Re-Post Direct TV Subscribers - Easy Instructions on Discounting

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To further confirm, if you are a "loyal customer" they are still offering to reduce the Sunday Ticket price to 6 payments of $24.99, and give you SuperFan for free. I just hung up the phone a minute ago.

Sunday Ticket (plus SuperFan) for $150. You can't beat it.

Frez,

Bad .... no HBO or Cinemax on demand. I was not told this but when I asked they listed showtime and starz so I assumed something that I should not have. Should they mention that? I think so but I understand them not being so forthcoming. For one of my other tv's they sent me a HD box instead of a SD DVR and if I wanted to change it right then the entire order would have to been canceled and rescheduled. This is me being picky but no back light on the remote seems foolish. Again me being picky but I had not idea how much I used the clock on the cable box there is not a clock on the hd dvr box and it has caused some wondering what time it is. Again, picky but a real world problem as minor as it is. No exercise tv on demand either ...that sucks

Good

free nfl ticket and TONS and I mean TONS of HD channels. I do not know what provider you have now but Time warner did not carry the nfl network and let me just say this as a bills/football fan I had no idea what I was missing. The HD DVR has a media extender in it so you can stream your computer video's music and pictures right from you computer to your tv. It is not perfect but I had no idea that it was available it connected immediately and had already impressed the wife as it is much easier than the xbox 360 to do the same thing. There is an action function that puts up the local weather and some other crap.. There is a app store function that shows scores of games as well as does some other things but I have not explored it much. Perhaps a member here could explain them to the both of us? There are many more channels that have on demand service than time warner i.e. syfy, noggin and many many others. My reception is better on most channels but not all. The installer was great and did everything I asked. He mentioned this is a good time to order b/c at the middle of Aug they get killed with calls as the football season is about to start. My order from call to install was less than 2 days. If you do order they have a refer a friend that will give you an additional 100 off your bill. I would be happy to submit my account number to you to give you and me the discount. (selfless promotion)

I am sure there are other headaches and benefits that I am not aware of. I happy to have order the service and can't believe I waited as long as I did.

If anyone could answer about a backlit remote(if there is one), what the apps and action functions do that would be great.

You can buy a remote through Direct TV that is backlit. I think it cost between $20-$30. Just give them a call.

To further confirm, if you are a "loyal customer" they are still offering to reduce the Sunday Ticket price to 6 payments of $24.99, and give you SuperFan for free. I just hung up the phone a minute ago.

Sunday Ticket (plus SuperFan) for $150. You can't beat it.

Exactly what I got this morning. -must have been a pretty busy day for ..um.. cancellations. :beer:

Still, it's a damn shame that A.) It cost SO MUCH, B.) You have to 'play games' with your best 'high stakes face' with your chips being a service you really want..

This thread makes me feel bad for the multitude of folks getting reemed with the advertised price.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprized if there are 31 other threads just like this one with all the other NFL team sites.

Exactly what I got this morning. -must have been a pretty busy day for ..um.. cancellations. :beer:

Still, it's a damn shame that A.) It cost SO MUCH, B.) You have to 'play games' with your best 'high stakes face' with your chips being a service you really want..

This thread makes me feel bad for the multitude of folks getting reemed with the advertised price.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprized if there are 31 other threads just like this one with all the other NFL team sites.

I took a little different approach this time. I've been a customer since June of 1995 (yes, 1995) so I played that angle. I told them that I've probably been a customer longer than 99% of their customers and I feel like I'm being raked over the coals with the Sunday Ticket price. I never threatened to cancel, just told them I was disappointed and wondered what they could do. Was transferred to an extremely friendly guy named Joe who offered me the discounts without so much as a hint of resistance.

I took a little different approach this time. I've been a customer since June of 1995 (yes, 1995) so I played that angle. I told them that I've probably been a customer longer than 99% of their customers and I feel like I'm being raked over the coals with the Sunday Ticket price. I never threatened to cancel, just told them I was disappointed and wondered what they could do. Was transferred to an extremely friendly guy named Joe who offered me the discounts without so much as a hint of resistance.

June 1996 for me. Tenure at D* has its benefits :beer:

Ditto.

