Steve McNair found shot to death

Really, Dean? You left the part out where even he said he thinks it looks like murder/suicide. Maybe I overestimated you. You can't follow the path the cops have been leading us down? McNair took two shots to the body, two to the head. She had one in the head. All shots from the same gun, which was found underneath her body, which was lying close to his. The door was locked, as his roommate had to use his key to get in. They are not pursuing any suspects. Not sure it's speculation, as it doesn't leave much to the imagination.

I suspect the reason the cops are releasing facts before formally pronouncing the classification of her death is because they are very confident with the direction the investigation is taking them. They already know it was murder/suicide. They just need to dot all I's and cross all T's before they formally make that pronouncement.

This is all of course just idle speculation. :flirt:

I left that out, as Bill noted it looked like that based on the info to date, but even he said he wouldn't speculate quite yet. According to you all, it's a done deal, except for the details. But sometimes things aren't as they first appear.

Creepy game you all are playing...but it's your right. Have fun!

EDITED

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I suppose. I find it odd that people choose their entertainment speculating on how McNair might have died, the day after he was shot. But then again, I find humor in pretty strange places, too. Of course I don't torture myself by watching the horrible assortment of half-wits and dimwits on the various TV shows, or blogs sites, discussing this.

But to each their own. I retract my previous admonishment!

It's not "humor"...it's the intellectual exercise of trying to puzzle things out. And generally, when you're wrong, you learn something.

I do the same thing (to excess, really...that's why people think I'm arrogant, not because I think I know everything, but because I try to understand everything. That...and because I'm a conceited SOB.)

The crazy Iranian girl shot Steve and popped herself.

Steve was a hell of a guy, but he loved (LOVED) the ladies. It's been going on for years. You would never find a bigger p-hound than Steve.

That said, he was a great guy and did a lot for charity in Tennessee and Mississippi.

What?

It's not "humor"...it's the intellectual exercise of trying to puzzle things out. And generally, when you're wrong, you learn something.

I do the same thing (to excess, really...that's why people think I'm arrogant, not because I think I know everything, but because I try to understand everything. That...and because I'm a conceited SOB.)

I do it too, for most everything...but generally not celebrity-related stuff.

I'm pretty sure that I was the poster that you beat down ............ re the "missle". Is it me, or is it getting warm in here?

I don't think so...although there's been more than one "Hey, look at this web site, raises some questions doesn't it?" posters over the years.

What galls me about the Pentagon conspiracy theories is that thei're invariably propagated by people who are going off a half-dozen grainy photographs, and snowball from there. I recall one that gave a very detailed analysis of the sight lines and angles at which two photographs were taken that, combined with the size of the Pentagon and the helipad, mathematically proved beyond any doubt that it was a supersonic cruise missile that hit the Pentagon...except that it got all the angles and distances wrong, as could be easily seen by a fifteen minute visit to the area. :flirt:

I do it too, for most everything...but generally not celebrity-related stuff.

I do it for crime related stuff. Mostly because abnormal psych is a kind-of personal hobby for me. (And yes, you can all go ahead and crack jokes.)

Which also goes back to the whole "You people really don't want to know what sort of stuff I read" thing...

Great read. McNair was truly a class act. I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about him, in relation to his on or off the field conduct.

unfortunately, it seems his off field conduct is what got him killed...

I don't think so...although there's been more than one "Hey, look at this web site, raises some questions doesn't it?" posters over the years.

What galls me about the Pentagon conspiracy theories is that thei're invariably propagated by people who are going off a half-dozen grainy photographs, and snowball from there. I recall one that gave a very detailed analysis of the sight lines and angles at which two photographs were taken that, combined with the size of the Pentagon and the helipad, mathematically proved beyond any doubt that it was a supersonic cruise missile that hit the Pentagon...except that it got all the angles and distances wrong, as could be easily seen by a fifteen minute visit to the area. :lol:

A friend of mine believes that the planes that hit the towers were actually military planes and there's a big conspiracy to cover it up. The towers imploded like they were professionally destroyed and tower seven didn't implode until hours later. :flirt:

When I ask what they did with all of the people who were on the planes he seems a bit hedgy. He isn't willing to admit the government exterminated them.

A friend of mine believes that the planes that hit the towers were actually military planes and there's a big conspiracy to cover it up. The towers imploded like they were professionally destroyed and tower seven didn't implode until hours later. :flirt:

When I ask what they did with all of the people who were on the planes he seems a bit hedgy. He isn't willing to admit the government exterminated them.

He thinks they were military planes...that looked like commercial airliners? He knows there is footage of the planes hitting the towers, right? And that the towers collapsed hours later from the steel melting from the heat?

He thinks they were military planes...that looked like commercial airliners? He knows there is footage of the planes hitting the towers, right? And that the towers collapsed hours later from the steel melting from the heat?

george bush did it

Just getting in from a weekend away...

Absolutely shocked to hear this news yesterday afternoon. Although the "warrior" talk may be a bit over the top -- the guys and gals putting their lives at risk every day in Iraq and Afghanistan are warriors; multimillionaires playing a game not so much -- I always respected McNair's toughness.

Yeah, I have my own suspicions about what happened in that condo, but checking the back page of this thread tells me that 1.) I'm better off keeping them to myself, and 2.) I probably don't want to read Pages 1-7.

R.I.P., No. 9.

Absolutely shocked to hear this news yesterday afternoon. Although the "warrior" talk may be a bit over the top -- the guys and gals putting their lives at risk every day in Iraq and Afghanistan are warriors; multimillionaires playing a game not so much -- I always respected McNair's toughness.

Yeah, I have my own suspicions about what happened in that condo, but checking the back page of this thread tells me that 1.) I'm better off keeping them to myself, and 2.) I probably don't want to read Pages 1-7.

R.I.P., No. 9.

Exact same thing here. Just got in from Boston. Same timeline, same thoughts about not wanting to read pages 1-7.

Here's more on the subject. Have fun watching some of this crapola.

R.I.P., No. 9.

Doesn't it make you sick that an alleged child molester and certified nut is getting so much attention to his burial when over 4,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq are barely ever mentioned in the media. :flirt:

Doesn't it make you sick that an alleged child molester and certified nut is getting so much attention to his burial when over 4,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq are barely ever mentioned in the media. :flirt:

To regurgitate a quote that I absolutely hate whenever someone uses it in an interview ... "it is what it is." People were so anxious for news about Michael Jackson's death that it crashed the freaking Internet. So of COURSE it's going to be covered.

Not to turn this into a political thread, but there are some people in the media who haven't ignored the casualties in Iraq. Here's one:

http://www.esquire.com/features/things-that-carried-him