I would just like to know

Dude, no one is going to buy this. You were talking about recruiting tapes years ago.

Again, most people here will continue to harp on your obsession with his football career and compare that to your laissez-faire attitude about his school work. Where was your post bemoaning his plummeting grades and your struggles to get his academic career on track? Have you asked yourself what the heck your kid is going to do when he hangs up his cleats? Has he asked it of himself?

Telling us that you want him to have a "better life" doesn't make a lick of sense given the current situation. How is that going to happen playing D1 college football? Those dots don't connect for 99.99% of players. His real chance at a "better life" is an education. His poor grades now are just setting him up for failure in school later... If you don't realize that then a 17 year old probably won't either.

SDS.....this is why you dont understand the situation.

I am basically the resident @sshole in the house because I harp on everybody's (to include my daughters) grades....

Just to give you a for instance.

They have something in our schools called edline. It gives the scores on work, tests, etc and a way to send emails to the teachers.......I get reports of progress DAILY via my email. I also have standing instructions with all of my kids teachers that if they run into any problems...see anything wrong dont hesitate to call, email, whatever.

I get a morning report on things.....I am sending out texts to my kids by afternoon both praising them for work well done and getting on their case for not doing well......finding out why......in my sons case trying to get him tutored especially in his math.

I dont want to hear anybody say I didnt think that was important when I put in that much @ucking work to try to right that ship. I just couldn't do it. I took everything away but his sports....phone, car privileges, computer......everything but that.

If the fact that I didn't take that last thing away makes me a bad parent then so be it.....but it was not that I didnt care about the academics.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if that was the year he was supposed to learn trigonometry - how is he expected to learn calculus? And while his Junior year may be over, is there any indication this has stopped and his Senior year will be better? You haven't given any indication that the academic bleeding has stopped.

Because he is going to be doing extra math in his senior year and is even taking a course at the local community college that counts for extra credits in that area.

I also made the mistake of trying to let the school tutor him in a group type setting......he has a personal tutor from the local community college one on one this year. I am working with his student councilor to right this ship.

I did not LIVE through my son....I simply wanted him to have it better then I did. I did not push football on him I just tried to help him where I could.

You have a household filled with love. Maybe some resent that.

Ignore these pin dick, pinchfart comments that have been posted, wagging tongues and wagging fingers at this time of woe for you and yours.

Real friends don't rub things in your face when you are down. False ones relish in telling you "I told you so."

Ignore these pin dick, pinchfart comments that have been posted, wagging tongues and wagging fingers at this time of woe for you and yours.

Real friends don't rub things in your face when you are down. False ones relish in telling you "I told you so."

:thumbsup:

you, of all people, just didn't write that did you? :P

thanks cinci

Because he is going to be doing extra math in his senior year and is even taking a course at the local community college that counts for extra credits in that area.

I also made the mistake of trying to let the school tutor him in a group type setting......he has a personal tutor from the local community college one on one this year. I am working with his student councilor to right this ship.

You should of probably took the football away when the grades started slipping. That you did not take the football away tells me you put your sons sports career ahead of his academics. Ah what are you going to do. This parenting is not easy & it does not come with a hand book. You do the best you can & then hope your kids turn out alright. I will say getting him a one on one tutor is an excellent start. I would of never got thru statistics in college without a tutor.

Be a pal, and point out that that was a post I deleted over a matter of 2 minutes, in answer to Ramius...that I thought the better of...

Yes, I see how people may see that as a reference to John.

So to make sure everyone knows and does not misinterpret, Ramius is Dr. Douche.

:thumbsup:

you, of all people, just didn't write that did you? :P

I take my shots, Scott. But never directed at a man's personal sadness - but often and surely directed at general uncivility and I clearly use whatever personally edifying term of condemnation that strikes me at the moment.

How's that?

P.S. "How's that" is also a cricket term. Look it up. I would have been slaughtered years ago but for the fact that I have a concealed carry permit. :(

I take my shots, Scott. But never directed at a man's personal sadness - but often and surely directed at general uncivility and I clearly use whatever personally edifying term of condemnation that strikes me at the moment.

How's that?

P.S. "How's that" is also a cricket term. Look it up. I would have been slaughtered years ago but for the fact that I have a concealed carry permit. :thumbsup:

It's more like HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!?????

I've played in the slips.

I don't think there has been a single uncivil post in this thread, if that is what you're implying (surprising - yes). There have been many direct posts, but nothing uncivil.

huh? :thumbsup:

While I asked for it by posting it on this board the majority of the posts while people are weighing in with their opinions have been down right inflammitory.....and yours were some of the most "direct"

There was a time on this board when people didn't treat each other like this. But this is what the board has become. It will most definatley be my last post of this kind.

Yes, I see how people may see that as a reference to John.

So to make sure everyone knows and does not misinterpret, Ramius is Dr. Douche.

Wrong.

It was meant for DC Tom. And Dr. Douche is your term, so don't lay that on me.

This is a common happenstance. One writes a post, thinks to add or perhaps delete it, so goes into edit mode. Meanwhile someone (GG in this case), "Hot Pockets" the original post, which is undergoing editing by the originator. Myself, I try to let 5 minutes elapse before a response, unless I happen to be in the heat of battle with a foe.

It's more like HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!?????

I've played in the slips.

I am impressed.

Uttering such terms of historic usage will get you in trouble with the American educational establishment, a group dedicated to the implementation of Orwell's "1984" party slogan: "Who controls the past, controls the future..."

While I asked for it by posting it on this board the majority of the posts while people are weighing in with their opinions have been down right inflammitory.....and yours were some of the most "direct"

There was a time on this board when people didn't treat each other like this. But this is what the board has become. It will most definatley be my last post of this kind.

John

A JUCO would be a good start for him. He can build his grades while not getting caught up in a big college atmosphere. He could learn the proper study habits he would need to take along to a larger school should he progress athletically to one.

Like anyone who has ever been to college can tell you, there are no short cuts, no one really looks out for your well being and grades but YOU. They have your money and get paid wether the student passes or fails.

Let me know the results of the MRI once you get that straitened out. Lots of ICE and rest.

John

A JUCO would be a good start for him. He can build his grades while not getting caught up in a big college atmosphere. He could learn the proper study habits he would need to take along to a larger school should he progress athletically to one.

Like anyone who has ever been to college can tell you, there are no short cuts, no one really looks out for your well being and grades but YOU. They have your money and get paid wether the student passes or fails.

Let me know the results of the MRI once you get that straitened out. Lots of ICE and rest.

Part of the pain in this is now even the JUCO route is in jepardy.......if he misses this upcoming year he has no senior year film to show a JUCO coach.

He will problably end up going to a local JUCO after high school no matter what....it is my hope that all of this has scared him into understanding he really needs to focus on the academic part of it like that is the true reason why he is there....sports are only a means to an end.

Wrong.

It was meant for DC Tom. And Dr. Douche is your term, so don't lay that on me.

This is a common happenstance. One writes a post, thinks to add or perhaps delete it, so goes into edit mode. Meanwhile someone (GG in this case), "Hot Pockets" the original post, which is undergoing editing by the originator. Myself, I try to let 5 minutes elapse before a response, unless I happen to be in the heat of battle with a foe.

That's fine and dandy. But how does it eliminate the fact that Ramius is Dr. Douche?

And I've never insinuated that the term was yours. I can't take credit for it either, other than admitting that it has a nice ring to it - Dr. Douche Ramius or Dr. Ramius Douche.