I seriously considered this approach. Since '95 for me as well. Where I decided to play the game featured in this thread is because a new Super Sports Bar just opened about 100 steps from my place and will likely become Chattanooga's biggest NFL bar this season. So playing the 'I gotta drop it' ruse was backed up with stumblin' home every Sunday. I just prefer to watch the games in the comfort of my own home.

IMO, it just sucks that I feel like I've won, by bitchin' down the price.. :beer:

Couldn't agree more. That's why I posted that I confirmed the original posters deal, and even got the additional SF for free. I'm fortunate enough that I can afford the Sunday Ticket, but I have a couple of workers who are huge NFL fans that I know would switch to DTV if the price was actually the $150 that you can get if you "call and B word".

I mean, cmon, just offer it at $150, and I really think many more people would pick up DTV and the NFL package.

Exactly what I got this morning. -must have been a pretty busy day for ..um.. cancellations. :rolleyes:

I just called and got the exact same deal...total discount of $220 ($120 off SundayTicket and $99 free SuperFan). I think it is a good idea if there are 31 other threads out there saying the same thing and eveyone is calling...maybe DirecTV would get the message that they are gouging their customers and the NFL is gouging their fans and people are not going to pay this much $$ for what they are offering!

I just called and got the exact same deal...total discount of $220 ($120 off SundayTicket and $99 free SuperFan). I think it is a good idea if there are 31 other threads out there saying the same thing and eveyone is calling...maybe DirecTV would get the message that they are gouging their customers and the NFL is gouging their fans and people are not going to pay this much $$ for what they are offering!

It wouldn't surprize me if the rules change next year, given this onslaught. I've bemoaned for years that I'd prefer to pay much less for JUST the Bills games -an Out-of-Towner Season Ticket, as it were. I wonder if this isn't exactly what the league and DTV are up to with this. Sure, my Bills Only tix will cost at least half of the full ticket, but I'd seriously consider it as all the other hi-lite shows will provide me other game action.. bastages.. :rolleyes:

I just called and got the exact same deal...total discount of $220 ($120 off SundayTicket and $99 free SuperFan). I think it is a good idea if there are 31 other threads out there saying the same thing and eveyone is calling...maybe DirecTV would get the message that they are gouging their customers and the NFL is gouging their fans and people are not going to pay this much $ for what they are offering!

How many of the people who are calling would really have cancelled Sunday Ticket if there was no deal? I doubt very many would have.

I'm surprised by the deep discount -- I would've thought Superfan for free would've been enough of an incentive to keep most people. With the discounts, it's cheaper now than it used to be 5 years ago!

Just got off phone and got the 24.99 deal with free Superfan. What a great site. I did cancel my NHL package and got no offer for a lower package price. Will be interesting to see if I get a call in a few days with offer. If not, I'm fine without it.

Just got off phone and got the 24.99 deal with free Superfan. What a great site. I did cancel my NHL package and got no offer for a lower package price. Will be interesting to see if I get a call in a few days with offer. If not, I'm fine without it.

Welcome to the board Roj! I dropped Center Ice last year after the Drury/Briere fiasco and didn't miss it. When/IF the Sabres return to respectability, I'll get it again.

Chime in where you see fit! :blush:

How many of the people who are calling would really have cancelled Sunday Ticket if there was no deal? I doubt very many would have.

I'm surprised by the deep discount -- I would've thought Superfan for free would've been enough of an incentive to keep most people. With the discounts, it's cheaper now than it used to be 5 years ago!

I believe I paid $139 back in 1996. So, $150 in 2009 is pretty unbelievable.

I called and spoke with two people. I ended up getting $120 off before they called my bluff. They probably have a note on my account because I've had Directv for 8 yrs and I've called in to get "freebies" before. I look at it more like a "good customer" discount. I just want similar treatment to what they give new subscribers....so occassionally I'll call in and get free movie channels for 3 months and stuff like that. Anyway, I wasn't going to take it any further because I do want my NFL Ticket, etc.. I was happy to get what I got.

There's another thread covering this, but for the most part if you've been a customer for any length of time you can get Sunday Ticket and Superfan for a total of $150 (6 mos. at $24.99/mo.).