Could Ellis Lankster Be a Surprise Pick & Make the 53 Man Roster?

I'm thinking its going to be either Florence or Youboty who gets cut unless Lankster really tanks in PS. I'd almost bet its Youboty just because the guy can't keep himself on the field.

I'm thinking its going to be either Florence or Youboty who gets cut unless Lankster really tanks in PS. I'd almost bet its Youboty just because the guy can't keep himself on the field.

I think it's gotta be Florence. You just don't cut a fourth year player who can play to keep a vet on the team to sit and watch. They had no problem cutting Will James last year and I don't think anyone in the organization sees Florence as anythign more than a guy to have in case someone gets hurt. If he was going to play one of the top three spots, I would say he stays, but since that looks like a long shot barring injuries, I'd bet he's out if Lankister stays. They always wanted a guy who they could count on the play the nickel role and when Youboty proved capable before injury last season and Corner seems capable this season, I can't see why you'd hang on to him. It's possible he wouldn't even dress, depending on what he does on ST.

Somebodies in the Bills braintrust went out of there way to acquire Florence so clearly they have something in mind for him such that it does not strike me that Florence's fate is going to be determined by cap issues.

See: Will James 2008

Florence will get cut. Do people forget that Youboty may have been the best CB on the entire team before he got hurt last year?