I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

As much as I hate that passive style, it probably helped the injury-riddled 2007 team stay in games, and even win 7. But it seems as though every difficulty sends Dick into "safe mode". That reflects on the team's play, IMO. I'm hoping he got the message from Ralph, before being retained, but I can't say I am optimistic. But I am hopeful, as coached have made changes to the way they manage the game, and the team, in the past. It isn't impossible.

and after 9 years of failure- what makes you think Dick will change his entire personality and coaching style to become more aggressive??

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and after 9 years of failure- what makes you think Dick will change his entire personality and coaching style to become more aggressive??

If you go out and get aggressive players and change your offense to a no-huddle style, your making war not tea.

That's the key point: where's his motivation to change? Virtually every post-game press conference Jauron holds, he reaffirms his commitment to his "Keep the game close so you're in a position to win in the final two minutes" philosophy. It's not just that he's not aggressive; he believes that not being aggressive is the way to win games.

If you go out and get aggressive players and change your offense to a no-huddle style, your making war not tea.

He could be making hot tea instead of cold tea.

Jauron's first 2 years in Chicago, the Bears ran some "razzle dazzle" Mularkey style type of offense. Overall, the offense still blew, ranking in the mid to high 20's for points scored.

Anyone can rationalize anything. But, the trooth is the trooth. And, at the end of the day Dick Jauron is a loser... flat out, period, end of story. And, that's the trooth.

It is true that this is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.

I am not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with you.

Trooth is not always truth.

I don't think he will, that's why I am worried. I said it is possible, not probable. I trust you understand the difference.

This will probably the most talented team overall (Chicago had a much better D in his 13-win season) that DJ has ever coached. He may also be facing a "playoff or else", situation from Ralph (I said "may be", I don't know that he is, or isn't). Turk has his rookie OC season under his belt, and he too will likely be gone if Jauron is fired. The forces may conspire and stimulate DJ to rethink things. And let's not forget DJ has had periods of the season where he let the players hang it out, a bit. The offense for the last six games, or so, in 2006, was aggressive, for example.

And, just in case you need a real world example of a coach who changed the way he operated for many years, when it was clear his normal MO was going to get him fired, look at Tom Coughlin. Barely escaped being fired from the Giants, and made a conscious decision to change the way he interacted with the players. That's a very difficult change for anyone. It is something that has to be carried out day after day, by Coughlin, and probably goes against everything he once believed. A change for Jauron may also be difficult, but he can let his coordinators and coaches execute the day-to-day details of the new plan.

Now, with that said, I still think DJ is the weak link, here. But, there is room for hope. My fan side says "it could happen", my experiential/practical side says "I'll believe it when I see it" and my logical side says "It is possible, but not all that likely".

You're wrong. I've been here a long time and this board has never been this nasty. Personal attacks were very rare here and now, not only do they come in every thread, they come on the first page. It used to be that vicious, passionate and fervent attacks on opinions was the norm (as it should be). Now it has become like kindergarden here with the constant name calling by the same members day after day. It's embarrassing what this once proud board has become.

Amen. Maybe it's time to take an oath that we will treat each other with respect. Jab all you want about an opinion, but let's cut out the personal crap. By this post I am making a commitment to do so in the future. Regulars, will you sign on or not?

Why? Because the very thing we want... a variety of ideas and opinions... is declining because of the back stabbing. It's not about being thick skinned or not. It's about people with intelligent comments to make saying it's not worth it, because you get slammed no matter what you say. Then they leave. We are losing valuable input and that will eventually kill this board.

I don't think he will, that's why I am worried. I said it is possible, not probable. I trust you understand the difference.

This will probably the most talented team overall (Chicago had a much better D in his 13-win season) that DJ has ever coached. He may also be facing a "playoff or else", situation from Ralph (I said "may be", I don't know that he is, or isn't). Turk has his rookie OC season under his belt, and he too will likely be gone if Jauron is fired. The forces may conspire and stimulate DJ to rethink things. And let's not forget DJ has had periods of the season where he let the players hang it out, a bit. The offense for the last six games, or so, in 2006, was aggressive, for example.

