How Lee Evans spent his summer vacation ...

Lori

From Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter: Fitzgerald fights complacency by hosting receiver camp in Minnesota

This is supposed to be a quiet time in the NFL, with players and coaches enjoying the final two weeks of vacation before the start of training camp. Yet the noise coming out of Minneapolis cannot be ignored.

A PhD course for wide receivers is taking place inside the newly constructed football stadium at the University of Minnesota, where last week's instructor was Jerry Rice, the future first-ballot Hall of Famer who holds every major receiving record, and this week's professor is Cris Carter, whose 130 touchdown catches rank fourth in league history.

When Evans glanced at the players assembled, he shook his head. It's one thing to get guys to train in Miami during their free time, but Minneapolis? The gathering was a testament to Fitzgerald's powers of persuasion and the players' desire to get better.

"It's an opportunity for me to get a chance to come out here and see some of the things that they do, to work with Cris Carter a little bit and see how he sees things, just be around the guys," says Evans. "I couldn't make it last week when Jerry was here, but I definitely wanted to come up and see what Cris had to say. It's a good deal anytime you can hear something different and try to diversify your game a little bit.

"The way Cris teaches us to run a route, I never heard it put that way. What he was teaching wasn't new. It's just the way he said it that you could relate to. Like they always say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. You've got to find what works for you. It may or may not help you, but it worked for him and you see what kind of career he had."

I came across that article as well, Lori.

As soon as I saw the headline I was hoping that Evans was one of the players in attendance...it can't do anything but help.

I've always had the impression that he was a tremendous worker, and this certainly doesn't do anything to dissuade me from thinking that, I think--assuming Edwards improves and stays healthy--he's in for a BIG year.

Guest dog14787

I really hope Lee Evans has the break out year everyone expects him to have because Lee is the perfect example of what you want from a professional athlete. Class act on and off the field, minds his business, leads by example.

You just can't say enough about Lee Evans.

This is a sure sign that Lee Evans is a dedicated worker both off the field and on. Surely, he will benefit from being around this kind of talent and technique. It's also a sure sign that we need to cough up the coin to keep Owens to deflect attention from Evans so he can deliver on his potential.

Okay. The first day, no, my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up.

Then, I went downtown to look for a job.

Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.

The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up.

Then I went downtown to look for a job.

Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.

The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up...

I really hope Lee Evans has the break out year everyone expects him to have because Lee is the perfect example of what you want from a professional athlete. Class act on and off the field, minds his business, leads by example.

You just can't say enough about Lee Evans.

:thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Evans is going to have a monster year and he's already off to the best start of any receiver in Bills history.

You know your right, and when you think about it Lee Evans is still a pup, its just hard to imagine him that way because he seems like a ten year vet already.