Not trying to start WW3

Interesting article today on SI.Com. MLB's are a dying breed, thanks in part to offenses taking them away.

According to this article, MLB's are the 3rd lowest paid position in the NFL. Only Tight Ends and Kickers make less.. :thumbdown:

Where have you gone, Dick Butkus?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...kers/index.html

I agree, Seinfeld is the best sitcom EVER! However, I do disagree with one point you made. In my opinion, Joe Davola is the best minor character in that show!

Elaine: "Oh, you scared me!"

Crazy Joe Davola: "Good. Fear is our most primal emotion."

Crazy Joe Davola: "So tell me Kramer, you still afraid of clowns?"

Kramer: "Yeah..."

That the FO hasn't addressed the 'Ellison issue' to date, tells me they believe in Bowen & Ellis. At least they want to see them on field before investing anew.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Ellison will probably start the season at OLB, but if Bowen or Ellis are any good we'll probably see one of them take over in mid-season.

;)

I agree, Seinfeld is the best sitcom EVER! However, I do disagree with one point you made. In my opinion, Joe Davola is the best minor character in that show!

I hate Joe Davola. Dude just creeped me out. C.Biscuit liked Jimmy the best because C.Biscuit liked the way Jimmy talked.

Interesting article today on SI.Com. MLB's are a dying breed, thanks in part to offenses taking them away.

According to this article, MLB's are the 3rd lowest paid position in the NFL. Only Tight Ends and Kickers make less.. ;)

Where have you gone, Dick Butkus?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...kers/index.html

It's because the use of 3-4 defenses and MLBs don't generate the big money #s (sacks and INTs) that outside LBs do. But there are still a bunch of really good MLBs, so great ones: Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Patrick Willis, etc.

It's because the use of 3-4 defenses and MLBs don't generate the big money #s (sacks and INTs) that outside LBs do. But there are still a bunch of really good MLBs, so great ones: Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Patrick Willis, etc.

Willis is a ILB in the 3-4 defense ;)

I think it would be great if the NFL had some sort of "training camp" where teams worked out a bunch of times to find the best players at each position before the season starts. ;)

:D

As of now, my microchips calculate that:

Ellison has the edge (65%) to Pat Thomas (15%) to Bowen (10%) to Harris (7%) to Ashlee Palmer (3%).

After this "training camp" you speak of, I expect it to be

Ellison (55%) starting Preseason Game 1 over Bowen (45%). Pat Thomas will be hurt (again), Harris will back up Bowen, and Ashlee Palmer will be cut. Bowen will be listed as the back up for Mitchell on the other side.

True. Most great D's hide at least one 'weak link'/replaceable player. That the FO hasn't addressed the 'Ellison issue' to date, tells me they believe in Bowen & Ellis. At least they want to see them on field before investing anew.

So do I.

Bowen was a tackling machine in college, and made some noise in camp before sustaining his injury in the pre-season. Nic Harris is another "tweener" who showed great athleticism, versatility, and playmaking ability while playing in a "power conference." I could see either/both of these players making an impact at linebacker/special teams this season. Let's see how it shakes out in training camp. If things are looking shaky......then MAYBE take a look at free-agency.

On a separate note, I think that defensive tackle is a greater need for our defense right now. I don't know about anyone else, but I was praying that BJ Raji would slip to us at 12. LETS MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN FOR JOHN HENDERSON!!!!!

Buffalo?? Great Defense?? This Year??...-lets shoot for good.That would be huge. Great? ...maybe in 010 or 011 if we get more front 7 help.

they already had a good defence. The defence was good enough to hold them in games, the problem was an offence that was afraid of the end zone last season. The Bills would have been a playoff team last year if the offence could score a TD more a game last season.

They weren't a "great" defence, or one that could make up for having such a pathetic offence, but they were not the weak link to the team.

Elaine: You left your door open

Joe: I like to encourage intruders

Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld.

Listen, I know sometimes I tend to be a jerk on here, but let me try and be diplomatic about this: Seinfeld is the greatest show of all-time. HOWEVER, the last three seasons of Seinfeld are horrendous (basically after Susan dies and Larry David leaves the show). But when Seinfeld was in its absolute prime (92-95), Curb doesn't even sniff it. Thus, I would put Curb ahead of Seinfeld the first two seasons and certainly the last three seasons, but well below Seinfeld in its prime. I mean come on, the Keith Hernandez episodes were on the last couple nights- those are absolutely untouchable. And with Curb, yeah I get it, Larry David unintentionally offends someone with something he says and everyone has an issue with him, you have to admit it does get kind of redundant after a while...

Listen, I know sometimes I tend to be a jerk on here, but let me try and be diplomatic about this: Seinfeld is the greatest show of all-time. HOWEVER, the last three seasons of Seinfeld are horrendous (basically after Susan dies and Larry David leaves the show). But when Seinfeld was in its absolute prime (92-95), Curb doesn't even sniff it. Thus, I would put Curb ahead of Seinfeld the first two seasons and certainly the last three seasons, but well below Seinfeld in its prime. I mean come on, the Keith Hernandez episodes were on the last couple nights- those are absolutely untouchable. And with Curb, yeah I get it, Larry David unintentionally offends someone with something he says and everyone has an issue with him, you have to admit it does get kind of redundant after a while...

I dont find Curb that funny. Cant touch seinfeld. Once in a while David can be funny when he is being a total arsewhoole..but mostly in seems forced.