Steve McNair found shot to death

Have to disagree.Just because he disagreed with the assumption doesnt mean he suggested it was not murder suicide.I believe he disagreed with the notion of guessing.

Then why are you disagreeing? :pirate:

You are saying the same thing that DC Tom said.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Then why are you disagreeing? :pirate:

You are saying the same thing that DC Tom said.

So if I'm disagreeing with what your disagreeing with what Tcali is disagreeing, with what hurly Burly is disagreeing with, we should all just disagree to disagree :devil:

But you DISAGREED with people who presumed with no evidence that it was a murder-suicide, therefore you suggested it was not murder-suicide.

Because it's not like you could have been suggested that presumption with no evidence was moronic. That's just crazy talk!

Apologies to Dean for the inaccurate reference.

Not sure about presuming over no evidence though, as the police themselves were releasing facts as they learned them. Seemed fairly clear what the outcome was going to be, understanding of course until it was formal it might change based on test results or information gleaned from interviews.

Here's the path police led us down, before any formal classification was made. If you have a problem with speculation as an exercise before its final, that's one thing. But the police gave us enough information to arrive at our own logical conclusions. McNair took two shots to the chest, two to the head. She had one in the head. All shots from the same gun, which was found underneath her body, which was lying close to his. The door was locked, as his roommate had to use his key to get in. They were not pursuing any suspects. It all suggests muder/suicide, which as it turns out is exactly what happened.

Not sure about presuming over no evidence though, as the police themselves were releasing facts as they learned them. Seemed fairly clear what the outcome was going to be, understanding of course until it was formal it might change based on test results or information gleaned from interviews.

Here's the path police led us down, before any formal classification was made. If you have a problem with speculation as an exercise before its final, that's one thing. But the police gave us enough information to arrive at our own logical conclusions. McNair took two shots to the chest, two to the head. She had one in the head. All shots from the same gun, which was found underneath her body, which was lying close to his. The door was locked, as his roommate had to use his key to get in. They were not pursuing any suspects. It all suggests muder/suicide, which as it turns out is exactly what happened.

I agree.

But police often hold back important information, and release what they want you to know at the time. In this case, what they released was legit, but was there really anyway to know if they were keeping a very important piece of info in their pocket?

Maybe it is just me, but I think that there is more to this. The whole thing is bizarre. I have a hard time believing that a 20 year old girl who a few days earlier advertised her furniture on Craigslist wanted to kill SM and then turn the gun on herself. The whole thing with her ex BF and his friend also is bizarre.

Maybe what the police said today is correct, but I would not be at all surprised if we end up learning that there was much more to all of this.

Maybe it is just me, but I think that there is more to this. The whole thing is bizarre. I have a hard time believing that a 20 year old girl who a few days earlier advertised her furniture on Craigslist wanted to kill SM and then turn the gun on herself. The whole thing with her ex BF and his friend also is bizarre.

Maybe what the police said today is correct, but I would not be at all surprised if we end up learning that there was much more to all of this.

It's just you. 1+1=2, but somehow you think it may =1.23456789.

She bought the gun, there was gunshot residue on her hands only, she talked of suicide, her life was a mess, she had been orphaned, possibly by murder, in Iran-which may have led to her instability.

It usually is what it is & nothing more, here it's definitely murder suicide. Next you'll be telling us Michael Jackson is alive & living on a desert island, soon to be joined by his kids.

This really is a terrible situation all the way around. A healthy father of four murdered in his sleep by an obsessively jealous, debt ridden girlfriend who then turns the gun on herself. Gives me a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It's a sad situation, especially for his family. Since it appears his wife had no idea who she was it makes me wonder if she was aware of the affair. If she found out about the affair through his death that would be a much harder thing to take than just his murder. JMO

It's pretty simple really. The way the police believe it happened is most likely the way it happened. What's really sad is that she had put her furniture up on Craigslist. I believe she honestly believed she was moving in with him. A lot of guys with mistress' will keep telling them they'll be leaving their wives soon just to keep them around when they have no intention of doing so. If McNair was doing this then she may have put her furniture on Craigslist without his knowledge.

Something set her off that night. What? Who knows but I think it may have been a realization that he would not be leaving his wife. JMO

Thanks, but if you read a few posts later, I predicted this will change. It makes sense. Back in the 70s and even 80s, I never even saw women have road rage. True story....I was pulling into a 7/11 parking lot, and a lady was putting her baby in a car seat in the backseat of her car. I could have fit into the spot, but I politely waited until she was done. When she finished, she looked at me sitting in my car and gave me the middle finger. :lol:

Sadly, they are picking up a lot of our bad habits. They are as stressed out as men today, or so I think.

I can't find a reason for why she did that. :unsure: I'd hate to be her hubby. She must be a terror to live with. You cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the living room!! Why are you such an :lol:

I was flipped off by a nun at a stoplight last week.

That is NOT the first time that's happened to me, either. First time I didn't deserve it, though.

