Steve McNair found shot to death

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is really sad, only 35...

I loved McNair. I remember when he came out of college, a lot of folks had doubts about him, and questioned his intelligence. What impressed me so much about him, he never played into his detractors complaints, and just acted like an NFL vetran from day one. The way his career ended in Tennessee was kind of sad, he deserved better. I think he was one of those truly underrated QB's in his era. Gotta admit, the "homerun throwback" aside, i always liked the way the Titans played football, and McNair was a big part of that. Tough as nails, and a leader...how can you not appreciate a football player like that...

What the hell? I'm over at my in-laws for a party...heard this on the way over to pick up the barbecue.

RIP. This is terribly sad news, and I expect it will all get sorted out. :thumbsup::w00t:

Very sad news. I have much respect for Steve NcNair the player and the man.

I love one of the the ESPN stories where they interview him and his mother.The love and respect he had for her was so strong it burst through the screen.

He actually bought her the plantation (over 600 acres) she had worked on as a kid. He then built a big house for her on the property.

RIP Steve. :thumbsup:

cnn.com is reporting that the woman found shot to death with him was his girlfriend, not his wife. Were he and his wife separated? still very sad any way you look at it, and the NFL lost a great player and the world lost a great person.

Its hard listening to his teammates calling in on ESPN, may he RIP.

I caught part of the phone interview with ESPN rocket surgeon Cris Carter who said he had been following McNair's career since McNair was drafted in 1991 :thumbsup: