Steve McNair found shot to death

I don't know the details of this tragic event. At best, it looks like McNair exercised bad judgment and at worse, it looks like he exploited a girl barely out of her teens. She probably was just as happy to be with him regardless of his status. Though reports today indicate he told her he was divorcing his wife. I don't know if that was true. No divorce proceedings were filed in Nashville court where they live at least part time.

Either way McNair was well loved in this community and did his share of giving back. But even recently it has been shown that he has been DUI. Proof that his judgment isn't the best.

The first time they let him off on a technicality and the second time during the trial the cop's history was drug through the mud. This last time his presence in the Escalade wasn't even recorded in the affidavit. He was allowed to leave in a taxi.

IMHO, if this was a non celebrity - the accommodation of his guilt and behavior would never have happened regardless of how much of a "good guy" the person was. Again, proof that society treats celebrities in ways that precludes them taking responsibility for their actions. There is no greater evidence of this than the Michael Jackson episode.

Steve was a good guy and didn't deserve to be shot by anyone. I'm not sure if anyone he looked up to stepped in to say how his behavior may have been jeopardizing his health, safety and legacy. But young (or old) millionaires tend to not listen to advice even when it's good. Cause no one sets any boundaries for them when they have power, money, celebrity and influence.

All this is very sad IMHO and could have been avoided.

C

It seems that is not an uncommon lie that people will tell their mistress' or mimbo's to string them along. Unfortunately most believe it.

I believe that is exactly what the lady said.

Oh wait, she said nothing of the sort, my bad.

:flirt: I gotta lie down. Deerball is posting stuff that makes sense. I must be hallucinating! :lol:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNair

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Former Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed. Police said McNair suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave. Police said it looked like a double homicide. A female victim was also found dead.

:flirt:

Police are now thinking it could have been a murder-suicide as the gun was found under the 20 year woman's body whom McNair apparently was having an affair with...

Until someone (I don't remember who) posted that they lived nearby and actually saw the jet flying low from their apartment window seconds before it hit the Pentagon. It shut the theorist up pretty damn quick.

I believe that was DC Tom.

A while back on this board, there was some guy propagating the theory that a missile, not a jet, crashed into the Pentagon on that horrible day. He was all gung-ho about his little theory.

Until someone (I don't remember who) posted that they lived nearby and actually saw the jet flying low from their apartment window seconds before it hit the Pentagon. It shut the theorist up pretty damn quick.

Yeah, that and the fact those people on board the plane who died didn't purchase tickets for seats on a missle.

The crazy Iranian girl shot Steve and popped herself.

Steve was a hell of a guy, but he loved (LOVED) the ladies. It's been going on for years. You would never find a bigger p-hound than Steve.

That said, he was a great guy and did a lot for charity in Tennessee and Mississippi.

I am less sure.. If she had the 4 shots and he had 1 it would look like a murder/suicide. It still does, but it is rare when a female is the shooter on a murder/suicide.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I believe Phil Hartman's murder was a M/S by his wife and just an interesting tie in here.

Police are now thinking it could have been a murder-suicide as the gun was found under the 20 year woman's body whom McNair apparently was having an affair with...

Double Suicide, with one gun!

Steve shot himself twice in the body, and then in the head...and then once more in the head to be sure.

Girl knew there weren't many bullets left, so she went straight to her head.

Sorry. Just trying to point out the insanity, and poor taste, of guessing about this. (Not directed specifically at you, matter.)

At some point, the details will be fully discussed, I'm sure.

Wow, that sounds like a hit. or murder/suicide?

Getting warmer. A "hit" would be pretty out there, and though they haven't ruled anything out yet, the fact they are not actively pursuing any suspects says something. The wife has already all but been ruled out. We'll have to see what the ex-boyfriend's alibi is. What we do know for sure is McNair's death has been classified as homicide. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I believe Phil Hartman's murder was a M/S by his wife and just an interesting tie in here.

I have no idea what happened from reading these reports.

It is however true that men murder women more than they murder us. I also think that this will soon change due to societal change. The job market is weird these days. Men often are staying home with the kids while their wives work, and many will be granted custody of their children, with women paying spousal support and child support. And, they aren't going to like it.

Maybe I'm wrong.

And that's really the bottom line here, IMO. You have training and experience and you can't even tell from what has been released, so far. So why all the speculation from the TV-watching peanut gallery?

And that's really the bottom line here, IMO. You have training and experience and you can't even tell from what has been released, so far. So why all the speculation from the TV-watching peanut gallery?

Speculation can be entertaining...if one keeps in mind that it's speculation.

Speculation can be entertaining...if one keeps in mind that it's speculation.

Yes, I suppose. I find it odd that people choose their entertainment speculating on how McNair might have died, the day after he was shot. But then again, I find humor in pretty strange places, too. Of course I don't torture myself by watching the horrible assortment of half-wits and dimwits on the various TV shows, or blogs sites, discussing this.

But to each their own. I retract my previous admonishment!

Cablelady:

What class you have, so now he deserved to die?

Bizarre response, is there a way you can remove ALL of your past posts while your at it and also force you to have some class, dignity and brains in future ones? If so I'm all for it.

Have you ever met Harriet?

It is however true that men murder women more than they murder us. I also think that this will soon change due to societal change. The job market is weird these days. Men often are staying home with the kids while their wives work, and many will be granted custody of their children, with women paying spousal support and child support. And, they aren't going to like it.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry, I tried to make that say something I couldn't do very well. I only meant to point out the PH was killed similarly if this is what happened. I think you're right about men being way over on the side of killing women.

RIP Steve McNair.

Toughest QB I have seen play and that includes Kelly.

But if he was creeping on his wife with a 20 year old there no good result in that.

He didn't deserve to die so young and I really feel for his 4 boys who wont have a father, that's the saddest part

Really, Dean? You left the part out where even he said he thinks it looks like murder/suicide. Maybe I overestimated you. You can't follow the path the cops have been leading us down? McNair took two shots to the body, two to the head. She had one in the head. All shots from the same gun, which was found underneath her body, which was lying close to his. The door was locked, as his roommate had to use his key to get in. They are not pursuing any suspects. Not sure it's speculation, as it doesn't leave much to the imagination.

I suspect the reason the cops are releasing facts before formally pronouncing the classification of her death is because they are very confident with the direction the investigation is taking them. They already know it was murder/suicide. They just need to dot all I's and cross all T's before they formally make that pronouncement.

This is all of course just idle speculation. :flirt: