as a member of the Buffalo Bills. If yesterday was any indictation, T.O. will definitely enjoy being a Buffalo Bill. The fans came out in droves, as St. John Fisher College was packed for both practices. Many of them were wearing #81 jerseys and screaming his name or cheering when he caught the ball. The excitement from the crowd actually reminded me of a home pre-season game. All that was missing was the tailgating. As for the practice itself, Coach Jauron had the players start off slow, by not wearing pads and not allowing much contact. The team worked on a few special teams drills, individual drills with their own units, 7-on-7 and of course the 11-on-11 full team drill.

As the players filtered out of the locker room, one by one, they each walked onto the field and began to warm up. The last player on the field was Terrell Owens, who likes to make an entrance as he comes out of the locker room. He slowly walked toward sideline and waved to the fans, who were chanting his name and cheering their new player. After he walked onto the field, the horn was blown and the work began.

The first thing on the list was some basic Special Teams drills with Bobby April. The players spent the time listening to Coach April as he taught them where to line up, using special markers on the field. They worked on this for a few minutes and then the horn sounded. The next drill was some individual work with the players spending some time with their position coaches. They worked on this for a bit and then went back to some more special teams work. This time, the players took what they learned about lining up for the punt and used it without the markers on the field. Brian Moorman used the time to wow the fans with several 65-70 yard punts from the end zone. One of them was 70-yards and had unbelievable hang time. As he did this, there were several players who fielded the punts, including Roscoe Parrish, Leodis McKelvin, Fred Jackson, Dominic Rhodes and Bruce Hall. Parrish and McKelvin showed good hands catching a couple of tough ones..............

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Thanks for the news, Mike!

I also read on BB.com that Shawn Nelson was getting sprinkled in with the starting unit. We can only hope!

No problem. Yeah Nelson took 1st team reps in the 7-on-7 drill today and looked good. He was also thrown to a lot in the other drills. I will have more about today's practice, tomorrow morning after I get out of work tonight.