And, just in case you need a real world example of a coach who changed the way he operated for many years, when it was clear his normal MO was going to get him fired, look at Tom Coughlin. Barely escaped being fired from the Giants, and made a conscious decision to change the way he interacted with the players. That's a very difficult change for anyone. It is something that has to be carried out day after day, by Coughlin, and probably goes against everything he once believed. A change for Jauron may also be difficult, but he can let his coordinators and coaches execute the day-to-day details of the new plan.

Now, with that said, I still think DJ is the weak link, here. But, there is room for hope. My fan side says "it could happen", my experiential/practical side says "I'll believe it when I see it" and my logical side says "It is possible, but not all that likely".

Brilliant post. :flirt:

I have my occasional moments.

We have talent, that's been the missing part of the past 9 years. Not that we didn't have talent along the way, it just wasn't this deep nor spread out amongst the different positions. We will have the #1 or 2 special teams squad in the NFL, should break the top 10 in defense and the offense has enough firepower to outshoot just about everybody. We have the top WR combo in the NFL (maybe 2nd behind AZ), 3 solid RB's and some new blood to flow on the line. I personally think that inexperience at some key positions will be our biggest problem initially but can be worked through.

All in all, having the talent gives the coaches a chance to put a better result up. DJ is not stupid / nor uneducated, he has just lacking a good enough supporting cast to succeed until now.

GO BILLS!!!!!

the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks,the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks.oh!did i mention that the coaching staff sucks,sorry i know that the coaching staff sucks :flirt::lol::lol:

All in all, having the talent gives the coaches a chance to put a better result up. DJ is not stupid / nor uneducated, he has just lacking a good enough supporting cast to succeed until now.

Suggesting that DJ hasn't had good enough talent, or support staff, to not suck is really reaching. The Bills had plenty of talent, last season, and the coaches wasted that talent. It sounds like you are saying DJ can only succeed if the talent is outstanding.

Newsflash: The Bills still don't have overwhelming talent, IMO. DJ needs far more to change than the few additions to the roster, to succeed. He needs to change his philosophy. But he isn't stupid (although a few of his calls last year put that into question), but he is timid, as a coach.

the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks,the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks, the coaching staff sucks.oh!did i mention that the coaching staff sucks,sorry i know that the coaching staff sucks :flirt::lol::lol:

Quite an analysis.

Suggesting that DJ hasn't had good enough talent, or support staff, to not suck is really reaching. The Bills had plenty of talent, last season, and the coaches wasted that talent. It sounds like you are saying DJ can only succeed if the talent is outstanding.

Newsflash: The Bills still don't have overwhelming talent, IMO. DJ needs far more to change than the few additions to the roster, to succeed. He needs to change his philosophy. But he isn't stupid (although a few of his calls last year put that into question), but he is timid, as a coach.

We had a chance to win more than we lost last year, I attribute that to the coaches calling the games. We have been sorely lacking at WR, henceforth why the T.O. pick up was just so huge. We went from a #1 to a #3 WR to having 1A / 1B, just a huge difference. We also picked up a solid performer in Rhodes who can assure a fresh pair of legs on the field when ML / FJ are tired.

It's hard to press when you have your only WR covered by several people on every play. Now it's going to be Trent recognizing coverages and seeing who is open, not if someone is open. The difference will show almost instantly this season, our 2 boys complimenting each other.

We had a chance to win more than we lost last year, I attribute that to the coaches calling the games. We have been sorely lacking at WR, henceforth why the T.O. pick up was just so huge. We went from a #1 to a #3 WR to having 1A / 1B, just a huge difference. We also picked up a solid performer in Rhodes who can assure a fresh pair of legs on the field when ML / FJ are tired.

It's hard to press when you have your only WR covered by several people on every play. Now it's going to be Trent recognizing coverages and seeing who is open, not if someone is open. The difference will show almost instantly this season, our 2 boys complimenting each other.

If our coaching staff had an ounce of creativity and wisdom, they would have designed plays to force Evans into single coverage..

put him in motion, overload a zone, etc

happens to every team in the league

why is it just the Bills who can't get their best players the ball on a consistent basis??

If our coaching staff had an ounce of creativity and wisdom, they would have designed plays to force Evans into single coverage..

put him in motion, overload a zone, etc

happens to every team in the league

why is it just the Bills who can't get their best players the ball on a consistent basis??

Because the coaches.... ummmm... suck?