I don't believe nun of that.

A woman was speeding in a parking lot and I pulled out in front of her (with plenty of room ahead of her.) and when we got to the light leaving the parking lot she pulled up next to me and flipped me off while screaming at me. It was winter and her windows were up and so were mine but I got an idea of what she was saying by reading lips. I think I pissed her off because I drove slower to the light than she wanted me to.

My favorite way to deal with those people is to smile and wave and say; "Hey how are you, very nice to meet you." That just angers them more which is cool! :thumbsup:

Initially though, depending on the placement of the shots, it does appear like overkill and usually occurs in a fit of rage just like numerous stabs vs. one or two fatal stab wounds. I do admit however an inexperienced shooter could do the same thing.

I always use multiple stab wounds when I am pissed! Single ones if I am only mildly

preturbed.

This was a very clear cut case, and there was very little misinformation. The police did a great job in releasing details without letting speculation run rampant. The Iranian girl was distraught over a DUI and McNair apparently screwing around with ANOTHER woman that the Iranian girl tried to follow after she had seen this other woman come out of McNair's apartment. She told some of her friends she was thinking of ending it all. She bought a gun from an acquaintance (what's up with that?) right after McNair bailed her out of jail for the DUI. Two days later, they're found dead...murder-suicide. Nothing bizarre about it, just sad.

You have the wrong poster , or you have really bad reading comprehension.

I never weighed on on what I thought happened. I said it was bad for to speculate based on the limited info, and that it was the day after he died.

Go back and find me a post where I suggested it was not murder-suicide.

How 'bout this:

Double Suicide, with one gun!

Steve shot himself twice in the body, and then in the head...and then once more in the head to be sure.

Girl knew there weren't many bullets left, so she went straight to her head.

Sorry. Just trying to point out the insanity, and poor taste, of guessing about this. (Not directed specifically at you, matter.)

At some point, the details will be fully discussed, I'm sure.

So by mocking the (clear from all info provided by cops early on) likely scenario of murder-suicide, you were actually suggesting it may have been a murder suicide?

All those "half-wits and dimwits" out there in the "peanut gallery". They are beneath contempt!

How 'bout this:

So by mocking the (clear from all info provided by cops early on) likely scenario of murder-suicide, you were actually suggesting it may have been a murder suicide?

All those "half-wits and dimwits" out there in the "peanut gallery". They are beneath contempt!

I was clearly not only implying, but actually stating in other posts, that going by the tidbits released by the police is probably not a great way to solve a crime AND those unconnected to the case doing so the day after the death seemed a bit unseemly. As it turns out, the Police didn't hold back info and the case was as straightforward as it appeared. I never suggested (seriously) that it wasn't. I suggested it MAY not have been, and there would be know way for the posters here to know.

It was a PROCESS argument. (But I know that is way over your head, WEO.) Did many he posters turn out to be right in their guesses? Sure. I never suggested they couldn't be correct. The process was still flawed, though. Any process that relies exclusively on the public statements of the authorities (particularly in situations where the authorities statements are known to be potentially incomplete) is a flawed process.

I can't find a reason for why she did that. :unsure: I'd hate to be her hubby. She must be a terror to live with. You cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed the living room!! Why are you such an :lol:

I don't believe nun of that.

A woman was speeding in a parking lot and I pulled out in front of her (with plenty of room ahead of her.) and when we got to the light leaving the parking lot she pulled up next to me and flipped me off while screaming at me. It was winter and her windows were up and so were mine but I got an idea of what she was saying by reading lips. I think I pissed her off because I drove slower to the light than she wanted me to.

My favorite way to deal with those people is to smile and wave and say; "Hey how are you, very nice to meet you." That just angers them more which is cool! :thumbsup:

Do you thnk Shawn Taylor might have done it?

I was clearly not only implying, but actually stating in other posts, that going by the tidbits released by the police is probably not a great way to solve a crime AND those unconnected to the case doing so the day after the death seemed a bit unseemly. As it turns out, the Police didn't hold back info and the case was as straightforward as it appeared. I never suggested (seriously) that it wasn't. I suggested it MAY not have been, and there would be know way for the posters here to know.

It was a PROCESS argument. (But I know that is way over your head, WEO.) Did many he posters turn out to be right in their guesses? Sure. I never suggested they couldn't be correct. The process was still flawed, though. Any process that relies exclusively on the public statements of the authorities (particularly in situations where the authorities statements are known to be potentially incomplete) is a flawed process.

Basically, if you don't have ALL of the accurate information, you're only making an educated guess...got it everyone?

:lol:

I'm smarter than a 2nd grader!

Basically, if you don't have ALL of the accurate information, you're only making an educated guess...got it everyone?

:lol:

I'm smarter than a 2nd grader!

"Educated" is used loosely here, right? I would say you are making a guess on some bits of released information. In this case, those bits were big, and factual. Doesn't always work that way, though.