Steve McNair found shot to death

cnn.com is reporting that the woman found shot to death with him was his girlfriend, not his wife. Were he and his wife separated? still very sad any way you look at it, and the NFL lost a great player and the world lost a great person.

Well, looks like the police have their prime suspect....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like the police have their prime suspect....

my wife just said the same thing. i don't know though. i hope that's not the case. so many possibilities right now...

so freakin sad...

my wife just said the same thing. i don't know though. i hope that's not the case. so many possibilities right now...

so freakin sad...

I really hope thats not the case they have 4 boys, tragic, and shocking!... McNair was a true professional, and had a warrior type appeal about him, his smile was electric, and constant..... R.I.P.

Gregg Williams weighs in:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/...airs-death.html

Excerpt:

"One of the things I learned from him was what a silent leader is. Sometime people try to force leadership on themselves or other people by talking too much and people tune you out. He wasn't a vocal, in-your-face leader. He was an example by how hard he played the game. You had to respect him by how he played the game, so when he did speak you listened to him. It was a great testament to the kind of tough guy he was.

"I will tell you this: People that want to be flamboyant, people that want to stand out and be individuals, that's not Steve McNair. Steve McNair was a person comfortable in his own skin, comfortable in his own ability and comfortable as his own player. But off the field, that's why you had to respect him. He wasn't a person that had to show people all the bling-bling-bling of what a sports professional was. That's not how he was. He came from the country of Mississippi and that's what he was. A hard-working, hard-nosed country boy that finally got something that he wanted to share with other people. And he had a big, charitable heart, whether it was with his time, money or whatever. He came back. And that's the model of what we all should be, of people think that we're more than we are as sports professionals. We're just regular people, and that was Steve. He was just a regular person, a regular person away from where he played, and I respected him so much for that.

My money's on the g-friend's husband or sig other.

Terrible news.

I found myself thinking the same thing. I didn't know the girlfriend had a husband, but i still was thinking along the lines of an angry boyfriend/husband.

Kinda sad, murders usually only are related to three things: 1)money, 2)drugs, 3)women/men

I found myself thinking the same thing. I didn't know the girlfriend had a husband, but i still was thinking along the lines of an angry boyfriend/husband.

Kinda sad, murders usually only are related to three things: 1)money, 2)drugs, 3)women/men

4) The sick need to kill.

cnn.com is reporting that the woman found shot to death with him was his girlfriend, not his wife. Were he and his wife separated? still very sad any way you look at it, and the NFL lost a great player and the world lost a great person.

Wow...well it could have been the girlfriend's ex...still way too early to speculate what could have happened.

What we know thus far is this per The Tennessean and Newschannel 5 in Nashville:

1) No struggle in apt.

2)Woman found was not his wife, Mechelle.

3) The woman's name is Sahel Kazemi, a 20 year old who co-owned a Black Escalade with Mr. McNair.

4) Said Escalade was involved in a DUI last week.

5) McNair died of multiple gun shot wounds. At least one to the head. Woman died of one gunshot.

6) There seems to be speculation the woman was his girlfriend.

7) AFAIK McNair is not divorced.

More news here:

http://tinyurl.com/lgmx9q

What a crappy 2 weeks of celebrity and athlete deaths!

roofies? (if true) wow, what a "class act!"

I was probably wrong to post that. This seems more likely.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704...+Kazemi+killed+

Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found alongside him in a Second Avenue condo he rented. She had a single gunshot wound to her head; a pistol was found near her body.

Sad, he was one of the few Titans I rooted for. I despised the team even though living in TN most of my life. I did joke about how he was always injured, but he did come to play every game.

roofies? (if true) wow, what a "class act!"

You're gonna take the word of a chic that may have a murderer as a boyfriend? Nice. :thumbsup:

RIP McNair and friend. :w00t:

I was probably wrong to post that. This seems more likely.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704...+Kazemi+killed+

Sad, he was one of the few Titans I rooted for. I despised the team even though living in TN most of my life. I did joke about how he was always injured, but he did come to play every game.

hmmmm...speculation....-it sounds like an ugly story whichever way it turns out

hmmmm...speculation....-it sounds like an ugly story whichever way it turns out

Yeah, I just felt bad after I posted the first link. I think it will be ugly unless it was some random killing which will just be tragic then.

What we know thus far is this per The Tennessean and Newschannel 5 in Nashville:

1) No struggle in apt.

2)Woman found was not his wife, Mechelle.

3) The woman's name is Sahel Kazemi, a 20 year old who co-owned a Black Escalade with Mr. McNair.

4) Said Escalade was involved in a DUI last week.

5) McNair died of multiple gun shot wounds. At least one to the head. Woman died of one gunshot.

6) There seems to be speculation the woman was his girlfriend.

7) AFAIK McNair is not divorced.

More news here:

http://tinyurl.com/lgmx9q

Whoever did this was reallllyyyyy pissed at him. Multiple shots is the work of severe anger. IMO

Yeah, I just felt bad after I posted the first link. I think it will be ugly unless it was some random killing which will just be tragic then.

yeah i hear ya man.....u were right to post both.