Harris and Lankster signed

We have about 19 days to the start of TC. (Whoo Hoo!) Signings should be a near daily thing now.

The VERY best part of this month is knowing inane, off season threads wil quickly be shelved for 5-6 months!!

:thumbdown::thumbdown::w00t:

Some people are never happy. People cry when people are signed early or late. It never fails. Please go outside and see the sunshine.

No matter the result, people want to spin everything as proof of how incompetant/cheap/clueless/braindead/etc our FO is.

PTR

Bills sign pair of draft picks

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

Posted Jul 7, 2009

The Buffalo Bills checked a few players off their draft list in terms of signings as they reached agreements with sixth-round pick Cary Harris and seventh-round pick Ellis Lankster on Tuesday. Contract terms were not disclosed in accordance with team policy.

Harris (5’11” 187) was a three-year starter for USC at cornerback, but was slowed in the spring OTAs by a hamstring injury that kept him out of action for more than two weeks.

He did return for the mandatory minicamp and made some plays here and there. The former Trojan saw most of his action at left cornerback with the second and third team defenses.

Meanwhile Lankster (5’9” 190) could be a major sleeper for the Bills in training camp later this month. The West Virginia product was one of the most impressive rookies this spring making several plays on the ball during team work and 7-on-7.

“I’m just committed to working hard every day and doing what I can to help this team,” Lankster said during OTAs this spring.

Lankster got reps with the second and third team defensive units throughout the spring practices, and was even sprinkled in with the starters when injuries left the coaching staff short-handed at cornerback.

He showed a good ability to break on the ball and anticipate. Unofficially he had three interceptions and four pass breakups during the spring practice sessions.

The two cornerbacks will enter training camp trying to earn a spot in a deep cornerback corps, which includes veterans Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner.

Harris and Lankster are the first two draft picks to sign with the club. Buffalo still has six draft choices left to sign prior to the opening of training camp on July 25th including top picks Aaron Maybin and Eric Wood.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...51-78aecba2d11a

Honestly, I know it's going to be a long fight for a rookie cap, but it seems like the easiest thing to do is to lock rounds 4-7 onto standard contracts. How much variation are there in those things?

Those guys also seem like the players who could benefit most by being under contract as early as possible. Not that there are any hold outs, but still - get them some certainty before they even take the field for OTAs.

I heard a Pats* reporter the other day bragging about their receivers, " I don't know what the BILLS are going to do, they will need about 10 corners"

I had to scratch my head on that one for a few minutes.

Let's think about this. The odds are that NO ONE, not even the Pats*, are going to put more than five (5) receivers on the field on any one play. As such, even if the Bills DID have 10 cornerbacks, one would assume that half of them would be picking splinters out of their collective backsides on even the most pass-happy of formations.

Is this musclehead thinking, therefore, that the Pats* are going to run a 10-receiver set? I mean....Brady* and 10 receivers? I'm a patient man who views things in the long term, but I could see death occuring within seconds. I would, of course, be happy.

How do these homers keep drawing a paycheck?

Honestly, I know it's going to be a long fight for a rookie cap, but it seems like the easiest thing to do is to lock rounds 4-7 onto standard contracts. How much variation are there in those things?

Those guys also seem like the players who could benefit most by being under contract as early as possible. Not that there are any hold outs, but still - get them some certainty before they even take the field for OTAs.

I believe in a rookie cap. However, as far as compromises go, silvermike, I like your idea very much.

No matter the result, people want to spin everything as proof of how incompetent/cheap/clueless/braindead/etc our FO is.

PTR

Sounds like you are saying some, fans or media members, are trolls no matter what they claim.

Is this musclehead thinking, therefore, that the Pats* are going to run a 10-receiver set?

If anyone could get away with it, it is the Patriots*. Not because of talent but because Zebras would fail to call the penalties any other team would get for illegal formations.